PDA

View Full Version : Caching issue

Topdecker
June 8th, 2016, 14:16
I opened my campaign and opened a custom module that I had just built. Campaign map v1 was there and looked fine and was correctly annotated with map notes / pins.

A few days later, I added to the custom module and when I opened campaign map v2, I was greeted with the notes/pins campaign map v1.

So, I had to go back and rebuild the module with a new name. And now it is working, but clearly there is some cached data that isn't getting updated.

Is there a way to manually clear the caches or something that I can do to get the data synchronized? I don't want to continue to rename the module for each build.

I will also mention that the campaign map remains the same between versions - it is failing to show the new map pins / notes that I am adding. So I am specifically needing to make it update the annotations to the image file. I understand that it might be initially updating the notes from the module and then intentionally preserving notes in order to allow the GM to save his own notes for the module - but when you are building and updating a module, this behaviour is troublesome and it would be nice to be able to reset/clear that cached data.

Thanks!

Tim

Trenloe
June 8th, 2016, 15:41
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?32005-My-(non)-understanding-of-how-upadtes-work&p=273328&viewfull=1#post273328