PDA

View Full Version : Digital Adventures August Release -- Complete SRD Ruleset!

Thore_Ironrock
July 28th, 2005, 23:10
It's finally here! A ruleset for Fantasy Grounds that features all of the information contained within the d20 Standard Reference Document!

What you get with this jam-packed ruleset:

- This product contains the full text of the d20 System Reference Documents.

- The complete text of the d20 SRD

- A quick reference that puts important tables at your fingertips.

- Class information for Epic, Psionic, and Prestige Classes.

- An expanded spell reference that includes Epic, Divine, and Psionic Spells.

- An expanded monster reference that includes Epic and Psionic Monsters.

- New Divine Domains and spells, as well as rules for planes and deities.

- An expanded list of weapons, armor, gear, and magical items.

- ...and much more than we could reasonably list here, all for the low price of $5.00 a download!!

This is the first major ruleset release from Digital Adventures, and sets a high standard for all future rulesets! You can purchase the Complete SRD Ruleset by going to RPG, or follow this link:

https://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=5200&

For more information on this and other products from Digital Adventures visit our website at: https://www.digitaladventures.net.

Special thanks to the author of this project - Ben Dyer, known in this forum as Zane Marlowe. Great job Ben!

Happy Gaming!

richvalle
July 29th, 2005, 00:57
Dang it... something else I'll have buy. Stop it!

:)

Sounds really nice. Good work.

rv

Thore_Ironrock
July 29th, 2005, 01:57
Dang it... something else I'll have buy. Stop it!

Sounds really nice. Good work.

rv

:lol:

... and there's more coming Rich!

Zane_Marlowe
July 29th, 2005, 02:57
Thought I'd post a few screens so people could get a sense of what's in there. Obviously the stuff posted above is present, but being able to get a sense how it looks in the program is cool too.

There's an Equipment Section (https://www.onthequest.com/upload/equipment.png) that contains a tables and information on what's out there, and how to create virtually anything.

There's a Reference Section (https://www.onthequest.com/upload/reference.png) that comprises the main text of the product and gives you the stuff on everything in the SRD in nice bite-size chunks (i.e., minimizable chunks for reference while running games online).

There's a Quick Reference (https://www.onthequest.com/upload/quickref.png) that contains links to almost every table that appeared in the SRD. Since some tables are buried a few levels in, everything in the quick reference is hierarchically flat and you just go down the list until you find what you're looking for.

The Spell Reference (https://www.onthequest.com/upload/spells.png) has been updated with additional clerical domains (on the left side of the image), a complete listing of spells, and the brand new Psionic Powers reference feature.

As you can see, it was a heck of a lot of work, and I'm currently sending Hitmen to find Kevin (Thore) since he's practically giving it away. :wink:

Happy Gaming!
Ben Dyer

Elric
July 29th, 2005, 11:29
My wife's gonna kill me she gonna kill me dead! :lol:

richvalle
July 29th, 2005, 14:22
I've not done much with custom rule sets.

If I bought this and used it to create a module could I then release that module for others to use? I think they would have to have the rule set on their own pc right?

rv

Thore_Ironrock
July 29th, 2005, 21:53
I've not done much with custom rule sets.

If I bought this and used it to create a module could I then release that module for others to use? I think they would have to have the rule set on their own pc right?

rv

If you link it up to the spells, psionics, epics, feats, etc within any ruleset -- then yes. Everything in a ruleset has it's own unique identifiers in the XML code, and all of the ducks need to line up in a row, as the saying goes. You might get lucky and hit a few that are the same, but it is not 100% compatible. I know Ben tried to standardize things as much as possible, so I really can't say for sure without doing a little bit of testing.

However, I believe that if the DM has the ruleset, then they player's don't need it. As far as DA goes, for the present time anything we publish will use the default FG ruleset, until our Complete SRD one is more popular. I am currently looking at some VERY LARGE adventure/campaign ideas, and for something of a larger scale we might build them under the Complete SRD.

Hope that answers your question Rich!

richvalle
July 30th, 2005, 00:23
Yes thanks.

Errr... 2 things.

1. I know when you log into a dm with a custom rule set you get a bunch of files downloaded to your system. Is that going to be a problem??

2. I had the same thought about your rule set and items for release. It might be nice to offer your large things in 2 ways, one for folks with the rule set already and one that is bundled with the rule set for more $$ but at a slight cash break.

Just to keep Zane's hit men away it would have to be VERY slight. :)

rv

Thore_Ironrock
July 30th, 2005, 01:04
Yes thanks.

Errr... 2 things.

1. I know when you log into a dm with a custom rule set you get a bunch of files downloaded to your system. Is that going to be a problem??

