PDA

View Full Version : Want to run some Saturday Afternoon EDT games

Black Hammer
June 8th, 2016, 23:29
I'm looking to start up some games on Saturday afternoons EDT. Looking at something in the 2-8ish range; not the whole six hours, but a four hour session starting somewhere in there depending on whether I get more European players, and thus an earlier start time, or more West Coast players who would prefer something a bit later.

I have an Ultimate License for FG, so demo version is fine. I use Teamspeak for VoIP.

Now, the games I'm mainly offering to run:

Mutant: Year Zero/Genlab Alpha. This Swedish post-apocalyptic RPG revolves around either a group of mutants looking to survive and perhaps discover their origins in the midst of a hostile wasteland (Year Zero), or a group of intelligent humanoid animals, the by-product of a genetics experiment, trying to escape a "paradise" that constantly claims their fellow tribe members for strange experiments (Genlab Alpha). It uses its own rules system, and has an unusual emphasis on the development of the Ark (mutant hometown) or the tribe over the individual character. Part of the player's job is to direct this development, choosing the missions for the players and NPCs alike to prepare and advance as they see fit. System is relatively light and easy to learn, with a fair emphasis on roleplay.

Achtung! Cthulhu: Savage Worlds. Far pulpier than your Call or Trail of Cthulhu game, Achtung! Cthulhu pits a group of soldiers and agents against a deadly mix of mythos and fascists during WW2. Savage Worlds is the famed "fast and fun" system, with enough combat mechanics to make characters unique without so many it feels like a wargame. That covers Savage Worlds; if you don't know about Cthulhu, Lovecraft, or the Mythos, now is your chance to learn. If you don't know about WW2, I'm not going to explain that in one line aside from "The war to end all wars didn't."

Deadlands: Savage Worlds, again. Weird West with a strong horror theme. Quickdraw your Colt. Play poker with demons to cast spells. Explain to a posse why you lynched the mayor, again. Savage Worlds is still the "fast and fun" system. Rules are light enough to mostly learn inside of 20 minutes, and the FG ruleset works pretty well. I'd further explain why Deadlands is amazing, but it's easier to just do a Google image search for "Deadlands."

Volrin
June 8th, 2016, 23:33
Hello,

I am very interested in doing any one of those games, they all sounds very fun and exciting in there own way.

Black Hammer
June 12th, 2016, 18:17
Looking specifically at running a Deadlands oneshot this coming Saturday.

NotRussellCrowe
June 13th, 2016, 02:13
Hi, Black Hammer.

Depending on the time you play I would be interested in a Deadlands one shot. I haven't done Deadlands or Savage Worlds before however. I'm in CST.

Thanks and happy gaming!

Kelly