PDA

View Full Version : MoreCoreRPG?

Draugr
June 10th, 2016, 20:40
Hi.

I just picked up FG about 2 or 3 weeks back. I'm working on a custom rule set using CoreRPG as a base. I heard about the MoreCore extensions and thought I heard that MoreCore was going to be released as a standalone rule set like CoreRPG is now.

My question is it true that MoreCore will be released as a stand alone rule set like the current CoreRPG and if so, will MoreCore be released anytime soon?

Thanks,
John

Moon Wizard
June 10th, 2016, 21:57
I thought I saw damned post something about converting to a ruleset layered on CoreRPG, but I don't think he gave a timeline.

Regards,
JPG

damned
June 10th, 2016, 23:15
Im hoping to get it out this weekend.
I was hoping to get it out last weekend too though!
Im just working on converting some LUA dice strings to a consistent format... I suck at LUA.

Draugr
June 10th, 2016, 23:48
Im hoping to get it out this weekend.
I was hoping to get it out last weekend too though!
Im just working on converting some LUA dice strings to a consistent format... I suck at LUA.

Will it be possible to roll 1d3 and 1d2 dice?

damned
June 10th, 2016, 23:54
So it wont roll an actual 3d d3 and d2 - it graphically rolls the Fate Dice but will roll these for example:

/die 3d2+2
/die 6d3+1d4

And report to chat and display the sum as per the standard dice.
There is no d2 or d3 on the table but you can save these rolls into the Char Sheet

Draugr
June 14th, 2016, 20:28
damned,

I just wanted to ask if you managed to release MoreCore this past weekend as you hoped? If not no problem, I just wanted to make sure before I started working on another ruleset with CoreRPG. If MoreCore is out then I'd rather use that template/rule set

damned
June 15th, 2016, 00:31
I am still working on getting the messages right for the exploding dice, drop lowest etc. It will be another couple of days. apologies.

damned
January 16th, 2017, 11:29
Hi Draugr not sure if you noticed but MoreCore ruleset has been out for a while now and is regularly updated :)
Was browsing older posts looking for something else...

dragonheels
January 27th, 2017, 11:56
Hello Damned,
In he MoreCore rules set when I try
/successes 3d6x3
All is ok. I get the righ number of sucesses. But with a modfier, eg +1, it won't take the modifier in account and keep throwing 3 dices.
On the contrary it works with the rollunder command.
Is ist wanted so, or did i miss sth ?
Thank you

damned
January 27th, 2017, 12:47
Hello Damned,
In he MoreCore rules set when I try
/successes 3d6x3
All is ok. I get the righ number of sucesses. But with a modfier, eg +1, it won't take the modifier in account and keep throwing 3 dices.
On the contrary it works with the rollunder command.
Is ist wanted so, or did i miss sth ?
Thank you

Thats correct.
/successes was not written to take modifiers

dragonheels
January 27th, 2017, 12:53
OK. Thanks Damned ! I'll put the increased dice # directly in the individuals character sheets.
BTW this MoreCore ist great !

damned
January 27th, 2017, 12:55
OK. Thanks Damned ! I'll put the increased dice # directly in the individuals character sheets.
BTW this MoreCore ist great !

What are you using it for and do you need modifiers?
And if you do, should modifiers add to the total of the dice, to the total successes count or to the total dice rolled?
It turns out every bloody game has to do something different from every other one!

If you explain what you need Im sure it can be added.
Or better - you can add to it and share back :)

dragonheels
January 27th, 2017, 13:21
Well, actually it's for a game called 'Aventuriers du monde intérieur', a French one i think. Just discoverd it and I like it much.
On the character sheet you have different characteristcs. For each one, you have the number of dices to be thrown. A success is a die having 4, 5 or 6.
By default each characteristics need 3 dices, but when building the character you can add dices to that according to options you choose.
So player A would need to throw 3 dices, when player B would have the right to throw 4 of them for the same characteristic/attribute.
In that case, the modifier is linked to the player, so I could add this directly in the formula in the individual character sheets and it would work most of the time.
But modifier are present in the game though. Eg if you're tired, you can have to throw 2 dices instead of 3, and counting the successes as usual.
Is it understandable ? My English being as it is, I sometimes doubt... :)

dragonheels
January 27th, 2017, 13:38
Damned, I really have to apologize !!!!!
I didn't see the /rollover !!!! It's exactly what I needed. :)
Sorry for the inconvenience !!!!

damned
January 27th, 2017, 13:53
;)
yep Strength /rollover 3d6x4 would be your standard roll (example) and you can setup a Tired /mod -1 and if you click Tired and then Strength it would roll 2d6 instead of 3.

dragonheels
January 27th, 2017, 13:56
Exactly, that's great !
U're awsome guys ! Big thanks