PDA

View Full Version : A question about masking

Tambryn Fenwise
July 25th, 2005, 08:21
I am happy to say that my friends and I will soon be purchasing your wonderful product. I am toying with the Demo at the moment, and have a question.

Can I remask an area after the players leave it. I am thinking that this option would work great for a maze that my group may end up exploring. If I could do this, it would be really easy for the characters to get genuinely lost.

thanks
tam

richvalle
July 25th, 2005, 16:04
I'd have to play with it a bit... I think you can totaly mask the map and then remove a new area. Not sure if you would end up totaly unmasking the map during that process though.

rv

gurney9999
July 25th, 2005, 16:44
Yes you can remask an image after the players leave it. You would probably want to unshare the map first if you are doing it during a play session.

richvalle
July 25th, 2005, 16:52
But he wants to remask it while the players are still on it. So the players make their way though the maze and he unmaskes as they move, then remaskes in behind them and unmaskes more map in front of them.

rv

gurney9999
July 25th, 2005, 16:55
sorry... it would be a multi-step process... mask, share, move, unmask, unshare, mask all, unmask new, share, etc.

Toadwart
August 8th, 2005, 03:27
That one would be one my wishlist too :wink:
Or an even simpler solution: have a "re-mask all" option so you can quickly hide the entire map then start un-masking areas again.
At the moment you have to reveal the entre map before you can re-mask it which necessetates unsharing it so the players don't catch a glimpse of the doom that is fast approaching... :twisted:

richvalle
August 8th, 2005, 15:02
I'd like to see this as well.

rv

Snikle
August 20th, 2005, 10:51
What about some sort of floating mask that the DM could move? Instead of a static anti-fog-of-war thing, he could snag it and move it across the map, simulating the characters moving across the map.

Crusader
August 20th, 2005, 19:17
Yeah, that would be way cool. The only problem is that Fantasy Grounds have no concept of walls, so that would from time to time expose what's on the other side of a wall unless that could be solved.

Snikle
August 20th, 2005, 20:22
Ah good point, didnt think of that, and please do not change the way of uploading maps from whatever to some sort of CC2 thing or the other Dxxxxx mapping thing, I love creating my own maps and that is one of the things that really attracted me to this software, I can simply load in the maps I already have on my website to the software and I am ready to go!

Dupre
August 20th, 2005, 21:46
There are no plans to change how maps are loaded.

Thanks for the fog of war improvement ideas.