2. I had the same thought about your rule set and items for release. It might be nice to offer your large things in 2 ways, one for folks with the rule set already and one that is bundled with the rule set for more $$ but at a slight cash break.

Just to keep Zane's hit men away it would have to be VERY slight. :)

rv

#1. Not sure. Uncompressed the ruleset is 10MB. There is a lot of data there. This would be a question for the SmiteWorks tech guys. I'll look into it.

#2. Yep ... I've thought of that already. 8)

Thanks for the feedback Rich!

richvalle
July 30th, 2005, 01:43
Well, I was thinking more along the lines of after logging into a system with the rule set and getting the files I might have a copy of it on my system without paying for it...?

I figure the more feed back I give the better stuff you'll put out... that I'll have to pay for... hey! :o

rv

DirkGently
July 30th, 2005, 04:27
Ok, I purchased this ruleset and have downloaded it, installed it as specified and can not get it to fire. I have tried all that I know how to, and yet no joy.

Any ideas as to why I still get the standard rule set even thought the SRD files are in the D20 rule set folder?

I even deleted the original D20 folder and replaced it with the SRD rule set and rebooted, yet still nothing but the basic rules. Lo! I am perplexed!

Thore_Ironrock
July 30th, 2005, 04:35
Ok, I purchased this ruleset and have downloaded it, installed it as specified and can not get it to fire. I have tried all that I know how to, and yet no joy.

Any ideas as to why I still get the standard rule set even thought the SRD files are in the D20 rule set folder?

I even deleted the original D20 folder and replaced it with the SRD rule set and rebooted, yet still nothing but the basic rules. Lo! I am perplexed!

You cannot have another ruleset folder called "d20". Fantasy Grounds will automatically overright it. If you renamed my ruleset to d20, it will not work.

When you uncompress the Complete SRD it creates a folder called d20-SRD. Also make sure you're not nesting the folders when you unzip them.

All config files in the ruleset point to this name. If you want to change the name of the folder/ruleset to something other than d20-SRD, then you have to change the config paths in the base.xml file.

At the very least Dirk, try to open an empty campaign using just the d20-SRD folder. No reason that should not work.

Keep me informed. :)

Elric
July 30th, 2005, 04:36
Mine loaded just fine using the above instructions. :D

DirkGently
July 30th, 2005, 04:48
Right M'8,

That did the trick and happiness has been achieved. nice bit-o-work, btw.

Thore_Ironrock
July 30th, 2005, 04:49
Right M'8,

That did the trick and happiness has been achieved. nice bit-o-work, btw.

Excellent Dirk! Glad you enjoy it. I give Ben all the credit. :D

sunbeam60
July 31st, 2005, 12:18
It's awesome to see the Fantasy Grounds space broadening, and I applaud you for pushing in this direction.

I do have one question, though: If I have an existing adventure, with plenty of references, will I be able to change rule set on the fly, or do I have to "relink" the references up?

Orthogonally: What are my options to moving back to the default rule set?

Thore_Ironrock
July 31st, 2005, 18:07
It's awesome to see the Fantasy Grounds space broadening, and I applaud you for pushing in this direction.

I do have one question, though: If I have an existing adventure, with plenty of references, will I be able to change rule set on the fly, or do I have to "relink" the reference s up?

That is a tricky question. I believe about the only thing that may give you problems from default to C-SRD are the spells, since we completely re-did how they are presented -- you may have to test that one. The monsters should probably still work if they were in the default d20 ruleset, and if you move personalities over they should work just fine. There are more monsters in the C-SRD too, so obviously things not in one ruleset will not work in the other if they are not there.

It's going to be a trial and error thing in the end, but keep in mind that the Complete SRD has quite a bit more in it than the default ruleset. You're going to have much more at your fingertips with the more comprehensive set. Plus, relinking things should be relatively easy overall.

In the end you mostly link to monsters, personalities, and maybe spells. Monsters should be fine, personalities you're going to have to copy over anyway, and spells may or may not work depending on if they were in the default set or now. I'll try to do some testing this weekend, but if anyone has some results on this please let us know.

Hope this helps.

DirkGently
August 1st, 2005, 03:14
Ok,

I had the SRD ruleset all set to go, and my players ended up downloading for about an hour before I pulled the plug and reset the ruleset to d20.

So, I imagine that if we completed the download, they would have the d20-SRD ruleset. Yes?

This makes using this product a bit problematic. Its a great addition, but I can't ask my guys just to buy it so I can use it. Especially since I just asked them to get FG so we can play DnD online.

Ordinarily, we are playing SWG. WoW, CoH, Guild Wars, EQII, Planetside and Star Wars Battlefront and are making the move back into a more traditional form of Rp'ing. As the MMO version just can compete in terms of content experiance and roleplaying it.

But I digress.

What's your thoughts on this? Is there a way I can disable them having to download the ruleset and still use it?

