PDA

View Full Version : [LFG] EXPERIENCED player looking for a D&D group, CEST/GMT+2 (English)

morgalahan
June 11th, 2016, 19:09
FG License: Free, but willing to subscribe if I find a group.
Time Zone: CEST / GMT +2 (Generally on the European timezone)
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Any, and I mean any day. Evenings are good but any time on the weekend.
Term: Any, long-term preferred but I would enjoy just getting to play again.
Voice: I will meet the requirements of the group.

Game System Preferred: D&D 5th Ed, 4th ED, Pathfinder (I'd happily play 3.5/3 again if needed)
Game System Experience: D&D 4th/3.5/3 , World of Darkness, Exalted, Aberrant and miscellaneous other systems
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Brand spanking new

Character Type Preferred: Any, I prefer sorcerers and sneaks but I'm happy to 'fill a role' if needed
About me: I'm a role-player through and through. I enjoy the combat systems and will get into it, but I prefer if it's flexible to make the story more interesting. I become very invested in my characters and the story and I usually prefer if the other players take the game fairly seriously. I don't mind party banter at all, but the statement 'I wee on it...' makes my skin crawl. My view is that if a player is bored and doesn't want to be there, they should stop rather than ruin the experience for others. I've been playing for over 12 years now on and off. Role-playing in a good game with a good group is truly my favorite thing to do.

Hi all. I know it's preferable to rather go into the DM's threads, but I'm having a bit of trouble with the time zones. It honestly seems easier to just advertise that I want to join a group and list my timezone in the title of the post.

I shall have to see how the dice treat me. I just hope I don't roll a 1...

morgalahan
June 14th, 2016, 13:31
Seems like I rolled very low... do I get any modifiers?

JohnD
June 14th, 2016, 18:08
You'll be better off venturing into some DM recruiting threads. Players generally go to the DM not the other way around (not to say it doesn't happen but it's less frequent).

hydrol
June 14th, 2016, 18:38
Morgalahan,

I am also struggling with getting games that fit the GMT time zone; i am new to DnD and FG but really trying to find a group to get started and improve. If you manage to find a willing GM to do a 1 shot i would be the first player on the list to sign up!!

damned
June 15th, 2016, 00:56
Hi all. I know it's preferable to rather go into the DM's threads, but I'm having a bit of trouble with the time zones. It honestly seems easier to just advertise that I want to join a group and list my timezone in the title of the post.

I shall have to see how the dice treat me. I just hope I don't roll a 1...

Welcome morgalahan

Its not the dice thing its the other thing :)
Some of these games have already filled up but have a peek: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?32622-Some-Games-Looking-for-Players-June-13th

Also write down your availability in your time and then next to that convert it to EST, PST, UTC and AEST and keep that handy when checking the game threads - after a while you will know whats good and not good.

There is a one shot Dungeon World session in my signature that has room for one more, plus there are a couple of other sessions in there.

DM|Mag
June 15th, 2016, 01:12
I'm currently recruiting for a gestalt utilizing my classless hack Dwarf vs Undead dungeon crawl. You can give it a try during the 25th's FGDaze event if you want. It starts at 7 pm NY time though, due to the fact I am running another instance of it from 12-5 pm prior and can't run two games at the same time. You'd be welcome to show up and observe the earlier session that Saturday (12 pm NY time start, so 8 pm for you I think?). I'm new to FG and that would be my 2nd session I run ever in it, so fair warning there. The FG-Daze event is an application free for all scenario. From there if I get enough interest to fill a time slot, I'll run a campaign with it. That, folks get to vote on time slot, so if it's something a lot of folks nearer the GMT time zone want for a European game, I'm down with that. My 12-5 group has a guy from the phillipines, a guy living in Italy from south america, a guy from Germany, and several from the US like me for instance. We had to settle on that time to make it viable for all involved.

I'm also gearing up to design a 4th campaign, taking input elsewhere on myth-weavers. I'm not sure which direction that one is going, I've got 8 concepts lined up for folks to vote for and provide feedback, and the option to make it pbp or FG live at their choice. If it turns into a live session campaign once I solidify my details, I'll post it here, but that could be a ways off. That one may turn out to be more role-play friendly than my stark, strategy based dungeon crawl mentioned above. There's chances to RP even in combat though if my players are all in for that. Dwarven trash talking and communication can be quite fun.

spoofer
June 15th, 2016, 13:38
I am about to post looking for player for Sat. evenings, GMT+9. This will be about 8 p.m. your time. I thought I might look around first, and I found your message. Message me if you are interested.

Kevin

morgalahan
June 15th, 2016, 14:31
Thanks everyone. I've made a few posts here and there, lets see how it all pans out. :)

I guess I got a few modifiers after all :)