PDA

View Full Version : [FGDAZE JULY 25] Savage Battlestar: End Game!

ShotGun Jolly
June 11th, 2016, 21:58
This is my discussion thread. So lets discuss. :)

I will be using pregens only in this game. To get a feel for what to expect, check out my blog to see setting rules, and other cool things!

Jolly

BDaniel
June 12th, 2016, 00:34
Jolly,
I have checked out your Blog. Really cool, like I posted on the calendar, I am a huge fan of BSG. Watched it in the 80's and binged watched the new one numerous times on Netflix. I am very new to Savage Worlds (No experience but have purchased the rule set and SciFi Companion and will begin educating myself) and have some experience with FG. I am thinking a Viper or Raptor Jock for my character...unless you have something else in mind. What kind of voice communications will you be using? I also saw that you will run this on Twitch, I am not down for my mug going public, , additionally like a dummy when I singed up for FG I used my real name so an alias would need to be used in my names place for twitch, so if that is going to be an issue, I will have to pass. I hope we can work something out..like put a picture of Charlie Brown up for me or something.

SF
BDaniel

BOOT KNIFE
June 12th, 2016, 06:33
I'm pretty sure he is using team speak, so you won't have to worry about video as it's a voice only software. When you log into the game just make sure to use an alias if you want to hide your name. Browse some of the FG howto videos on youtube and you'll understand what I mean about the alias.

damned
June 12th, 2016, 06:48
Jolly,
I have checked out your Blog. Really cool, like I posted on the calendar, I am a huge fan of BSG. Watched it in the 80's and binged watched the new one numerous times on Netflix. I am very new to Savage Worlds (No experience but have purchased the rule set and SciFi Companion and will begin educating myself) and have some experience with FG. I am thinking a Viper or Raptor Jock for my character...unless you have something else in mind. What kind of voice communications will you be using? I also saw that you will run this on Twitch, I am not down for my mug going public, , additionally like a dummy when I singed up for FG I used my real name so an alias would need to be used in my names place for twitch, so if that is going to be an issue, I will have to pass. I hope we can work something out..like put a picture of Charlie Brown up for me or something.

SF
BDaniel

You can send an email to [email protected] and they can change your forum username if you ask real nice :)

ShotGun Jolly
June 12th, 2016, 10:05
Hi,

Yeah, no worries about even needing a cam, let alone people seeing our mugs. I'll only record the voices. And no worries about your name either while on Teamspeak. I get the players to change there names while in game to their character names. But If you do what Damned suggests, they should be able to change it.

BDaniel
June 12th, 2016, 14:42
Jolly and Damned,
Thank you both. I will make the necessary adjustments. Sorry for being a stick in the mud but I prefer to keep my private life, private. With that settled see you at FG Daze. I caught myself watching the BSG battle montage again this morning. I loved the show and I am looking forward to playing in the BSG universe.

SF
BDaniel

ShotGun Jolly
June 13th, 2016, 00:23
Jolly and Damned,
Thank you both. I will make the necessary adjustments. Sorry for being a stick in the mud but I prefer to keep my private life, private. With that settled see you at FG Daze. I caught myself watching the BSG battle montage again this morning. I loved the show and I am looking forward to playing in the BSG universe.

SF
BDaniel

No mud sticking here.. ;)

Mortar
June 14th, 2016, 01:07
Not to be a stick in the mud, but isn't FG Daze in June?

ShotGun Jolly
June 14th, 2016, 10:58
Not to be a stick in the mud, but isn't FG Daze in June?

HAHA.. Newfoundland Time zones are always ahead!.. Yes, June.. Thanks Mortar!

Mortar
June 14th, 2016, 14:20
We already gave you Newfies an extra half an hour...you don't need an extra month :p

ShotGun Jolly
June 18th, 2016, 10:26
Just to let everyone know, everything is still a go for Savage Battlestar. The times to start is 0230GMT early hours of the 26th, which is 0000 NST (my midnight), which is 2230 Eastern Time (Friday the 25th) (June!!! <-Mortar)

If everyone who is playing, send me pm with an Email address which I can use to contact you it would be great!

Thanks.