Thore_Ironrock
August 1st, 2005, 03:18
What's your thoughts on this? Is there a way I can disable them having to download the ruleset and still use it?

I will bring it up with the SmitWorks guys.

Thanks Dirk.

Zane_Marlowe
August 1st, 2005, 04:18

I do have one question, though: If I have an existing adventure, with plenty of references, will I be able to change rule set on the fly, or do I have to "relink" the references up?

Ooh, ooh, I know the answer to this one!

Unfortunately, the references to spells and monsters will not work because the node names are subtly different in each version of the ruleset .xml files. This was unfortunately unavoidable.

On the other hand, I can assure you that all the content from the default ruleset is present in the CSRD, so it will be just a matter of relinking the monster, not having to choose another one because the one you had is not present.

The CSRD does not overwrite the default ruleset, and you can play games in either one.

As far as Dirk's comment about extra cost, I figure that the comparison isn't to a computer game (most of which begin at $40 if they're on sale, and MMO's have ongoing subscription fees after that), but to a pen and paper book which, for one this length, would cost you at least $40. The FG Client + SRD Ruleset comes out to $20, so it's the cost of a discount game and you get a rules reference that (as far as I know) runs about 875 pages if you were to print it out.

The basic idea here is that we wanted to try to create a "killer app" for FG, and to my knowledge, there is no other product out there that gives you this excellent toolset plus the complete OGL text of the SRD built in. Halo costs money over and above the cost of the XBox, but most people who went out and got an XBox when it was released did so in order to play that game.

(When I get my next laptop, I'm going to make sure it's DX9 compatible and I'm just going to use it at the tabletop with all this stuff built in so I can just manage stuff with a point and click rather than paging through books to find things.)

Anyway, hope that's something to convince your players with. We'd like to think that buying one means buying both if you want to do this right.

richvalle
August 1st, 2005, 17:37

I will bring it up with the SmitWorks guys.

Thanks Dirk.

I think the question is... do the players need to download the ruleset everytime they join or just the files that have been updated?

If they just have to dl the modified files then you could run the FG server for a couple of days before your next game and let the clients login and dl the files they need. Then when it is game time the dl won't take long at all.

If they are going to have to dl ALL the rule set files each time... that is going to be a major issue.

rv

Ged
August 1st, 2005, 19:58
I think the question is... do the players need to download the ruleset everytime they join or just the files that have been updated?

Just the files that have been updated.

johnhaines
August 1st, 2005, 20:01
I think that a more worrying issue for people selling content, e.g. rulesets, is whether a player who has a full licence has effectively received a full copy of the new ruleset for free and can then use it to produce their own content.

Has anyone tried connecting to a game using a custom ruleset to see exactly which files are copied?

Skotticus
August 1st, 2005, 20:34
As far as I can tell, *all* the files that are missing are copied over-- so if a client doesn't have any of it, they will receive the whole thing.

Thore_Ironrock
August 1st, 2005, 22:49
As far as I can tell, *all* the files that are missing are copied over-- so if a client doesn't have any of it, they will receive the whole thing.

Ville and I are currently gathering information on this issue, and will post to the board very soon. I also want to thank everyone for their feedback on this issue, as it will help us greatly with future releases.

I also want to apologize to folks who are having issues with client downloads. It was not our intention to create friction here. I tested the full-client relationship before posting, and the download time was apparently not as bad as some of you are having. Guess I must have a good connection. :wink:

In any event, we will have more information on this soon. I hope it will not detract from the excellent quality of the product, as we plan to do other rulesets in the future.

I would also ask that for those of you who did purchase the Complete SRD Ruleset please post some feedback (aside from the download issue please) so we can see what people do and do not like about how we presented this ruleset.

Thanks to all!

richvalle
August 2nd, 2005, 00:48
From the above post by Ged I think my idea is valid... connect a couple of days/hours before the first game with the new rule set and walk away for a while. Then when you go to play for real you'll have everything you need.

I think the rule set looks excelent and I plan on buying it as well as the cool looking monster expantion (as well as the pdf for said monsters). Once I get the cash to do so that is. :oops:

rv

Ged
August 2nd, 2005, 09:53
This will now be quite a bit beside the original topic of this thread, but to preserve continuity, I'll post this here nonetheless... :)

How to transfer a campaign from one ruleset to another
If the data in the original (A) and target (B) rulesets are compatible, changing the ruleset name in \rulesets\[ruleset_name]\campaign.xml does the trick, for example change the d20 in <ruleset name="d20" /> to whatever ruleset you intend to use, for instance d20_with_houserules.

