PDA

View Full Version : Vengeance of House Morcane (Pathfinder ruleset / Forgetten Realms Underdark campaign)

JerryRig
June 7th, 2016, 20:56
FG License: GM has Ultimate so players need only the free trial version to play.
Game System: Pathfinder (within the Dungeons & Dragons Forgotten Realms Underdark environment)

Time Zone: Central Time USA (UTC-6)
Day of week and time: Mornings (U.S. timezones) mon-fri 9:30am - 2pm (days to be decided by peoples schedules)
If new game, planned start date:
Planned Frequency: Weekly (or twice weekly if schedules permit)
Term: i.e. Long term - Campaign (will take you from level 1-20)

Text or Voice: Voice & In character/out-of-character text
Voice software used: Teamspeak (Fantasy Grounds Teamspeak Server)

Roleplay & Combat mix: 30/70 (dependent on player behaviors)
Number of Players in game & needed: 4-5 players
Character starting level & equipment: 1st Level semi-Gestalt characters
Character restrictions: Lycanthrope cursed Drow (were-driders) utilizing modified lycanthropy templates(see DM).

Details of your scenario: Have we finally found some solace from this blasted pursuit? The survivors look around and count their numbers, so very few made it through the onslaught that came with the half-fiend Kurgoth Hellspawn and his hordes. Then even fewer escaped the wicked assault of House Dhuurniv on the remnants of the remaining Lloth worshiping families, making it the the only surviving Drow family of Maerimydra. Then the cultist worshipers of Kairansalee tracked the families remnants down to Szith Morcane and destroyed all but those who stand before you now. If it were not for the curse received from your former matron mother Alisannara Morcane using the stolen spell from the Abberrationist Zhark'hul, you would not have had the tools to escape in the last moments before she fell to the cultists of Kairansalee.

You now stand able to count on one hand the survivors of house Morcane and each now before you, anger and revenge seething in every breath taken in. If any more remain of your house you know you must find them and avenge this ruthless genocide.

As you look at your fellow family members you are still in shock of the curse of Zhark'hul the Mad, your beautiful Drow forms twisted into a freak form of this Lycanthrope Curse. But to be mutated into Drider's, the outcasts of Drow society only made the curse even more bitter to see as the gift that had provided you the ability to flee certain destruction. Somehow you feel this curse has the touch of the Drider Vampire Jhorganni somehow.

These new abilities will prove advantageous, formidable and lucrative in reaping your revenge upon the many who have brought destruction down on House Morcane.

And so begins your new existence and solidified purpose. Survive, grow stronger, avenge your house and bring it once more to rule in the vast Underdark. Gather your remaining assets, comrades and family members and see what lay ahead …

And so begins my sandbox campaign: The Vengeance of House Morcane

Game calendar page: APPLY HERE (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1973)

Players interested in joining have to accept some pre-cursers to their character concepts I.e …

- a modified Lycanthrope curse template from that of default Pathfinder rules.
- gestalt type characters for greater survivability.
- evil characters bound by family and curse to work towards similar goals (pvp attacks wont be tolerated)

Power gamer's, Rules lawyers, etc ...don't apply. If you want to argue on rules or point someone else can do when they ask before the DM has made the call (or after it) don't apply. You will be asked to leave if you infringe on how a player “plays” their characters actions. I'm not saying you cant talk to each other like you would sitting at a table with each other (Out of Player communication) but allowing a person to play how they would play their characters encourages immersion in the game and some desire to role-play how there character would behave ...developing its own personality. Please be respectful if you or I don't feel our game style with the group wont meld cohesively. The game is about people getting together and unwinding from other stresses of our lives. If you feel like you cant operate in a 85-90% pathfinder/dungeons & dragons type rule environment. I intend adjust rules, monsters and characters “abilities” based on their concepts of play, an environment of promoting an challenging but even playing field, meta-game knowledge of monsters and races the players should have never encountered before (meaning if I feel a player has to much idea what the threat of a troll is they have never encountered and start using torches, oil and fire based spells they seldom use suddenly ...you may find the trolls regenerative properties change to a different element. That rust monster is being avoided like the plague by the typical raging charger of a barbarian and his meat cleaver rage attack ...the rust monster may suddenly gain a formidable range attack of some sort never before heard of.

