PDA

View Full Version : Harried in Hillsfar & Shackles of Blood - Sale?

callahan09
June 7th, 2016, 23:25
I was reading the product description pages for these two items just now, and it says "* For a limited time, this module is Free with a $1 donation to the Save the Children fund at checkout or with any other purchase." at the top of the store page for them both. I couldn't figure out how to take advantage of this deal, though?

Trenloe
June 7th, 2016, 23:28
Add them to your cart, start the order process and on the "Confirm Order" page there is a check box for "Yes I want to participate..." and add a $1 contribution to Save the Children to your order.

callahan09
June 7th, 2016, 23:37
Add them to your cart, start the order process and on the "Confirm Order" page there is a check box for "Yes I want to participate..." and add a $1 contribution to Save the Children to your order.

I tried this but it just added $1 to the total, rather than making it cost $1 total?

Trenloe
June 7th, 2016, 23:54
I tried this but it just added $1 to the total, rather than making it cost $1 total?
Yep, that's how it works. PayPal won't accept $0 orders, so there must be either a paid product in the order, or the $1 donation.

callahan09
June 8th, 2016, 01:26
Yep, that's how it works. PayPal won't accept $0 orders, so there must be either a paid product in the order, or the $1 donation.

I don't understand, though... the product description says that if you donate $1, you get the module for free. But when I add the module to the cart, it comes up as full price. I click the checkbox to donate to the charity, and it adds $1 to the total, then I click to proceed to paypal to pay for it, and it is asking me to pay for the full price of the module, plus the $1 charity donation. So how do I get the module for free if I'm donating to the charity??

Moon Wizard
June 8th, 2016, 01:36
Seems like there might be an issue with the store pricing or the free text is left over.

Send a quick note to [email protected] and Doug can look into it.

Regards,
JPG

damned
June 8th, 2016, 01:57
Its always done this for me too....