Ruleset incompatibilities
There are three cases for incompatible rulesets:
1. Data defined in ruleset A are not used in B,
2. Data used by B are not defined in A, and
3. Datatypes for items labelled identically are different in A and B. (Say, in one a piece of data is int and in the other string)

In case 1 there is no problem; the data remains in the database but is just not displayed anywhere.
Case 2 is non-lethal for Fantasy Grounds. Because the data are missing, the places where they should be shown remain empty. This corresponds to making for example a new field in the character sheet, for which there obviously cannot be any data before such is input. (This is also the case for links where the naming has changed between rulesets, mentioned above by Zane_Marlowe. The link does not find the particular data and displays empty content.)
Case 3 is true incompatiblity that will result in undetermined behaviour.

In the future
From version 1.05 onwards, custom rulesets can be declared compatible with existing rulesets for the purpose of importing data, e.g. modules. To use, include the following in the ruleset definition:

<importinfo>
<acceptfrom ruleset="d20" />
</importinfo>
You can substitute any ruleset for the name, and include several "acceptfrom" entries. You could also export a campaign as a module from d20 and with the definition above in the other ruleset activate the module there effectively transferring the campaign to the new ruleset.

The objective of this new defintion has been to enable the creation of material in a standard ruleset (typically d20) while retaining the possibility to use a ruleset with "house rules". In particular, it is not meant as a generic tool for converting data from a custom ruleset A to a custom ruleset B.

The definitions can be included in the ruleset already, but in the 1.04 they just don’t do anything.

DirkGently
August 2nd, 2005, 12:39
Thanks for the responses gentlemen. That gives me something to work with.

As far as Dirk's comment about extra cost, I figure that the comparison isn't to a computer game (most of which begin at $40 if they're on sale, and MMO's have ongoing subscription fees after that), but to a pen and paper book which, for one this length, would cost you at least $40. The FG Client + SRD Ruleset comes out to $20, so it's the cost of a discount game and you get a rules reference that (as far as I know) runs about 875 pages if you were to print it out.

I didn't mean to imply that the cost was unreasonable or that the product was not worth it. Quite the contrary. Excellent product at an excellent price. It's just that I am loath to "require" my players to buy it, just so I can use it.
Thus I was merely seeking an alternative for me to be able to use without them needing to download.

There are several of us on dial-up in the D&D trial, and are scattered between the U.S. and England. The Crescent Order has members pretty much from all corners of the globe, and it is my hope to draw many of them from the MMORPG venue to which we are used to playing.
Thusly, significant downloading is an issues when it comes to tight scheduling windows.

Zane_Marlowe
August 2nd, 2005, 14:56
It's just that I am loath to "require" my players to buy it, just so I can use it.

I think I was trying to say that they get access to it as well. Remember that when you use the player's client, you have access to the reference information section, which is where the vast majority of this material is. Your players would not be buying something they would see no benefit from. The only thing they wouldn't really have access to is the monsters database.

richvalle
August 2nd, 2005, 18:20
I think the rule set looks excelent and I plan on buying it as well as the cool looking monster expantion (as well as the pdf for said monsters). Once I get the cash to do so that is. :oops:

rv

My 'major' purchase (a Treo 650) has fallen through for a lack of funds. :(

So I bought all 3 of these to cheer myself up.

rv

DirkGently
August 4th, 2005, 03:02
So when I install the d20-SRD and my players log in a campaign that the ruleset active, just what are they having to download precisely?

Is it something that I can zip and send for installation rather than the protracted download? If so what is it and to which directory?

I don't mean to appear overly dense here, but I get the sense that they are downloading the entire ruleset which would be rather bad for future sales I shouldn't wonder. Unless of course it erases itself after they log off, which then would be a pain especially as often as people seem to drop connections.

Thore_Ironrock
August 4th, 2005, 03:54
I don't mean to appear overly dense here, but I get the sense that they are downloading the entire ruleset which would be rather bad for future sales I shouldn't wonder. Unless of course it erases itself after they log off, which then would be a pain especially as often as people seem to drop connections.

Dirk,

They are downloading the ruleset. Unfortunately, that is the way things currently are. If you read Ville's previous post you'll see that may change in the future.

As for sales, as an experienced publisher this is something I fully expected. Unfortunately, things such as programs & PDFs get shared in this and any other industry, and there really isn't anything you can do about it. It is something you take into account when you get into this business. Honestly, I'm not worried about it, as in truth there is little I can do about it. From a sales perspective the downfall is I only sell to the DM, and not the DM & players -- which is what happens with adventures anyway.

Again, thanks for the concern Dirk. Hopefully, my future customers will be as honest as you. ;)

Regards,

richvalle
August 4th, 2005, 11:50
So when I install the d20-SRD and my players log in a campaign that the ruleset active, just what are they having to download precisely?

Is it something that I can zip and send for installation rather than the protracted download? If so what is it and to which directory?

