PDA

View Full Version : [LFP] Need 4-5 Players Weekly 3 PM MDT/UTC -6 D&D 5E "Curse of Strahd"

wthrasherb
June 8th, 2016, 00:08
FG License: Full/Standard; Players will need some sort of License.
Game System: Dungeons and Dragons 5th edition

Time Zone: Mountain Daylight Time (United States)/UTC -6
Day of week and time: Saturdays 3 PM MDT (4-5 hour sessions)
If new game, planned start date: would like to start Saturday, June 11th, around 3 PM MDT.
Planned Frequency: Weekly or bi-weekly at minimal
Term: mid to long term depending on the adventure and the cohesion of players

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Skype for now, but I'm open to suggestion. I've only ever used Skype.

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50, depending on the PCs
Number of Players in game & needed: need 4 players only, MAX of 5 players, not including me as the DM.
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level, equipment as listed for background and class.
Character restrictions: Player's Handbook only

Greetings fellow gamers! My name is Wade and this is my first post on the forums here. I'm just making the switch from Roll20 to FG, so this is going to be my first game using Fantasy Grounds. I seem to have a pretty good idea of how everything works so far, but I won't be perfect the first session. That being said, I'm looking for 4-5 PATIENT players that don't mind me fumbling around a little until I get the hang of FG. I'm a 23 year D&D vet and I know the 5th edition rules FAIRLY well (still got some cup to fill). You will need a license to play since I only have a Standard License for now (I'm saving up for the Ultimate upgrade).

If I can get enough interest I would like to start this weekend, Saturday June 11th. For the first session I plan for us to meet & greet, make characters (you don't need one ahead of time), and play a short home-brew intro to the adventure. The intro not only serves as the point of meeting for the PCs, but also as some Fantasy Grounds practice before we jump into the meat and potatoes of the adventure. New players to D&D are welcome! Players with a good working knowledge of the Fantasy Grounds interface (from GM and Player side of things) would be helpful, but not required... we can all learn together if need be! :)

That's all I got folks! I hope to hear from some of you soon!

computertrucker
June 8th, 2016, 00:54
I would love to sign up for this. My schedule sometimes on Saturday is is not always 100%. I mean I could be there but sometimes I might not be there exactly at 3 o'clock.

I actually just picked up the players handbook for fifth edition today. But I've been playing Dungeons and dragons since first edition.

deadlye
June 8th, 2016, 01:16
Sign me up. Would like to play a Warlock, Fey or Fiend. Possible multiclass if allowed. I'm new to FG but have been using it for about a month and gained basic enough knowledge not to slow things down. Also have long time xp. w/D&D since 2nd ed to current system both as PC and DM.

If I may suggest the use of FG's teamspeak server instead of skype as I've noticed an aversion to it from the community which may turn away some who would otherwise be interested. You can find information about it in the forums but it's pretty straight forward. Log in, set up a semi-permanent sub channel in the 5e Channel, name your room and give your players the info(you may set a password for the room also). The server address is "ts.fg-con.com" the password is "Dungeoneers" (CaSeSeNsITiVe). RE. FG, If you have not already make sure another client can connect to your server before you plan to start so you can work out potential connection issues. I can help test if needed(send me a PM I'm usually home Weekdays after 7pm EST) Hope that helps.

Regards,

computertrucker
June 8th, 2016, 01:23
I could also help test things out. If you would like to PM me I can either talk to you over Skype, or give you my number, I'm also not opposed to team speak. As for class I would love to play a Rogue

wogle
June 8th, 2016, 01:28
I'm interested in this; I'm also brand new to FG (and 5th edition, though I used to play 2nd/3rd edition a long time ago). Saturday afternoons are good for me.

I'd like to play a fighter.

Syls
June 8th, 2016, 02:17
I'm interested as well, would probably play as caster character so cleric, wizard, sorcerer etc. I have some experience playing both 3.5, pathfinder and 5e.

I'm 26 years old, I have a lot of free time right now and I consider myself fairly patient so I'm more than happy to wait for you if necessary.

SRUUZ
June 8th, 2016, 02:53
Hi,

If there's room for a 5th, I'd love to join as a monk.

vonBlack
June 8th, 2016, 04:45
Hello wthrasherb, I'm also interested,,,, let me know if a slot opens up. I would like to play a ranger or what ever group needs. Thanks

wthrasherb
June 8th, 2016, 05:35
Wow! What a great response already! I'm going to try "first come first serve" and see if I can get a good group on the first try.

I'm sure everyone reading this knows that groups fall apart and player slots open up fairly regularly. While I hope to get a group and stick with it, that's not always the reality. So I am about to start private messaging the first 4 people that responded, but until you see me post that all slots are full, don't think it is too late to join!

Thanks!

wthrasherb
June 8th, 2016, 06:23
Ok folks, the first round draft pick has taken place. I sent out private messages to the first 5 people that responded to the post. If I don't hear back from each of those people within 24 hours, then I will keep slots open. If you did not receive a private message from me so far, then you didn't make the first round pick ;)

Volrin
June 8th, 2016, 08:01
Hello,

I just got onto the this Cite last night but I have been playing FG for almost a year now with my friends but we cant always play because of work and such. How ever, I am very interested in joining someone else campaign and having new and fun adventures! I have Skype also so that's a plus right?