PDA

View Full Version : LFP: Crow's Rest Island for Beginners, 5e, One-Shot

doseyclwn
June 9th, 2016, 05:06
I'm not new to D&D (been playing since 1982), but I'm pretty new to Fantasy Grounds. I'm looking to learn the system, and preference will be given to players doing the same. I will have pregen characters that you can choose from when the game starts. I will be running this on Sunday, June 12th at 9pm est. If you cannot be there at that time, please don't sign up. Should take about 2 or 3 hours. When you sign up, please leave a little bit there about your experience with D&D and Fantasy Grounds. If you do not do that, I may not choose you for the game. I look forward to seeing everyone there.

FG License: Ultimate (anyone can join the game, even demo users)
Game System: DnD 5e

Day of week and time: Sunday 6/12/16 at 9pm Est (East Coast)
Characters: Pregens available

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: TeamSpeak

Roleplay & Combat mix: Depends on the party, but it's a one shot so we'll say 50/50
Max number of players: 4
Planned Game Duration: 2-3 hours (until the module ends)
Gameplay: Just looking for a good time. Am not interested in rules lawyering. I think we can all have a good time. Hope to see you there.

DM's Request: Again, please don't sign up if you don't plan to show up. Look forward to seeing you all there.

Link to apply for game: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2032

BDaniel
June 9th, 2016, 16:34
Doseyxlwn,
For character generation. What are your rules? Level, Ability scores (rolled, points buy, standard), any class, race restriction (ie PHB and SCAG), Equipment restrictions?. Alingnment restrictions,

About me. Relatively new to FG and D&D 5E been playing just over a month. In 3 campaigns at this time and have played 5 one shots. Previous D&D experince was over 35 years ago 1E AD&D. I enjoy a 50/50 mix. Defintely not a rules Nazi but will come up with out of the box solutions to problems, to give us an advantage etc. So as the DM you will likely be making a few gut calls cause it may not be in the book. I am prompt and if something was to come up to where I couldnt attend you will here from me asap. I will just no NO SHOW. I think that is inconsiderate and rude to the DM and party. I play to have fun, not to argue about rules or disagreements , I understand your judgement is final. For the party I joke , a team player, and all about us all having a good time. I hope you can see to join me up. I will also apply on the calendar.

SF
BDaniel

doseyclwn
June 9th, 2016, 18:06
Doseyxlwn,
For character generation. What are your rules? Level, Ability scores (rolled, points buy, standard), any class, race restriction (ie PHB and SCAG), Equipment restrictions?. Alingnment restrictions,

About me. Relatively new to FG and D&D 5E been playing just over a month. In 3 campaigns at this time and have played 5 one shots. Previous D&D experince was over 35 years ago 1E AD&D. I enjoy a 50/50 mix. Defintely not a rules Nazi but will come up with out of the box solutions to problems, to give us an advantage etc. So as the DM you will likely be making a few gut calls cause it may not be in the book. I am prompt and if something was to come up to where I couldnt attend you will here from me asap. I will just no NO SHOW. I think that is inconsiderate and rude to the DM and party. I play to have fun, not to argue about rules or disagreements , I understand your judgement is final. For the party I joke , a team player, and all about us all having a good time. I hope you can see to join me up. I will also apply on the calendar.

SF
BDaniel

Cool. I approved you, and you don't need to post your history there 'cause you did it here.

Varsuuk
June 9th, 2016, 18:07
Just wanted to say that I read the description as well as the background of starting in '82 and returning recently.

Pretty close to my story, I bought books in '79 and started playing in '80 in HS.

I'm also EST and Sundays 9PM would be fine... Except not for a few weeks :( Game of Thrones, you see. Me and Missus watch it live each week :(

Will keep an eye out for another campaign.

doseyclwn
June 9th, 2016, 18:34
Right on. I watch it too, but that's what a DVR is for!!! I may be running something in the future, so I'll see you then!!!

doseyclwn
June 9th, 2016, 18:35
And characters for this are pre-gen since it's a quick one shot

Seya
June 9th, 2016, 19:55
Good luck that module is very fast. Easily done in three hours. Or with more RP two three hour playtimes. The flair is also very good.

BDaniel
June 10th, 2016, 00:05
Lol. Yeah after I said yes, I realized the GOT overlap and like you it is the one show we both watch. But I have already commited, so Ill dvr and hope the wife doesnt spoul it.

Inocente
June 10th, 2016, 00:05
Hello I have been playing D&D off and on since AD&D, I played 4th edition extensively and I am getting into 5th edition recently. I am new to fantasy grounds, I have not played a game yet and would like to join you for this one shot. I can play at the time you posted and have applied on the calendar link. I am in the pst time zone so I will be 3 hours behind so it's no problem for me.

Nickademus
June 10th, 2016, 01:33
Applied. I've been considering running this one, as, if I'm correct, it is the first of the Adventure-A-Week series. It would be great to get the opportunity to play it prior to starting to run it. :)

doseyclwn
June 10th, 2016, 03:31
OKay, I"m a dumbass. You guys want to make it 10:15/10:30 on Sunday so we can all watch GoT?

BDaniel
June 10th, 2016, 07:10
Please. That would rule. I would love to play 10:15 or 10:30.

Zulkee
June 11th, 2016, 02:10
Hello again brother, I would like to join you for this Sunday 1 shot.....I believe you still had a copy of my wizard from our last 1 shot.... So please add me to your grp if possible, thanks....cheers

Jerric
June 12th, 2016, 02:05
If you still have an open slot I would like to give it a go.

I played some 2nd edition back in the day. I have recently read up on 5e.

As far as experience in Fantasy Grounds, I have none. If you decide to extend me an invitation it would be my very first experience playing tabletop D&D online. Like you, I want to learn. I would greatly value this opportunity to do so.

And yes, I'm definitely for waiting until after GoT.

doseyclwn
June 12th, 2016, 06:49
I'll let you know. I may not know until the game starts, so watch your pm's.

Seya
June 12th, 2016, 23:25
https://adventureaweek.com/shop/fgcs1-rybalka/

Nice module that's on sale. You can edit the file so it will run on 5e

BDaniel
June 13th, 2016, 06:31
Doseyxlwn,
Thanks for a great oneshot. Thoroughly enjoyed the party and the adventure.

SF
BDaniel

damned
June 13th, 2016, 07:52
Doseyxlwn,
Thanks for a great oneshot. Thoroughly enjoyed the party and the adventure.

More importantly - how was GoT?
:)

BDaniel
June 13th, 2016, 11:58
GOT was absolutely awesome. So much this week happened. I will have to go back and watch it agian.

Jerric
June 14th, 2016, 00:00
GOT was absolutely awesome. So much this week happened. I will have to go back and watch it agian.

What BDaniel said ^

So much awesomeness happened I would love to share but I hate spoilers.