Yes, you should be able to zip up the ruleset and send it to the players so they don't have to go though the whole download process. I'm not sure where it goes on the client side yet... its possible it goes into the same place as it does on the DM side.

I'll try to figure that out if no one else comes up with the answer soon.

rv

DirkGently
August 4th, 2005, 12:26
Well thats really tremendously sporting of you Thor, and may your sales grow exponentially.

But to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't be nearly as concerned if you were, say...... Bill Gates and The Evil Empire. ;) But at this level I consider you one of "us" , and just trying to make a go if it.

Luck and sales to ya.

richvalle
August 5th, 2005, 00:40
You know... it wouldn't be bad to ASK your players to buy the SRD. Let them know its not required but its only $5 and WELL worth the price IMO. The amount of information in there is staggering. Its not like they will not have access to that information either... its all there for them. And they wouldn't have to download just before the game. :)

Plus, as you said, they would be supporting a good publisher.

rv

Thore_Ironrock
August 5th, 2005, 01:13
You know... it wouldn't be bad to ASK your players to buy the SRD. Let them know its not required but its only $5 and WELL worth the price IMO. The amount of information in there is staggering. Its not like they will not have access to that information either... its all there for them. And they wouldn't have to download just before the game. :)

Plus, as you said, they would be supporting a good publisher.

rv

Thanks a ton, both Rich and Dirk! :D

I for one appreciate the FG community and their support. So much in fact that I will have an announcement sometime in the next week that will hopefully get the FG community "ball" rolling a bit more.

Stay tuned!

NeoDante
August 5th, 2005, 14:03
Ok, so I'm dense...Does this replace the d20 folder currently in FG?
Do I need to delete that folder in order to get this to work in a current campaign or do I need to start a new campaign?

BTW-either way, as soon as I can get this working I'm loving this product! Thank you! :wink:

richvalle
August 5th, 2005, 14:06
Ok, so I'm dense...Does this replace the d20 folder currently in FG?
Do I need to delete that folder in order to get this to work in a current campaign or do I need to start a new campaign?

BTW-either way, as soon as I can get this working I'm loving this product! Thank you! :wink:

You add it in addition to the d20 folder that is there.

Once there you do have to start a new campaign and pick the new srd ruleset.

rv

NeoDante
August 5th, 2005, 14:27
Ok, thanks Rich-So is there a way to add it to an existing campaign? Like put it in the house rules section or something? I saw Ged's post-but it mostly confused me. :) i.e. is the data compatible with this ruleset or not? If not, what will that do to my campaign?

richvalle
August 5th, 2005, 14:46
Well, if you havn't made changes to the d20 rules (which you can't anyway) can't you just start running the campaing from the new rule set? What needs to be brought over?

Lets see, maps, characters, npc's... I think all those things can be copied from their existing spot to the new rule set. Anyone??

For people that HAVE created their own rule-set this does pose a bit of a problem. They either have to keep using their own rule set or go and make all the changes again in the srd version of the ruleset.

I think Geds post is talking about how things would work in the future (version 1.05).

Errr... I just went back and read Geds post again. He does have some stuff in there.

I think you want to install the new ruleset and then open up \rulesets\[ruleset_name]\campaign.xml and find the spot what says <ruleset name ="d20"/> and change it to the new ruleset name.

I'd make a copy of the fantasy grounds direcory before you started to mess with this. Then worse case you can alwasy 'revert' to it if things get totaly messed up.

Hope that helped. :)

rv

Thore_Ironrock
August 5th, 2005, 22:24
Ok, thanks Rich-So is there a way to add it to an existing campaign? Like put it in the house rules section or something? I saw Ged's post-but it mostly confused me. :) i.e. is the data compatible with this ruleset or not? If not, what will that do to my campaign?

Thanks for the pimp Rich!

Some of these questions were also answered previously in this thread, and there is a README file with the ruleset that gives you additional instructions Neo. Take the time to read through everything and you shouldn't have any problem. If you do let me know.

Thanks!

Wavestone
August 8th, 2005, 12:48
Hi.. I havent bought the ruleset, but it sure looks tempting..

I have a question though.. the previewed material shows the reference sections, you can look up everything in the SRD.. lots of goodies for the DM.

But I wonder about the character sheets, have they been changed to allow for some of the expanded options? (psionics in particular, but even epic could come up..)

I have a psionic character in a campaign here, and I'd sure like something like.. the hitpoint/wounds box, for power points - making it easier to keep track. A check box to show if psionic focus is active.. These are just two ideas that would be nice in a ruleset that includes psionics.

Or maybe this could be a good idea for a product from you? An expanded character sheet.. or is this best done by posting this on the Workshop forum, and hope that someone makes a good custom sheet?

