PDA

View Full Version : [BUG] Minor Issues Noticed

wthrasherb
June 8th, 2016, 19:33
Hey folks! I am setting up a game and I have noticed 2 issues:

1) I'm using a dual monitor set up with extended displays. No matter which monitor I have FG open on, if I maximize the FG window it moves to which ever monitor I have set as the "Primary Display" in my display settings. I'm not sure what would cause this behavior. It is a non-issue for me because I just told my computer which display I want to be "primary" and my player version of FG doesn't need to be maximized, IF I even have it open any way. I just thought I should report the odd behavior.

2) I found a typo in the D&D 5E PHB module. In the Backgrounds, the Ideal Table for Folk Hero has two entries labeled with the number 3 and skips the number 4. No big deal, but if you roll on the table inside FG and get the result of a 4, it does not recognize the entry. A minor issue, but again, just thought I needed to report it.

Thanks for a great product! Keep up the good work!

Trenloe
June 8th, 2016, 19:37
1) This is a known limitation - don't maximize FG, but stretch it over the two monitors.

2) Please report in 5E bug thread here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27299-5E-Bug-Reports Thanks.

wthrasherb
June 8th, 2016, 20:02
1) This is a known limitation - don't maximize FG, but stretch it over the two monitors.

2) Please report in 5E bug thread here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27299-5E-Bug-Reports Thanks.

Thanks Trenloe!

As for the dual monitor issue, I'm not trying to "stretch" the interface across both monitors. I have mine set up with PLENTY of space on my 40' tv. What I was reporting was that regardless of which monitor FG is minimized on, if I then maximize the window it moves to the designated "primary monitor" per the display settings in Windows. I just upgraded to Windows 10 last night and I don't remember FG exhibiting this behavior on Windows 8.1. I could have FG minimized or maximized on monitor 1 or 2 without a problem. Again, it is a non-issue for me, but it might be for others.

I will go and report the 5E typo at the other link... Thanks again! :)

Trenloe
June 8th, 2016, 20:22
Ah, sorry. I thought you were trying to maximise across two monitors. Yeah, the Windows 10 primary monitor issue has been noticed before too. No work around has been found at this point (other than not maximising but resizing within the window, which loses some real-estate or changing the primary monitor).

Zacchaeus
June 8th, 2016, 20:26
Thanks Trenloe!

As for the dual monitor issue, I'm not trying to "stretch" the interface across both monitors. I have mine set up with PLENTY of space on my 40' tv. What I was reporting was that regardless of which monitor FG is minimized on, if I then maximize the window it moves to the designated "primary monitor" per the display settings in Windows. I just upgraded to Windows 10 last night and I don't remember FG exhibiting this behavior on Windows 8.1. I could have FG minimized or maximized on monitor 1 or 2 without a problem. Again, it is a non-issue for me, but it might be for others.

I, too use Windows 10 and can maximise FG in whichever display it is situated in when the maximise is pressed. Perhaps we have set up our displays differently.

damned
June 8th, 2016, 23:29
I think wthrasherb wants to have a maximised GM session on one screen and a maximised Player session on the other. This is one of those things that the older game engine just cant do...

Zacchaeus
June 9th, 2016, 00:09
I think wthrasherb wants to have a maximised GM session on one screen and a maximised Player session on the other. This is one of those things that the older game engine just cant do...

Interesting. I can have a maximised DM screen on one monitor and a maximised player screen on the other. Am I just weird or misunderstanding what the problem is here?

Andraax
June 9th, 2016, 00:28

I do that all the time... On Windows 10, even.

damned
June 9th, 2016, 00:32
hmmm - I can too.... just ignore my comment!

Andraax
June 9th, 2016, 01:31
Yeah, I just drag the window to the monitor I want it on, and "snap" it to the top, and it goes full screen on that monitor.