PDA

View Full Version : Anyone that can set up a test server please?

computertrucker
June 10th, 2016, 15:35
I am trying to test to see if i can connect to a game hosted by someone else? Is there anyone around that could possibly set up a game server so i can test my connection? any help would be awesome...PM me or respond here..thanks..

I am currently in fantasy grounds team speak channel. name is computertrucker there if you want to contact me also

sasigns
June 10th, 2016, 16:58
is this still needed?

callahan09
June 10th, 2016, 16:59
Running a test for you now, I sent you a PM with details to join. I'll keep it up for a while, but hopefully you see this soon.

Nylanfs
June 10th, 2016, 17:16
Note: When connecting to another person's game, unless they are using Himachi you don't run it. When you are connecting to another person's campaign it isn't any different than calling up a webpage really, there isn't any special permissions required other than allowing FG through your firewall.

callahan09
June 10th, 2016, 20:39
Sorry, gotta shut it down. Maybe someone else will be able to help you in the future if you need it.

computertrucker
June 10th, 2016, 22:56
Hey thank you all for the assistance. Andraxx contacted me in the FF TS and set one up for me then I had to get back to trucking

But got it going!! Woohoo. Thanks again all!!!

Sorry didn't post a bit sooner been dealing with work.

computertrucker
June 10th, 2016, 23:01
And it was a Verizon issue. They had me change port filtering to on on my mifi jet pack. It needed to be off

damned
June 10th, 2016, 23:03
Note: When connecting to another person's game, unless they are using Himachi you don't run it. When you are connecting to another person's campaign it isn't any different than calling up a webpage really, there isn't any special permissions required other than allowing FG through your firewall.

This is true on a residential network but very often not the case from a work network.

ffujita
June 15th, 2016, 20:14
In the same way that it's good for the game to keep a Teamspeak server up, it'd probably be good for the game to keep a server up at all times, maybe with the alias "fantasy grounds awesome game" and a different ruleset open each week. That way everyone could test their client connections, and people might get exposed to a different game than the one they're already committed to.

LordEntrails
June 15th, 2016, 22:00
In the same way that it's good for the game to keep a Teamspeak server up, it'd probably be good for the game to keep a server up at all times, maybe with the alias "fantasy grounds awesome game" and a different ruleset open each week. That way everyone could test their client connections, and people might get exposed to a different game than the one they're already committed to.
I've tried a couple of times today to post this idea on Moon's wish list, but haven't been able to get Idea Informer to behave. Probably need to reboot my system, but can't do that yet.

computertrucker
June 16th, 2016, 13:36
Great idea