PDA

View Full Version : Error - GetProducts: Network: HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden

Treslik
June 8th, 2016, 12:17
I'm having a hard time installing Fantasy Grounds from my Steam purchase.

Steam installs the *installer* fine, and opens up to the updater fine also. It auto key'd my license and everything else was left as default. When I get to the updater *install* process i get the error ""Error - GetProducts: Network: HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden"" which goes on and on without end every 10 seconds as it retries to connect.

I have only found 1 thread in the forums that could somehow relate to this issue and in that thread the person suggested that if i had no access to the forums here or the www.fantasygrounds.com website, then i couldn't get the update/install to work. Clearly I have access to this forum and the fanstasygrounds website since I am writing this message right now.

I only have windows firewall installed with no other firewall programs. Fantasy grounds applications including the updater are all included in the firewall as allowed in and out access, including my router has port 1802 forwarded just in case I was going to run a campaign. Although I have read that that is not required for clients, which was what I was planning on doing.

I've only seen one other thread that could possibly suggest that your servers are being bombarded by download requests and thus I cannot download/connect right now (so far all day long today).

Please anyone please give me a little guidance if you can to help me get access to my new purchase. :o:D

oh. PS: I have tried the installer from the fantasy grounds website and it does the exact same thing. In addition I had the demo copy installed prior to buying the steam copy and it also could not run the updater and had the 403 forbidden error. BUT, the demo COULD connect to my friends computer that is running a standard copy, but it could not access his files. I thought it was strange that I could connect to his server at all, but discarded that thought since it was failing to download files, which I suspect is the limitation of the demo copy prior to me purchasing the real copy via Steam. I un-installed the demo just before my purchase and install of the Steam copy, as I didn't want any older copy conflicting with my new purchase. So far that didn't help.

damned
June 8th, 2016, 13:59
Hey Treslik!
Send an email to [email protected] with your external ip address (google "what is my ip address") as your network might be in a blacklist somewhere....

Treslik
June 8th, 2016, 15:03
Thank you for your response (damned). I have emailed the support team now with your suggestion. I had initially refrained from contacting the support team and hit up the forum as I saw that numerous people were advised to read the forums first.

Hopefully I can get some help. :)