PDA

View Full Version : Looking to join a mature group

kindred
July 27th, 2005, 10:46
Hello, I am looking to join a group of people for a game of D&D. any ruleset is fine with me, and any campeign is also fine.

I have read threw the entire 3.0 players handbook, so I have some knowledge but I have never actually played.

This is mainly because I cant find anyone in my area willing to play D&D.

So I downloaded fantasy grounds under the false idea that it had a search engine for games.

But back to the point.

anyone running a game out there that would be willing to take on a new player.

I am only available to play at 9pm or later, accept on Friday & Saturday wich im available from 4pm. Mainly because I have classes untill 3:30 pm Mon-Thurs, and Aikido class every day besides Friday & Saturday from 6:30-8:30pm, wich is very important to me and I never miss.

You can Email me at [email protected]

Send me a PM on these boards

or simply reply to this thread.

Thank you for your time and hope to hear from somone soon. :D

P.S.
I have a Mic and headset and am willing to use a voice chat system like ventrilo or Team speak. :wink:

kindred
July 27th, 2005, 12:44
I am in eastern standard time by the way.

kindred
July 28th, 2005, 09:15
Nobody??? :cry:

kindred
July 30th, 2005, 03:55
just guna give this a little bump.

heh

greyyone
July 31st, 2005, 02:30
Looking to join into a game also. I have the full version. Looking to mainly play since most of my books are in storage atm. I can usually play after 6 pst on weeknights and flexible on weekends.

Or if anyone near fort bragg, ca interested in a regular game that would be better.

kindred
July 31st, 2005, 03:32
so we got 2 people now.

6pst is the same as 9 eastern standard. so 2 players able to play at around the same time ;)

Belizan
July 31st, 2005, 07:58
I've been hoping to get into an FG based game as well. Was going to do Wisp's WFRP game, but he seems to have disappeared recently :/. Therein, if someone is looking for players... 8). Three players on this thread now.

Besides, poor Kindred seemed so lonely in his thread ;).

Griffith
July 31st, 2005, 14:06
I've never played D&D before, and I'm looking to get into the game. I just bought the 3.5 Player's Handbook. I can play at any of the times posted above.

greyyone
July 31st, 2005, 16:50
Three players is a good number for FG. Now we just have to hunt down the ever elusive GM. Quick someone put out some GM bait!

kindred
August 1st, 2005, 11:01
heh yea gms are hard to find

kindred
August 1st, 2005, 11:02
gm bait

hmmmmm

do gms like thousands opon thousands of rat tails ;)

dylanarena
August 3rd, 2005, 22:44
My friend and I are (like so many) looking for a game; from what I read above, you guys could all make Monday evening games, right? [That is, after 9pm EST/6pm PST...]

Anyway, if you all do end up playing on Monday evenings, we'd love to join in the fun. And if any DMs out there are just waiting for their chance to shine (on a Monday evening), there's a solid group of players here waiting for you!

greyyone
August 4th, 2005, 01:37
Well looks like no one is owning up to being a GM! I can start a campaign. I don't have my gm guide or monster manual here but I can prob. find the info. on the website. I will go ahead and start whipping up or finding a good campaign to run. Will post here later with some info. Would like to keep it to at 3-4 players max.

genjuro_zero
August 4th, 2005, 02:44
I would love to be involved with this group, if space permits. Hopefully some longterm adventuring can develop.

Oh, and check here (https://www.d20srd.org/index.htm) for DM or MM stuff. It's all open source stuff.

Griffith
August 4th, 2005, 04:04
Glad to see you're stepping up, greyyone! Please consider having me as a player in your campaign. I've never played D&D or any other pnp rp, but I'm a fast learner and I'm anxious to try it out.

Brother Adriac
August 4th, 2005, 15:18
If you end up having room, let me know. I would love to get in a game, and I am available Mon-Thur evenings.

Belizan
August 4th, 2005, 21:35
Wow, miss a day of checking the boards, and look what happens. Actually, I'm busy on Mondays :(. T-Th are fine, as are Sundays I *think* 8). Wednesday I may have a WFRP game but it's unclear whether it's really going to happen. The GM has missed two of four scheduled gatherings, so... prognosis bad :).

Alwyn7
August 4th, 2005, 22:17
Damn. Looks like my post of a few days ago was leapfrogged.

If anybody here is putting together a game on the East Coast, and still needs a player, let me know. I'm available any night except Mondays.

Alwyn7

greyyone
August 5th, 2005, 01:54
Ok looks like we have Kindred, dylanarena and friend, and griffith. As alts if someone can't make anymore would be genjuro_zero, brother adriac, and alwyn 7. I did this by order of posting.

I am planning the first session to be Monday, Aug. 15th. I would make next monday but have other plans. This gives me some extra time to get prepared also. As I figure out other details I will post further. Let me know how this looks so far as far as people go.

