PDA

View Full Version : LFG for One Shot (Players and DM) avaiable 14th-16th

EL_IS
June 8th, 2016, 00:01
FG License: There are 2 of us and we both have Fantasy Grounds Standard Licenses. My friend also has the Monster Manual and The Players handbook.
Game System: 5th Edition
Time Zone: Eastern USA, (GMT -5)
Day of week and time: anywhere from June, Tuesday the 14th to Thursday the 16. Any time of day works for us, pretty much depends on the DM and additional players. Ideally 6+ hours.
Planned Frequency: One Shot Game

Text or Voice: Voice Chat Mandatory, we use steam mainly to communicate out of game.
Voice software used: We have a Team speak Server that can be used, it would be preferred but we can also use Skype or steam chat if needed.

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50 to 25/75 Heavy Combat,
Number of Players in game & needed: Have 2 players, need 2 or 3 more And a GM

Party Structure: I am willing to play any class to help with party cohesion. My friend is hoping to play a warlock and help with the killing.
FG experience: I have played a few modules in the past and have a basic knowledge myself. My friend is more experienced and has even been a DM before as well.
Character level: Level 10ish, willing to work with the DM here
Character restrictions: Preferably Players handbook, willing to work with the DM if they want to add anything, not too strict on this.

*Rated M for Mature* (Just a fair warning in case anyone can't handle a bit of foul language) (Just a fair warning in case anyone can't handle a bit of foul language)

We are willing to work around a bit to make things for convenient for other players (especially the DM)
If you have any questions feel free to message me.

Happy Gaming,

EL_IS
June 10th, 2016, 01:33
Bump

I have heard from a few players, however...

Pretty much seems like we just need a DM and we should be able to pull together a game.

damned
June 10th, 2016, 03:59
EL_IS you are an excellent organiser - I think you should give the GM role a whirl!

EL_IS
June 10th, 2016, 19:13
I've thought about it, but I'm still too new to the game.
I'm pretty much still on my first character (lvl 6 atm) every other game I tried to play fell apart either shortly before or after session zero.
If worse comes to worse I know a few other new players that are also tempted to learn how to GM, maybe I can convince my friend to do a GM teaching session or something instead, but it would depend what he says first.

I was hoping more GMs saw the one shot game as a good learning opportunity. Might just have to reschedule and see what the future holds.

Kiqjaq
June 10th, 2016, 20:02
GMs generally aren't waiting and looking for opportunities because they can make their own so easily, and on their own terms. There are just far more players than the few GMs can run games for.

If you want to play and can't supply a GM, then you usually just have to wait until a GM starts a recruitment thread on their own. This thread might work for ya, but I wouldn't count on it.