PDA

View Full Version : Digital Adventures First July Release - Complete Minions!

Thore_Ironrock
July 3rd, 2005, 20:31
Digital Adventures is proud to present COMPLETE MINIONS, the best selling monster supplement from Bastion Press converted for use with the digital desktop software FANTASY GROUNDS. Within this accessory resides monsters that haunt the worst nightmares of heroes from across the land. From the crushing blows of the ebant to the deadly attacks of the ulatra, adventurers from any world have new challenges awaiting them. Each monster is written world-neutral, allowing easy placement into any campaign setting. Every monster contains a wealth of advice on how to best incorporate them into your world. Complete Minions is a v3.5 releases of Bastion Press' original release Minions: Rebirth.

WHAT'S INCLUDED?
- 104 v3.5 monsters

- One illustration for each of the 104 entries

- 91 tokens, one for each Small-sized or larger creature

- The XML file (monsters.xml) used to add Complete Minions to your Fantasy Grounds installation

- A ruleset (my_d20) pre-configured to use Complete Minions

- Instructions on how to integrate the new XML file into a Fantasy Grounds ruleset

This d20 accessory is used by permission from Bastion Press for use with the Fantasy Grounds software from SmiteWorks. You can buy Complete Minions for Fantasy Grounds on RPGNow for only $5.00 at:

https://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=5048

More information on COMPLETE MINIONS can be found on Bastion Press' website at: https://www.bastionpress.com/Products/minions.htm.

And for more information on upcoming Digital Adventures releases please visit our site at: https://www.digitaladventures.net/product.htm

... and even more exciting stuff coming your way in the next 30 days! Stay tuned!!

richvalle
July 5th, 2005, 14:56
Wow Thore... that sounds awsome! Very nice product.

rv

Thore_Ironrock
July 5th, 2005, 23:09
Wow Thore... that sounds awsome! Very nice product.
rv

Thanks Rich! As a teaser, here is a pic of my favorite creature from Complete Minions -- the Swamp Hellion!

https://www.digitaladventures.net/images/sh.jpg

Enjoy! :D

Elric
July 10th, 2005, 03:01
And the collection grows... :D

richvalle
August 3rd, 2005, 03:00
When I opened up the monsters.xml in Altova it found a small xml typo when it did a check:

<p>Xoleroth plane shift into the Material Plane, so they often appear in random places and frequently take those they encounter by surprise. They scout the area they appear in, searching for intelligent beings with high Strength scores. When a xoleroth decides on a target, it attacks ferociously, fighting to subdue. It also uses its tail to constrict opponents and its kiss to paralyze them. If the xoleroth is outnumbered heavily, it uses its hold and web spells to immobilize extra opponents. Once its chosen victim and all his defenders are subdued, the xoleroth paralyzes all of them with its kiss, gathers their bodies into a pile, and then opens a gate to its home. All those taken are enslaved within the xoleroth's hive. Those with Strength scores under 10 are not used for construction, but are kept in the prisons of the hive and tortured for the pleasures of the xoleroth and their queen.</P>

The ending 'P' should be a lower case 'p'. I don't think it hurts anything the way it is.

rv

Thore_Ironrock
August 3rd, 2005, 03:47
When I opened up the monsters.xml in Altova it found a small xml typo when it did a check:

The ending 'P' should be a lower case 'p'. I don't think it hurts anything the way it is.

rv

Hey Rich,

I don't think it matters in this case. As long as the monster opens we should be fine. Altova is a comprehensive XML editor, and in some cases case means something in XML. For this I don't think it does.

If the monster doesn't open properly let me know. :)

Thanks for the purchase sir!

kalmarjan
August 3rd, 2005, 12:31
It doesn't hurt the program, but you do have to be careful, if the ending tags do not match, sometimes FG's parser will strip out the information. That can be very frustrating... especially after converting 220 pages of adventure text. :)

The opening and closing tags should match, this is one of the number one rules in XML. Just FYI.

Cheers!