This game will be friendly to newer players (little or no experience playing Pathfinder or Dungeons and Dragons) and those who love Underdark scenario’s similar to the world of Drizzt Du'Urden novels by R.A. Salvatore.

I consider the games I play in as OUR game ...I'm just the guy revealing the results of your actions and decisions and watching what you do next. I expect players to be distracted by "squirrel's" or shiny objects that come int other sights and off they go in a different direction and new focus. I do my best to adapt to your play and see where it takes us. Expect challenge's from your opponents, encounters and interactions ...your applying to have fun together as a group of adults.

Rogue
June 8th, 2016, 16:10
Jerry, I am interested in this, but have never tried to play in an evil campaign. I am willing to try though. You know I always got your back.

JerryRig
June 8th, 2016, 17:38
In an evil campaign ...I'm a little worried of you having my back :ninja:

Always a spot for you!!

joecrowley57
June 10th, 2016, 22:31
This is what i have so far

LordSerpentus
June 11th, 2016, 03:46
interested but have never played pathfinder before, i hear its similair to 3.5

JerryRig
June 11th, 2016, 05:47
It is. I call it 3.5 on steroid's ...so much more content and choices to make a characters fit what you imagine. You can give it a try and see if it fits your liking. You'll see how similar it is in the character generation, but with so much more content to choose from.

JerryRig
June 12th, 2016, 17:37
Currently we have the following players:

LordSerpentus
DarthSykus29
joecrowley57
Volrin
Rogue
Antlord

I see that each of you have found the calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1973), please look over the proposed times of the week I can run the game and vote YES if you can play on that date ....vote NO if it wont work at all for you. This way we can quickly narrow down days that will not work for folks. Majority of yes votes on a single day will be the day we go with (if all three are good we will talk about it and maybe even be able to use more then one day out of the week as schedules vary ...or sometimes play more often then once a week.

I'm frequently on Teamspeak under the Pathfinder room as JerryRig. Connection to the FG Teamspeak server info is HERE (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17071-Voicechat!-Community-TeamSpeak3-Server)

If anyone wants some practice time in to get a better handle on either Fantasy Grounds itself or Pathfinder feel free to drop by and I'll do my best to break away from anything I'm tinkering with to get you settled in. We do still need to generate characters for 2 of you. Currently we have

JoeCrowley Sorcerer/Bard
DarthSykus Wizard/Magus
Rogue Cleric/Monk

joecrowley57
June 12th, 2016, 21:50
My Sorcerer/bard is named Kira Longfang (yes he is a male) Kira translates to "killer" and longfang on account of his enourmous fangs (:

JerryRig
June 12th, 2016, 21:52
& there are a couple Dopplegangers that wont soon forget them fangs.

JerryRig
June 14th, 2016, 16:37
Last two people to join have not made any contact with me yet so if anyone else in some morning time adventure (morning in the U.S. anyhow) we have 2 spots ...whoever gets characters completed to me first will lock in the seats.

rogue's previous campaign character:

JerryRig
June 19th, 2016, 20:44
bump

JerryRig
June 27th, 2016, 19:04
First session starts tomorrow at 9:30am Central (UTC -6) with our remnants (thus far) of House Morcane:

Kirra Longfang, The unnaturally talented performer of arts and magic, both so easily come by but so craftily used in his survival to this day. His bloodline mixed deeply with that of the Morcane lineage he finds himself woven into the battle for this House's survival and the desires to show his mark in its history ...and this opportunity will not be missed!

Piprinn Morcane, youngest sister of Matron High Priestess Alisannara Morcane has now become the only member of the priesthood to make it here, her Lloth given powers still new to her but her study of the fighting arts have proven an edge against the enemies now in pursuit.

Filnar Morcane, Wizard bladecaster of House Morcane, gifted in learning of both the arts of manipulating the Weave and the ancient Elven blade dancing arts. His trickery in combat has been underestimated by those enemies that have thus far met blades with him.

Rasskar sik-Morcane, Minor noble of House Morcane seeking to grow his power in the dark arts and position himself and his house to once again become top of the chain of houses in the Deep Wastes by whatever he can manipulate, control or destroy to make it happen. He knows a price will be paid for his use of the dark powers but he will rise from the shadows he has been living in and become a power to be reckoned with.

