PDA

View Full Version : Red Pin Issue

gecko4life
June 8th, 2016, 23:54
Hello all maybe someone can help me here. I was running the lost mines of P last night and when I loaded the first map using player or the other unlabeled one the red pins on the map the player could see. I tried to prevent the player from seeing it. My question is how do I stop the player from seeing the pins on the map when I share the map with him? Greatly appreciate any information that can be provided. I am assuming maybe this was a glitch?

Zacchaeus
June 9th, 2016, 00:04
Hi gecko and welcome to Fantasy Grounds and to the community. Players should not be able to see the pins on the map unless you share the pins. Even then they will appear green rather than red. The only thing I can think of is that you have somehow shared the entire module with the players. Check your library and make sure that there is no green tick next to Lost Mines. If there is then drag the Red Cross over it.

gecko4life
June 9th, 2016, 00:13
That was it. I shared the whole module with them. Thank you for the quick response. Really enjoying it so far

Nylanfs
June 9th, 2016, 00:15
Note, you may want to ask them to nuke their player cache to make sure they only see what you have meant to share with them.

rob2e
June 9th, 2016, 02:49
It's also possible to share one pin by accidentally clicking it while holding SHIFT or CTRL or something. Not sure which, but I've done it a few times. But as Zacchaeus said, it'll turn green so you'll know, you can click it again to reverse it. Careful on that. :)