PDA

View Full Version : TIP

BRiM
July 20th, 2005, 15:41
Ok... I searched the forumns and haven't yet seen this tip so I thought I'd write it up. I don't know about the rest of the GM's out there, but one of the "coolest" features is the immersion you get by creating a degree of seperation from the GM and the NPCs. Having NPC's speak (and frequently) is one of the best things about this type of gaming. My biggest problem? Forgetting to click on a personality to speak as. So, I've come up with a solution.... it's the /id command.

If you type /id Thomas into your chat bar and hit enter, it will create a new personality for you to chat as named Thomas. Nothing new there. However, if Thomas already exists, instead of creating a new personality, it will switch to that personality for chat!!! So, I have a set of HotKeys set up for my most frequently used NPC's. Like in the Demo...

/id GM
/id Allen
/id Goblin Warrior
etc....

These allow me to very quickly change personalities by hitting an F key. Hope this little tip helps!

BRiM

Ilwan
July 20th, 2005, 17:32
is covered in the manual and also in the message boards here

BRiM
July 22nd, 2005, 19:07
is covered in the manual and also in the message boards here

Yes, I did see in the manual that the /id command is referenced for creating a new personality with which you may chat. However, it took me a while (and I guess I may be really slow) to realize that if I use the /id NAME and the name already existed, it would simple switch to that personality. Just thought I'd relay it for anyone else who might be a little slow as well.

BRiM

sunbeam60
July 22nd, 2005, 19:47
News to me. That's cool. cheers!