PDA

View Full Version : Preset up map question

sasigns
June 8th, 2016, 15:50
I am attempting to set up a map and encounter prior to game time. How do you get your tokens to stay after you close the map and re-open it?

What I am doing is:

Linking the map in the encounter
Adding the monsters into the combat tracker from the encounter
Dragging tokens from the combat tracker to map
Closing the map
Clearing the combat tracker.
Re-opening map
Everything is gone.

If you know how to do this I would be grateful for any assistance.

Manahtar
June 8th, 2016, 15:55
do it from the encounter window, drag and drop the tokens from there and a checkmark should appear instead

Trenloe
June 8th, 2016, 15:55
The tokens will be placed when you activate the encounter (click the arrow at the bottom of the encounter window) as long as you do pre-placement from the encounter window, not from the combat tracker.

See the "encounters" section in the Wiki user guide: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Encounters

There is a lot of base FG info in the Wiki user guide. Click the "Wiki" link at the top of this page and then the "User Guides" link.

Zacchaeus
June 8th, 2016, 16:05
I am attempting to set up a map and encounter prior to game time. How do you get your tokens to stay after you close the map and re-open it?

What I am doing is:

Linking the map in the encounter
Adding the monsters into the combat tracker from the encounter
Dragging tokens from the combat tracker to map
Closing the map
Clearing the combat tracker.
Re-opening map
Everything is gone.

If you know how to do this I would be grateful for any assistance.

When you clear the combat tracker it also removes any NPCs from any maps that those NPCs are on. As noted above however you can get them all back when you put the encounter back onto the CT.

DeadlySecret
June 8th, 2016, 17:35
Use the pins. Set up an "encounter" and pin it to the map. When the times come to do the encounter, add it to the combat tracker. If you want to clear the combat tracker but keep the tokens on map... you have to move the token from the chara sheet onto the map and you will have only a token, unlinked to the combat tracker (not targetable)