Well, that is just a few words from me.. I think it is great that someone tries to make products for FG, keep going Thore & co! :)

BnaaUK
August 8th, 2005, 17:54
Does anyone else get the socerer entry as being blank?

I also can't click on the races info... Has anyone else experienced this?

Ravenmantle
August 8th, 2005, 18:02
I just realized I have the same problem. The sorcerer entry is blank, and nothing happens when I click on individual races.

Ravenmantle

Thore_Ironrock
August 8th, 2005, 23:20

It looks like we have a problem with the links in those two areas. I just got home and was able to test it, and it appears B'naa is correct -- thanks for the catch! Thing is it is linked properly in our test model, so something must have changed right before release.

I have a call into Ben, and we'll get a fix for this ASAP. RPGNow can give me a report of everyone who has purchased the ruleset, and I'll make sure everyone gets a fix for this issue ASAP.

Again .. .thanks for the catch, and we'll get this taken care of in record time .... as soon as Ben calls me back. ;)

Stay tuned.

BnaaUK
August 8th, 2005, 23:23

It looks like we have a problem with the links in those two areas. I just got home and was able to test it, and it appears B'naa is correct -- thanks for the catch! Thing is it is linked properly in our test model, so something must have changed right before release.

I have a call into Ben, and we'll get a fix for this ASAP. RPGNow can give me a report of everyone who has purchased the ruleset, and I'll make sure everyone gets a fix for this issue ASAP.

Again .. .thanks for the catch, and we'll get this taken care of in record time .... as soon as Ben calls me back. ;)

Stay tuned.

I've looked into it further, and found out what the problems were, and have fixed them in my own copy. I also sent an email with how I solved the problem

richvalle
August 8th, 2005, 23:51
Hi.. I havent bought the ruleset, but it sure looks tempting..

I have a question though.. the previewed material shows the reference sections, you can look up everything in the SRD.. lots of goodies for the DM.

But I wonder about the character sheets, have they been changed to allow for some of the expanded options? (psionics in particular, but even epic could come up..)

I have a psionic character in a campaign here, and I'd sure like something like.. the hitpoint/wounds box, for power points - making it easier to keep track. A check box to show if psionic focus is active.. These are just two ideas that would be nice in a ruleset that includes psionics.

Or maybe this could be a good idea for a product from you? An expanded character sheet.. or is this best done by posting this on the Workshop forum, and hope that someone makes a good custom sheet?

Well, that is just a few words from me.. I think it is great that someone tries to make products for FG, keep going Thore & co! :)

I don't think this includes a character sheet. There was a nice one made and posted a while back but I don't think it had psionic stuff on it either. If you are curious you could dl and look at it, at least it would give you a place to start working on your own. It should be posted somehwhere here or at www.adventuresomedreams.com.

rv

Kitara
August 9th, 2005, 01:04
Really nice compilation, bought it a few days ago. Downloadtime for my players was also Acceptable but i have DSL with 384 upload or so.

But I encounter 3 Problems.

2 are mentioned above the Races links don't work and the Sorcererclass, but the big Problem ist, that *all* Spells (or al lot of the low level Spells) points on false descriptions. All my Players have the same problem. I tried an blank Installation of Fnatasygrounds version 1.03 and 1.04 to check if my installation is the Problem but the Problem was the same. The D20 Ruleset works fine.

Now i looked into the xml's and the Problem seems to be in the spelldesc.xml the nodenames do not match die descriptons. One excample (the first entry).

<node name="acid arrow">
<stringvalue name="name" value="Acid Arrow" />
<stringvalue name="school" value="Evocation" />
<stringvalue name="level" value="Darkness 3, Sorcerer/Wizard 3" />
<stringvalue name="components" value="V, S, M" />
<stringvalue name="castingtime" value="1 action" />
<stringvalue name="range" value="Close &#40;25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels&#41;" />
<stringvalue name="effect" value="A 20-ft. -radius emanation centered on a creature, object, or point in space" />
<stringvalue name="duration" value="1 round/level &#40;D&#41;" />
<stringvalue name="save" value="Will negates or none &#40;object&#41;" />
<stringvalue name="sr" value="Yes or no &#40;object&#41;" />
<formattedtext name="description">
<p>The caster creates an area of total darkness. The darkness is impenetrable to normal vision and darkvision, but the caster can see normally within the blacklit area. Creatures outside the spell's area, even the caster, cannot see through it.</p>
<p>The spell can be cast on a point in space, but the effect is stationary cast on a mobile object. A character can cast the spell on a creature, and the effect then radiates from the creature and moves as it moves. Unattended objects and points in space do not get saving throws or benefit from spell resistance.</p>
<p><i>Blacklight</i> counters or dispels any light spell of equal or lower level. The 3rd-level cleric spell <i>daylight</i> counters or dispels <i>blacklight</i>.</p>
<p/>
</formattedtext>
</node>

Thore_Ironrock
August 9th, 2005, 01:22
Now i looked into the xml's and the Problem seems to be in the spelldesc.xml the nodenames do not match die descriptons. One excample (the first entry).

