PDA

View Full Version : Rolemaster races from end of creatures and treasures

daboking
June 9th, 2016, 01:40
So I have a player wanting to do an unusual race, one of the races from the back of the C&T book from the RM2 book, rather than the RMC updated book. I did not see any guidelines for # of background options, and obviously some of these are too broken to consider for a new 1st level character due to no way to know how to level balance, so I wanted to reach out to the community to see what you would do with 1 caveat. I am not looking to disallow... I want to be flexible to my my players desires, because ultimately it is about making it a rewarding experience for them. Thanks for your advice in advance.

Dakadin
June 9th, 2016, 05:57
I would do a comparison to the normal races and get a general idea of how many background options I would provide for that race. If the race is really strong, I might give zero background points and possibly even add a flaw of some type so they don't overshadow the rest of the party. If everyone is playing a stronger race, then I wouldn't worry about it and would just give them each a couple background points.

daboking
June 9th, 2016, 13:49
Thanks so much. That makes sense. I was not thrilled with Hill Giant as an option, but I can balance it with no Background Options and a flaw. I can always incorporate something from RMFRP talents and flaws I find particularly tasty. Thanks for the advice.