PDA

View Full Version : Stuck on an effect...

rob2e
June 12th, 2016, 00:00
For Shield of Missile Attraction (which resits all ranged attacks) I coded it this way...

Shield of Missile Attraction; RESIST: ranged

It does nothing. I assume it needs a number or something. In the effects wiki all RESIST examples show either a type or a number, but it's not clear how to code melee or ranged.

Zacchaeus
June 12th, 2016, 10:12
You can't resist an attack type - only a damage type. So RESIST: 3, fire, acid but not RESIST: 3, ranged.
You can't even set up something like RESIST: piercing, !melee unfortunately.

So all I can suggest is that you set up a RESIST: piercing and have the PC apply it just before taking damage from a ranged attack (Most ranged weapons are piercing I think; if not just add other damage types to the effect to cover them).

rob2e
June 12th, 2016, 11:59
Hmmm. That solution (for partial automation, having to apply it on each hit) seems disappointing. It would be the same effort to just manually adjust the damage on the DM side. What do you surmise the chances of this (RESIST: ranged) being incorporated into the program are in the future?

Zacchaeus
June 12th, 2016, 13:40
I have no idea on that one; but I don't think that would be terribly easy. The damage would need to be linked back to a source (melee, thrown, ranged) and I'm not sure that it is at the moment. The other thing that must be remembered is that the effort of coding such a thing against the (pretty limited) application might not be worth while. However, you should head on over to the wish list (https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/) and make your request known so that Moon Wizard at least becomes aware of it.

rob2e
June 12th, 2016, 14:32
will do