Campaign will probably take place in forgotten realms. Just using the players handbook 3.5 for classes at first level. Good aligned char's also please. Going to find a pre made adventure to start off with since I am still getting used to FG.

Also a good website is https://www.adventuresomedreams.com/. Going to try and get us a spot on his message boards for our campaign.

genjuro_zero
August 5th, 2005, 02:34
sounds good to me, keep us alts updated, will ya? :D

Griffith
August 5th, 2005, 03:59
August 15th works fine for me, I'm off to download FG

greyyone
August 5th, 2005, 05:00
Ok as a side note. You must have the registered version of FG, either lite or the full version. Demo won't work, just fyi.

Brother Adriac
August 5th, 2005, 15:45
Aye. It works for me. I'll be sure to stay tuned for any updates.

BA

Alwyn7
August 5th, 2005, 22:38
Nuts!

As I'd said, Monday nights are the only night that DON'T work for me; I have work commitments those evenings. However, I can do any other night of the week.

Should another group form (such as we "alternates" from this line of posts) that wants to run on another night of the week, please let me know. I'm game.

Alwyn7

Belizan
August 6th, 2005, 07:16
I guess Alwyn and I lose out :/. Ah well :(.

Alwyn7
August 6th, 2005, 14:39
Any chance you can DM, Belizan?

Novalith
August 7th, 2005, 00:35
I always seem to end up as DM for these things... I will have to fire up my Fantasy Grounds install and see if I can figure it out. Looking to play but will DM if I must. I own and have read every core D&D 3.5 rulebook and all the Forgotten Realms books. If I did do a campaign it would have to be Forgotten Realms. For the stragglers on this thread and any others who still do not have a DM, can you list the times you would be able to play? Also I would need someone to help me bug test the software so I can get the hang of using it.

-Novalith

Alwyn7
August 7th, 2005, 00:49
Novalith,

Except for Monday nights (as already mentioned), I'm good for pretty much any other night of the week, from 7 PM on (EST). And, I'd be willing to help you test out the software; I have the full version, and I'm curious myself as to how certain things would work.

Let me know.

Alwyn7

Brother Adriac
August 7th, 2005, 15:05
Well. I would be available all evening on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. I would also be willing to help you test out the software. I have never used it myself, either.

BA

Ram Tyr
August 7th, 2005, 22:22
I hope all is well.

I just responded to Novalith's response to another poster on another thread. Where I asked about going with the times in my signature. (Which are my best times, and allow for me to schedule longer sessions.) Then I saw his post here and figured I should, for completeness, also post here.

If it looks more like a weeknight session for everyone else, I could probably swing a weekly game on Tuesdays 7pm - 10pm, EDT, US.

Thanks everyone.
Ramza

msd
August 8th, 2005, 02:19
Also a good website is https://www.adventuresomedreams.com/. Going to try and get us a spot on his message boards for our campaign.

If you need/want space, give a shout. Everyone is always more than welcome!

dylanarena
August 8th, 2005, 17:40
Ok looks like we have Kindred, dylanarena and friend, and griffith. As alts if someone can't make anymore would be genjuro_zero, brother adriac, and alwyn 7. I did this by order of posting.

I am planning the first session to be Monday, Aug. 15th. I would make next monday but have other plans. This gives me some extra time to get prepared also. As I figure out other details I will post further. Let me know how this looks so far as far as people go.

Campaign will probably take place in forgotten realms. Just using the players handbook 3.5 for classes at first level. Good aligned char's also please. Going to find a pre made adventure to start off with since I am still getting used to FG.

Just confirming: dylanarena and friend (whose username for these purposes I don't yet know) are in. I've got plenty of 3.5 experience, and I'd be down to play any type of char to fill out the party. I know my friend would like to play a primary arcane caster, so I could be cleric-ish, roguish, or fighter-ish (or any variant thereof, e.g., druid, bard, paladin, etc.).

Kindred, Griffith, what types of chars would you like to play?

[EDIT:] Oh, and my buddy should be able to have a Teamspeak server up and running by the time we play, so that we can all talk in realtime instead of typing everything in a chat window (which is good for those of us who have RSI, or who can't type fast, or whatever).

kleinopl
August 8th, 2005, 18:15
I am dylanarena's friend. I am in for the August 15th game. I'll check out adventursome deams and post more there I suppose.

kindred
August 9th, 2005, 14:52
15th works for me as long as it is affter 9pm eastern standard time cuz i dont get home till then on monday nights

dylanarena
August 10th, 2005, 02:09
No worries, kindred: it'll almost certainly be after 9pm Eastern time.

Now, greyyone, how shall we generate ability scores? Rolling, point-buy, standard array, or some other way? I'm going to go ahead and assume a 28 point point-buy so I can adjust down to 25 or up to 30 if you want.

Also, kindred and Griffth, any preferences for character types? Since each of you is new to 3.5 D&D, it might make sense for at least one of you to be a fighter/barbarian/paladin/ranger type (i.e., full BAB, straightforward warrior). Casters tend to have more upkeep (keeping track of spells, components, etc.), and secondary fighters rely more on tactical fighting (e.g., a rogue wants to flank but avoid attacks of opportunity).