Kitara ... I see the issue ... damn. Still trying to get a hold of Ben, but thanks to B'naa for a fix on the classes issue. I will post a link to the fixed file shortly.

Again ... we'll get this fixed ASAP. Thanks again to all who are finding our shortcomings.

Regards,

Thore_Ironrock
August 9th, 2005, 01:33
I've looked into it further, and found out what the problems were, and have fixed them in my own copy. I also sent an email with how I solved the problem

Thanks again to B'naa for his help. You can download the fix for this issue at:

https://www.digitaladventures.net/rpg/classes.zip

Unzip and replace this file with the one in the database directory of the ruleset called classes.xml.

We will get to work on the spell issue ASAP.

Thanks to all for your support.

Regards,

BnaaUK
August 9th, 2005, 02:05
Ouch, didn't notice the spells.

Can you give a list of the sources you've used to compile the spells?

Thore_Ironrock
August 9th, 2005, 02:20
Ouch, didn't notice the spells.

Can you give a list of the sources you've used to compile the spells?

Unfortunately, Ben compiled them using a top secret technique (which, while I came up with the idea, Ben designed it and I don't have a copy yet).

I hope to hear from him soon, and we'll get the issue corrected.

Thanks again Keith for you help.

Regards,

Thore_Ironrock
August 9th, 2005, 10:57
I light of some of the problems we're finding with the ruleset, I've temporarily disabled sales of the Complete SRD ruleset while we correct these issues. Unfortunately, another reason to disable the product is that Ben is in Seattle at the moment (as opposed to his home in Chicago), and the spells issue might be awhile in fixing.

Again ... thanks to everyone for these help in finding these issues. Digital Adventures is committed to putting out the best products we can, and promise to make restitution on these errors to all who purchased our product.

Thanks again for your support in this issue, and stay tuned for more updates.

Regards,

BnaaUK
August 9th, 2005, 12:39
Kevin asked me to let everyone know that some more fixes (psychic warrior and the Elocater PrC) have been added to the zip file he posted earlier

He also assured me that spells will be coming as soon as possible

Thore_Ironrock
August 12th, 2005, 02:22
I'd like to give everyone an update on our spell description issue -- we hope to have the code fixed by this weekend. Ben has told me that he knows how to fix the issue, he just has to get home to recompile the code and match everything up correctly. The goal is to have everything fixed prior to our leaving for Gen Con.

Once again, a whole hearty thanks to everyone who brought this to our atttention, and for those that helped with fixes. Perhaps we'll have to do a free download of some future adventure as a thank you to our valued customers.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Stay tuned ...

Novalith
August 12th, 2005, 04:09
I'd like to give everyone an update on our spell description issue -- we hope to have the code fixed by this weekend. Ben has told me that he knows how to fix the issue, he just has to get home to recompile the code and match everything up correctly. The goal is to have everything fixed prior to our leaving for Gen Con.

Once again, a whole hearty thanks to everyone who brought this to our atttention, and for those that helped with fixes. Perhaps we'll have to do a free download of some future adventure as a thank you to our valued customers.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Stay tuned ...

I think this has to be some kind of a record for a product fix. I must congratulate you a prompt response and for keeping us updated. I would also like to ask what the chances are of you doing a chracter sheet. I could really use one as the ones included are pretty terrible IMHO.

Thore_Ironrock
August 12th, 2005, 04:31
I think this has to be some kind of a record for a product fix. I must congratulate you a prompt response and for keeping us updated. I would also like to ask what the chances are of you doing a chracter sheet. I could really use one as the ones included are pretty terrible IMHO.

There is another record sheet out there, I just never had a chance to get it to work right. I thought it was an improvement over the default one. If you search through the forums you might find the link, unless someone can post it sooner.

As for doing a new one ... I'll have to talk to my code-elves.
:D

richvalle
August 12th, 2005, 04:46
Char sheet:

https://www.adventuresomedreams.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=3

Not sure how to install it though there might be directions in the .zip file.

rv

Zane_Marlowe
August 13th, 2005, 13:51
Well friends, I just got home from Washington State last night...and submitted a fixed spelldesc.xml to Kevin last night at 2am or so, so things should be set to rights shortly! Thanks for your patience, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards

Thore_Ironrock
August 13th, 2005, 15:06
Well friends, I just got home from Washington State last night...and submitted a fixed spelldesc.xml to Kevin last night at 2am or so, so things should be set to rights shortly! Thanks for your patience, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards

Thanks Ben!

