PDA

View Full Version : Connection failure despite setting up forwarding.

archonazriel
June 9th, 2016, 03:51
I am using win7 with just the default firewall and Avast! is my antivirus. As far as all my looking and researching indicates Avast! shouldn't be interfering with the ports. I have added rules to the windows firewall to allow port 1802 in the inbound section. I have also added the single port forwarding on the router, cisco/linksys EA4500, using the ip address 192.168.1.134, the internal one shown on both fantasy grounds on the router information. I have changed a bunch of different setting from the different protocols and ip addresses. When I use port checkers they all say that port 1802 is closed and one said it was stealth, not be able to figure out how to change to that. I have restarted my computer and the wireless router. I called the internet provider and they told me that their modem, which is rented, does not block ports.

Despite all of this, for the past several hours all I get is failed connection tests and none of my friends are able to join games that I host. This is rather aggravating as this defeats the purpose of me buying this software so me and my friends can game again.

Anyone have and thoughts, ideas, comments, etc. as to what might be done to remedy this situation?

Thank you very much in advanced.

damned
June 9th, 2016, 04:56
Just sent you a PM.