On the other hand, this will be a great way to learn just those kinds of intricacies, so if you're really pumped about playing a wizard/rogue going for Arcane Trickster, let us know!

greyyone
August 10th, 2005, 17:13
I sooo hate point buy. I usually do 4d6 dropping the lowest and rerolling ones but if you roll a one twice in a row on the same die and stat roll then you gotta keep it. Ie. You roll 4d6. You get a 6, 4, 3, 1. You can reroll that 1. If roll again and get a one you gotta keep it but doesn't matter on that dice roll since you stick with the 6,4,3 for a 13. But if you roll and get a 6 on the second attempt you would go with 6, 6, 4 for a 16. Though I am not there to watch you so if you show up with all 18's then I know something is up. :twisted: So you can do the point buy, 30 pts sounds good or you can take a chance and do 4d6.

If you all want to email me at [email protected] with your character ideas or even if you get a chance their char. sheet. I can email you all back with server settings and all that. Maybe set up a time later this weekend to test it out.

dylanarena
August 10th, 2005, 23:35
I'm down to roll; would anyone else like to join a session (of FG) to roll up our chars together, so we can all verify our numbers?

(I only ask because the last time I rolled 4d6 for a char I got sickly good numbers--luckily I was doing the rolling in front of my DM, but if I hadn't been no one would have believed the rolls.)

dylanarena
August 11th, 2005, 00:02
As an alternative, I just found an online dice roller that confirms rolls:

https://krisinchico.brinkster.net/rolldata.asp

And it's a good thing I did, too. I rolled 4d6 6 times, and then I rerolled the 1's I got in rolls 3 and 6. My totals were:

Roll 1: +2 +2 +3 +5 (drop lowest) -> 10
Roll 2: +4 +5 +3 +2 (drop lowest) -> 12
Roll 3: +6 +1 +4 +3 (drop lowest and reroll 1 to get 6 (Roll 7)) -> 16
Roll 4: +6 +5 +6 +2 (drop lowest) -> 17
Roll 5: +4 +3 +5 +6 (drop lowest) -> 15
Roll 6: +6 +1 +1 +6 (drop lowest and reroll 1's to get 3 and 6 (Roll 8)) -> 18
Roll 7 (reroll of 1 in Roll 3): 6
Roll 8 (reroll of 1's in Roll 6): 3 and 6

So my final scores were:
10, 12, 16, 17, 15, 18

These are pretty darned high scores; however, with the magic of online dice rollers I can confirm that they were 8 consecutive rolls from an automated site I found from the Wizards boards.

You can confirm all these rolls by looking up the username "dylanarena" on this site:

https://krisinchico.brinkster.net/rollsearch.asp

It'll show each roll, and you can also tell that I made all 8 of them in a row because the roll numbers are consecutive (from 160167 to 160174).

However, as I said, they seem really high, so greyyone, if you want to knock 'em down, or have me reroll online with you, or whatever, I'm down for that. Just let me know!

Cheers,
Dylan

kleinopl
August 11th, 2005, 02:20
geez man - those were some good rolls.

kleinopl
August 11th, 2005, 02:31
here are my rolls (username "kleinopl"):

12, 14, 16, 12, 11, 12

greyyone
August 11th, 2005, 02:45
Numbers look good. I will post a time later that I will have FG up with server info so people can do their char's or upload them and we can test server out.

genjuro_zero
August 11th, 2005, 05:17
can we get everyone who is playing to confirm so we know if some of the alts can jump in? also, should alts roll up too?

dylanarena
August 11th, 2005, 05:55
can we get everyone who is playing to confirm so we know if some of the alts can jump in? also, should alts roll up too?

That's a good point, genjuro_zero. Griffith, kindred, are you two still out there? Are you still down to play?

I'm under the assumption that kleinopl will make an arcane caster and I'll make a cleric; if either kindred or Griffith would like to play a cleric, though, I'll be either roguish or warriorish, whichever's not taken. (This is all based on the thought that the iconic four-char party has one arcane caster, one warrior, one healer, and one skill monkey.)

Oh, and greyyone, do you have any preference with regard to Forgotten Realms regions from which we might hail? What about Forgotten Realms subraces (e.g., gold dwarves, sun elves, etc.)?

greyyone
August 11th, 2005, 16:50
Alts can go ahead and roll and show up also. That way if someone doesn't show we will still have enough. We can even hammer out if we still want to meet on mondays are whichever works best. I am still looking at around 6 PST on Mond, Aug 15th. Using the forgotten realms book is fine so any char. race from there is good.

greyyone
August 11th, 2005, 19:37
The people at adventuresomedreams were so kind as to start a campaign thread for us. Please head over there as I will be posting stuff there from now.

https://www.adventuresomedreams.com/forums/index.php?