PDA

View Full Version : "Hotkeys" Setting, Questions

Ram Tyr
July 7th, 2005, 21:48
I apologize if this is not the correct forum, but the only other forum that even looks close is for technical problems. This isn't really a technical problem.

My questions are probably pretty straight forward.

:?: 1. Can I set my “hotkeys” while in local mode? If so, how?

(Hotkeys being at the bottom of the screenshots at: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/screenshots.html)

I haven’t seen a way to do it, but am hoping to set them before logging into the game.

:?: 2. Can anyone describe their “hotkey” setup so that I can have an example of what you’ve found to work?

Having not yet used Fantasy Grounds in a campaign, I am hopeful that a little guidance here might be useful.

If there are any resources that answer this question, please feel free to point me in their direction.

Thank you for your help with both, or either, of these questions.

richvalle
July 7th, 2005, 22:09
Hotkeys are character specific so you have to have the character up when you create them.

Ilwan has a keyboard layout here: https://forums.fantasygrounds.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=623&highlight=slot%2A

Though its from a dm's point of view.

rv

Ram Tyr
July 7th, 2005, 23:57
Thanks rv. I appreciate the help. I am going to take a closer look in a second.

If any players want to post from their Quickslots layout, I think that would be very helpful to us new folks.

One other thing. You say they are character specific and I need to have the character up when I create them. If my character is already on the DMs "server", can I open the "server" character and set the quickslots BEFORE I log into the DMs "server"? If I do that, will the quickslots work after I do log into the campaign?

Thanks again.

richvalle
July 8th, 2005, 01:21
I'm pretty sure there is anther thread with some keyboard layouts but I can't find it. I'll let you know if I do.

The server would have to be up and going in order for you to attach to it and see the server side character. But htere should be a copy on your side.

Hmm, I just tried it and it looks like setting up the keyboard shortcuts are not an options on the local side. :( Something to add to the list of requests.

Try asking the dm to start up the server side a while before the game is set to start and then you can attach and config it the way you like. Best I can come up with...

If you have the full version you might be able to connect to yourself and set up the keys. Not sure if they would transfer over when you logged in to the server though (you would have to pick the local character for it to even have a chance to work).

rv

Ram Tyr
July 9th, 2005, 12:18
rv,

Thanks very much for your responses. I do appreciate your taking some time to reply.

Also, thanks for confirming that you can't set the Quickslots in local mode. I was mildly concerned that perhaps something was wrong at my end b/c I assumed that most folks would try to do that. If they had, I thought that there would be posts about not being able to. lol.

When I logged into my first session, I began to throw things into the Quickslots (pretty randomly) just to get an idea for how they work. I liked being able to hit a button and then roll and have the result come up, with modifier and label. (Spot, pick lock, etc.) When I have had at this a few times I will probably be back with more questions that nobody thought was important enough to ask about!!! lol.

In any event, I am really hoping to have a good time with FG.