FG License: Standard, but happy to upgrade if there is sufficient interest
Game System: D&D 5E

Time Zone: EST
Day of week and time: Wednesdays 7PM EST - 10/11PM
If new game, planned start date: no sooner then 6/29/16
Planned Frequency: Weekly or Biweekly
Term: Committed to running until completetion

Text or Voice: Voice Preferred, Text for DM player interactions
Voice software used: Teamspeak (Fantasy Grounds Teamspeak Server)

Roleplay & Combat mix: 35/65 is the desired sweetspot
Number of Players in game & needed: 4-5 Players
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level, Anything out of the books, UA content on approval. Equipment standard but minimal (I know that makes no sense but see below)
Character restrictions: No Drow, other than that I'm pretty open

Details of your scenario: "Captured by the Drow!" You begin as prisoners in the Underdark, and the thrust of the campaign is escape. Using a substitute bond list, or you can make up your own. I like a good mix of RP and Combat, comedy and suspense. Ultimately this adventure is about survival and madness, which I find very interesting elements to explore. Full disclosure I've got a potty mouth, hope that's not an issue! :)

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2039

damned
June 13th, 2016, 03:34
Welcome gagsmith and Im sure you will get plenty of interest for your game!

Jerric
June 13th, 2016, 04:00
Sounds like an insane suicide mission to me. Can I go?

VayneBK201
June 13th, 2016, 04:11
Jerric seems to know where the fun is at. I would also like to volunteer as tribute.

gagsmith
June 13th, 2016, 04:42
Awesome guys! Got any character concepts?

And thanks damned!

Jerric
June 13th, 2016, 05:31
It's a little off the wall but in a situation as sticky as the one you describe; I was trying to imagine an Elf - Rogue with the Charlatan background.

djacob91
June 13th, 2016, 06:40
I would be interested in joining. I am willing to play to any role as needed and am looking for a good game for my Wednesday night slot.

I had a thought for a character that would be an eldritch knight fighter/war domain cleric. He is a mercenary that does odd jobs inbetween seasons with a larger mercenary group. While his 'normal' work is enough to pay the bills, he often picks his odd jobs as a way of earning favors and services from others. In this case he would have agreed to some bodyguard work for Fazakerley for a bit of coin and a few magic lessons. Guess those lessons will have to be learned on the fly.

Or I could try my pally/bladelock idea that I have been kicking around for a bit.

*edited for character idea*

Fazakerley
June 13th, 2016, 11:01
This looks great, I'd really like to join. I'd like to play a wizard if possible, for the challenge - no doubt his spell book has been taken away! Sounds like an excellent adventure. I have a paid account, so your standard is no problem.

Quick character idea - he's always been fascinated and revolted by the drow. He made them his research while he was studying (sage background) and once he had finished his studies he decided to go on his first field trip. Well, that didn't go so well. So here he is - captured by the drow.

If any other of the PCs want to use this background as well, maybe my wizard has hired them or persuaded them to come along on this fateful trip. then they can all blame him heartily in drow jail!

gagsmith
June 13th, 2016, 13:40
Great concept Fazakerley!

I've updated the calendar with a request for character concepts. I'll keeps submissions open until 6/15.

JerryRig
June 13th, 2016, 17:25
Demmit Gagsmith ...I'm being contacted by the underdark legal folks and their complaining about your reducing there available labor and sacrifice pool by running games like this. I may be forced to send my PC's from my evil underdark game out on a contract after these fleeing herd of vile underlings!! ;)

VayneBK201
June 13th, 2016, 19:06
I'm thinking Tiefling Warlock. Sil Veritas. Travelling to learn more about magic and has a fascination with drow as both are met with discrimination to a certain extent.

gagsmith
June 13th, 2016, 21:24
These are great concepts guys! Thanks for embracing the setting so well!

TheDux
June 14th, 2016, 00:32
I have a concept for a Dragonborn Bladelock/Barbarian I am very interested in giving a spin. I usually play friendly characters but I am interested in something a little darker. Someone who is skilled more in intimidation that diplomacy. the idea is that his clan was at war and was near losing and he and a number of other warriors preformed a ritual that imbued them with the powers of a hydra like fiend.

Spells would be things I could cast before raging or I could use if I fall out of rage. Like Mirror Image. No concentration. This is the spell that made the concept come to life for me. A charging dragonborn barbarian, moving long with a number of after images and you can't tell which is which is the real one. The way they move it almost looks as if he has 5 heads, like his hydra like patron. Ultimately I see him as a "nice guy-brute" who likes a pint in the tavern and proving his might, but the ritual has changed him and he struggles to maintain his good nature. Probably a CN alignment. Haven't fully fleshed it out.

thoringard
June 14th, 2016, 04:15
Awesome idea. Would love to join. I have always thought it would be fun to play a struggling half-elf sorcerer with Wild Magic. He tries really hard and sometimes just doesn't get it quite right.. You know... Cuz sometimes he just comically fails!

He seeks any opportunity to prove he's not a failure, both because of his half elven nature and because of his perfectionist try-hard attitude that sometimes gets him in way over his head. Which could explain how he ended up here...

Anywho. I also applied via the calendar. Look forward to the opportunity.

thoringard
June 14th, 2016, 04:39
Other idea for a character is a ranger. Think thrill-seeking, tomb raider, Indiana jones, treasure hunting, spelunking type. Ranger seems to fit the bill simply because they are a sort of jack of many trades. Always on the hunt for adventure and ancient treasures. Many times overstepping their bounds and doing what others view as crazy to achieve their goals, like swinging on that shady root across the dark cavern to reach that shiny idol glinting on the other side.

rob2e
June 14th, 2016, 07:57
OMG! I have desperately been looking for this particular game OotA. I hope you'll consider me. Things about me, I always show up, I have good humor, and I'm flexible to round out the party with any class that will help. If it's all the same and no particular needs are to be filled, I would play a Sorcerer...

I bring a fine potty mouth as well (if needed). I'm a former professional stand-up comedian.

PVT snuffy
June 14th, 2016, 19:33
I would be interested in playing this. I'm thinking about a Duergar barbarian if that's ok

Jerric
June 14th, 2016, 22:32
Should have a Paladin and a Cleric waiting on the sideline too incase the group needs more of a tank or healer role filled.

rob2e
June 14th, 2016, 23:16
I see there are 5 active players on the calendar. Can the rest of us assume we are out then?

gagsmith
June 14th, 2016, 23:18
Hey guys, thanks so much for all of your great concepts. I had originally intended to keep this open until tomorrow but I was overwhelmed with the amount of applicants so I've sent out the acceptances now. I'll keep all of the rest of you on the list and if we have any drop outs I'll get in contact.

gagsmith
June 14th, 2016, 23:33
I see there are 5 active players on the calendar. Can the rest of us assume we are out then?

Yes I'm sorry. I made the previous post after making the difficult call. As I said I'll keep everyone on in case we have some turn over.

gagsmith
June 14th, 2016, 23:57
We had a player drop out due to scheduling. Readjusted invites.

Syls
June 16th, 2016, 06:37
I'm interested so sending you a message.