OK ... here is what I have...

I've compiled three files. One for the classes fix:

One for the spell description fix:

https://www.digitaladventures.net/rpg/spelldesc.zip

And one for all three:

https://www.digitaladventures.net/rpg/SRD_fixes.zip

Just to be sure I've covered everyone who purchased THE COMPLETE SRD, I will be emailing out these links later today to the email addresses in my sales report. As for the product sales, I have uploaded and new file to RPGNow, and once they've told me it's in place I'll set the product to go live again.

Again, I can't thank everyone enough for their help in this matter. With Gen Con next week I'm a bit busy, but once I get back I'll have information on more adventures, rulesets, and hopefully more!

Best Regards,

richvalle
August 13th, 2005, 15:32
Thanks!

Have fun at GenCon!

rv

Thore_Ironrock
August 13th, 2005, 16:58
Thanks!

Have fun at GenCon!

rv

Thanks Rich! If anyone is going to Gen Con please look for me at the Studio 2 Publishing or Code Monkey Publishing booths. All offers to buy me a beer will be accepted. :D

Regards,

richvalle
August 13th, 2005, 21:04
LOL

I'd buy you one if I was going. I made GenCon for something like 13 or more years in a row... till it moved to Indy. At the end I was just making day trips up to Milwakee from Chicago on Sat and back again. Indy is just too far for doing that. :(

rv

Thore_Ironrock
August 13th, 2005, 23:00
I'd buy you one if I was going. I made GenCon for something like 13 or more years in a row... till it moved to Indy. At the end I was just making day trips up to Milwakee from Chicago on Sat and back again. Indy is just too far for doing that. :(

I've lived in the Milw area all my life. As much as I hate driving to Indy, I haven't missed a Gen Con in 23 years. You know you're a gamer when your yearly vacation is to Gen Con. 8)

Thore_Ironrock
August 14th, 2005, 20:06
The Complete SRD Ruleset is once again live for sale on RPGNow, fix applied. Thanks again to all who helped get us over the "hump".

Regards,

Novalith
August 14th, 2005, 21:53
Char sheet:

rv

There do not appear to be instructions. I guessed at it but must have guessed wrong since all it does it crash my client now...

So, those code-elves have anything promising to say?

Thore_Ironrock
August 14th, 2005, 22:09
Char sheet:

rv

There do not appear to be instructions. I guessed at it but must have guessed wrong since all it does it crash my client now...

Sorry ... no idea. If you backtrack the thread you can probably find the author and message them.

BnaaUK
August 14th, 2005, 22:38
Char sheet:

rv

I'm guessing that the base.xml is still pointing towards in the "lod_char_inet" which if you're like me you didn't create. The only thing I had to do to install this was to over right the default d20_graphics.xml file with the information regarding the character sheet, leaving the rest alone.

Don't forget to change the directory where the d20_graphics.xml file looks for the graphics (for the character sheet) or it will still be looking in the lod_char_inet directory.

greyyone
August 24th, 2005, 22:43
Hi
Just bought the digital adventures SRD. Looks great but I have encountered several problems. I installed the spell patch but I am still missing cleric domains. Ie I click on classes/cleric and click on a domain say Air. The box comes up empty. I did have an empty sorcerer spell but the patch fixed that. Also when I move common modifiers down to the shortcut bar and click on it. I get invalid shortcut -shortcut deleted. All the others seem to work fine.

Edit Hmmm I tried using the Common Modifiers to the shortcut on the regular d20 ruleset that came with FG and it also said invalid shortcut - shortcut deleted so I don't think that problem is on digital adv. side.

Thore_Ironrock
August 24th, 2005, 23:35
Hi
Just bought the digital adventures SRD. Looks great but I have encountered several problems. I installed the spell patch but I am still missing cleric domains. Ie I click on classes/cleric and click on a domain say Air. The box comes up empty. I did have an empty sorcerer spell but the patch fixed that. Also when I move common modifiers down to the shortcut bar and click on it. I get invalid shortcut -shortcut deleted. All the others seem to work fine.

Edit Hmmm I tried using the Common Modifiers to the shortcut on the regular d20 ruleset that came with FG and it also said invalid shortcut - shortcut deleted so I don't think that problem is on digital adv. side.

Hi greyyone,

It sounds like you don't have all the fixes. I have a separate thread just for fixes now. You can reference it here:

https://forums.fantasygrounds.com/forums/posting.php?mode=reply&t=910

I will have some other updates by the end of the week as well. Right now we're just trying to clean up some of the minor issues purchasers have found.

Thanks for buying the ruleset. We hope to have more for sale soon.

Regards,

greyyone
August 25th, 2005, 00:01
Ok will go ahead and post in that forum. Thanks for quick reply.