In the vast caverns of the Deep Waste, this remaining band finds itself pursued from their last battle at Szith Morcane against the invading forces of Matron Mother Irea T'sarran, leader of House T'sarran and the overthrower of Maerimydra and now likely the relocated home of House Morcane, Szith Morcane itself. Will the ambitions of Irea and her undead forces be stopped by anything short of the destruction of House Morcane? Only the future can be forged by these last remnants and the chaotic blessings of the silent Goddess Lloth.

Jamihr
July 1st, 2016, 22:42
Hey Jerry, i was interested in joining your campaign, if its not too late. I've applied in the game calendar, but having never played a gestalt, or a weredrider (awesome idea btw), i would need a bit of information on character impact for char creation! Looking forward to hearing back from you, Jamihr.

Jerric
July 2nd, 2016, 01:09
Unfortunately for me, your games are always early in the day when I'm at work. Same time zone just different hours :(

JerryRig
July 4th, 2016, 14:38
I have my five players so at this current point our group has been filled. I appreciate the great feedback and i'll see what can be done to kill off this group and make room for the next one ...Mwuhahahha ok, just kidding ...not my style to decide fates of parties ...the doors are theirs to open not mine.

Again thank you all who applied and considered giving this game a whirl.

skalther
July 4th, 2016, 16:25
Hi i i'm new to fantacy grounds you mind giveing me a tell and maby help me build a charter. I have posted on your Game calendar and i'm willing to play what every you think we need

JerryRig
August 5th, 2016, 19:20
Openings have presented themselves and we would like to see if anyone would like to join our morning campaign. Please send me a PM or post on the calendar if your interested. You can also catch me most days on Fantasy Grounds Teamspeak server. All the methods are in my original post.

V/r ...
JerryRig

JerryRig
August 12th, 2016, 22:13
bump

Fatherdeath
August 19th, 2016, 01:03
think we still have room for a few more players...
Dont let the drow/drider thing scare you.. Jerryrig has it worked out and its not hard at all.. and alot of fun

JerryRig
August 21st, 2016, 14:13
Attached is the example format to build a character in Fantasy Grounds with the Drow traits from 3.5 and the Drider abilities.

JerryRig
August 23rd, 2016, 18:57
here is a copy of your current character.

Unbutu
August 30th, 2016, 16:43
It's all about making a fun gestalt character and having fun in encounters. Get that weird build you wanted to try for a while in here :). The 3 showing up every week are

-a Monk Zen Archer / Hunter, using his animal companion to activate teamwork feats.
-A ranger two weapon fighthing / fighter melee character
-a monk/cleric, our de-facto healer

Hierophantasm
August 31st, 2016, 22:01
Very interested in getting in on this if there is a spot still open. I applied on the link but left the character choice blank as I had a few questions if indeed there is a spot still open. Mornings are no problem for me. All about the evil campaigns!

JerryRig
September 3rd, 2016, 23:53
got room for a couple folks ....catch me on TS and lets build you a character.

Hierophantasm
September 6th, 2016, 17:57
Cs.

Unbutu
September 28th, 2016, 06:32
Oh mang, just one more player and we can go at it again. I really liked that monk archer I build. I wanna play him more !

StintedVisions
September 28th, 2016, 21:34
I'm down, but I'd have to leave by 1:30 central time. That cool?

Edit: looks like there's quite a few applicants in the calander. Let me know if I can get in on it.

Unbutu
September 29th, 2016, 07:45
I'm down, but I'd have to leave by 1:30 central time. That cool?

Edit: looks like there's quite a few applicants in the calander. Let me know if I can get in on it.

I'm a player so can't tell for sure, but I think it's just past players.

Jerry will probably tell you what he says to everybody,, wich is to meet him on the teamspeak. It can take a couple of tries to get him by luck, I suggest you send a message first.

JerryRig
October 3rd, 2016, 18:47
We got Stinted all rolled up and ready to put down some pain. :)

Fatherdeath
October 3rd, 2016, 20:44
Nice. Will see everyone tomarrow then

Unbutu
October 4th, 2016, 00:43
Yup I'll be there too.