PDA

View Full Version : Developement of new basic features

Willot
June 9th, 2016, 00:16
Been thinking.. (oh crap) after watching Doug's interview on the D&D event. People seemsed REALLY impressed by the Language feature.

I believe there should be a bit more time spent on the development of new more BASIC features. I feel ALOT could be added to FG just by tiding up and few things and making them better.

I feel alot of time is being put into the tabletop intergration which is gonna be WOW when its done...

But every now and again a Basic WOW needs to be added to FG. Better inventory managment for characters? Which drop down boxes for containers? The intergration of exhaustion (5E and a few others) into inventory.... Things like that...

The language feature was a big WOW for the audience how much work was it to put it into FG compare to Tabletop intergration?

Bang for buck?

PS I DONT want you to stop Unity (this is important for the future) Or Tabletop development!!!!! (Im hanging for this)

Love & kisses always Willot

Moon Wizard
June 9th, 2016, 20:42
It's a constant struggle making sure that we work on new features to keep the platform fresh, while also working on a complete rebuild. Doug and I made the decision not to put the current version on hold, while we worked on the Unity version, which has slowed down the development on that version drastically. But, that's one of the reasons we brought Carl on board to keep someone focused on that version.

In v3.2.0, we are migrating the campaign lists to be more global as well as adding the ability to specify manual die rolls, among other things. v3.2.0 is is currently beta testing in the Test channel, see the Laboratory forum.

Cheers,
JPG

Ken L
June 9th, 2016, 20:56
I would kill (literally for my baddies) for the ability to +5/-5 or +20/-20 to wounds rather than typing -20 in chat and dragging it there.

I think that's something that could be handled by extensions, though it feels like such a base feature.

Moon Wizard
June 9th, 2016, 22:36
You can use the mouse wheel with the CTRL key to quickly edit NPC hit points. At least, that's what I do in my games.

Cheers,
JPG

damned
June 10th, 2016, 03:51
Ken L I cant remember - I think you are using PF or 3.5? In 5e on the desktop are some buttons beside the Modifier box. They include +2/-2/+5/-5 and you can click one of these before rolling damage to adjust the damage roll immediately following. You could look up that code in the 5e to add +5/-5/+20/-20 buttons to your PF system via extension.

Trenloe
June 10th, 2016, 03:57
Put -5, +5, -20, +20 in hotkeys (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Hot_Keys)

Personally, I've never felt the need to have arbitrary numbers cluttering up the Interface. If there was a specific adjustment A campaign/RPG system needed I'd add it as a hotkey. But normally, I either use the mouse-wheel as suggested by MW, but mostly I'll just click on the HP box and quickly type what the new HP will be. Fast, simple.

Ken L
June 12th, 2016, 00:47
I guess I should clarify.

At high levels, the damages get strange.

For instance, if I need to apply 27 damage to 10 tokens from an area effect that I do not have automation prepared for:

1.) Scrolling 27 ticks is prone to error, and easy to lose track of.
2.) if the HPs vary such as 77,89,125,18,38,68,46,54,48,74; that requires me to flip gears to do some mental math rather than just applying a flat -+# to each field. This is assuming I take the onus to account for DR and resistances of each creature as I'm applying raw damage.

Either way, I think I've strayed from the main topic; I'll see if I can work this into my version of the PF ruleset.