Fobok
June 21st, 2016, 04:11
Is there still room in this or are all the slots full?

damned
June 21st, 2016, 05:10
Its looking fullish but you can put your name down anyway: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2020

These games still have more room: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2037
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2048
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2050
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2056
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2027

Fobok
June 21st, 2016, 05:33
Thanks, I put my name in on the off chance there ends up being room. :) Unfortunately, I can't make the times of any of the other games. (Well, except for Fuhgeddaboudit, but that's the same time as Awaroth, which I'm already signed up for.)

ShotGun Jolly
June 21st, 2016, 18:45
Wow, I step away for a few days and boom.. game is full. Sorry Fobok. I can keep you on the books as an alternate if you would like.

Fobok
June 21st, 2016, 20:48
It's ok. I just took too long figuring out when I'd be done with my plans for Saturday. Thanks. :) Yes, please, keep my name as a potential alternate.

ShotGun Jolly
June 24th, 2016, 00:49
HI all,

For all of those who are playing, just a remember to send me an email address so I can contact you if anything goes amiss.

Daedalus
June 25th, 2016, 06:35
HI all,

For all of those who are playing, just a remember to send me an email address so I can contact you if anything goes amiss.

Are we going to get the actual time the game is being run. I see it was up and now it is gone

damned
June 25th, 2016, 06:55
Last posted info is/was:

FG-Daze - Savage Battlestar - End Game
Session Time: June 26th, 02:30 GMT (23:59 NST)
Durantion: 2-3 hours
Calendar Link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2020
Number of Players: 2-6
Short Description: Play BSG in the opening hours of the second Cylon War
Text/Voice: Voice/TeamSpeak - you must use a headset and mic.
Game System: Savage Worlds
Genre: Hard Sci Fi
Newbie Friendly: 100% all comers welcome
Pre-requisites: None. Come ready to have some fun.
Signup on the Calendar, (Link above)

damned
June 25th, 2016, 06:59
Game is on at the above time!

ShotGun Jolly
June 25th, 2016, 17:26

Sorry for the lateness!

Here are the cast and crew of Savage Battlestar: End Game!

ShotGun Jolly
June 25th, 2016, 19:34
Ok, so the server is up and running for the next while if anyone wanted to join and preload.

If you are a member, check the game calendar page to see the password..

Server name is warm thug good dice

BDaniel
June 26th, 2016, 15:07
Great time last night. Was my first time using the rule set and it was rather smooth. Thoroughly enjoyed playing in the BSG universe, Jolly many thanks for making it come alive. It started with launching out of the Cestus's tubes into a swarm of Cylon Raider's destroying the ship yards and now turning its attention on the Cestus. Our mission was to screen the Cestus, so the four Viper II's and a lone Raptor joined the fur-ball and sent many frackin toasters to the junk pile. Our Raptor vixen gets a message from some scientist on the station needing rescue, so we move to intercept blasting toasters all the way. We finally land on Scorpio station to find this scientist and get into a running gun fight in order to rescue her. We eventually found her but things were looking pretty grim as Centurions appeared around every corner and we were cut off from the hangar. Our band finally got an auxiliary hatch opened and fled back to the hangar. We jumped into our ships with the lady scientist and hit afterburners all the way back to the Cestus, just before she jumped. The End.

The strange thing was the lady scientist looks like number six to me. Many thanks to the cast Jetter, Sarah, Viper, Zed, Herc (my wingman), and last Billy "HillBilly" Willard (yours truly) and GMJolly, it was a magnificent time. Can HillBilly get a Benny now for his great story?

GunbunnyFuFu
June 28th, 2016, 04:35
I too had an awesome time with this. I've played quite a few Savage Worlds games, and have always enjoyed them. Thanks for the enjoyable time!

ShotGun Jolly
June 28th, 2016, 04:45
Thanks guys!

That makes me feel a lot better. With all the tech issues on my side I was getting pretty frustrated at the end of it. You know what they say, "best laid plans" and all! :P
The next day I pretty much flattened everything"Fantasy Grounds" on my PC, and re installed everything, and removed all the extensions and mods.. everything is working much better now.

But again, I am glad you guys had fun, and thanks for saying so.. Actually took me a few days before I had the courage to check out the forums! haha..

BDaniel
June 28th, 2016, 05:11
Jolly,
For me it was hell of a good time and your tech issues were not a factor at all. It was probably due to your quick reactions but it never interfered with the game flow. The only thing negative I would say is that it is OVER! I would really like to play some more Savage BattleStar. So if you run a one shot or campaign. Please send me a invite.

SF
BDaniel (aka hillBilly)