PDA

View Full Version : 1st Edition AD&D Ruleset questions

Doval
July 12th, 2005, 05:37
I guess this could have been a private message, but I thought it may well be of general interest to the group.

Elric,

We recently played around with your ruleset for 1st edition and I have a few questions about why you did some things. In general I really like the ruleset, so please don't interpret these comments below as major problems, just questions.

On the character sheet, you have the experience point total as a string field, why? If it were numeric you could drag and drop experience point on it. The same is true of the coin totals on the Inventory subsheet.

Do you plan to add a minisheet to the ruleset in the future?

When using the combat tracker, you did not include a place for initiative. Also, the woulnds column did not pick up on the fact the a character was wounded going into battle, can this be fixed?

A nitpicky item, the fourth weapon slot is slightly out of alignment.

The Hitpoints and Wounds fields (on the combet subsheeet) are numeric, but the option to add (or subtract via ctrl) is missing.

I think these basically cover the items we saw.

Again, thanks for all the time you did put into the ruleset. They really are great.

Matt

Doval
July 13th, 2005, 04:51
I just reread my post, and I don't really like the tone of it. I'm sorry. What Elric did was a very good job. I do not want to give the impression that I do not appreciate the ruleset.

Matt