PDA

View Full Version : Incomplete FG Product Catalogue on Steam Store

Galach
June 7th, 2016, 16:36
I was unsure where to post this thread; the support forum seemed to be more focused on technical stuff, so I decided to create it here – sorry if I created it on the wrong place.

Well, I am constantly reviewing the available catalog of FG content on Steam, looking for nice things to buy. But while all 5th ed. material is present, for example, a lot of token packs are not (I am looking especially for more Devin Night token packs that are for sale on FG Store, but not on Steam Store).

I know that this absence can be related to an agreement with the author and/or by the sales contract with Steam, but since some of DN Tokens are there for sale, I thought it wouldn’t hurt to ask.

The main reason why I am seeking to buy things through Steam Store is that Steam have a sales office inside Brazilian territory. Because of this fact, I can buy all products through Steam on local currency.

In top of that, there is a trade customs tax applied to all international purchases, that is not applied to purchases through Steam because they have a national representation. It is a very abusive tax, equal to 60% of my total purchase (shipping included, when it is the case), so if I buy a US$ 10,00 product, I will need to pay an additional US$ 6,00 on taxes – this is what you get with a left-wing government.

Anyway, if it is possible to update the FG catalogue on Steam, it would be very nice :D

Trenloe
June 7th, 2016, 16:45
Recent comment on this here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?31969-Secrets-of-New-York-not-on-Steam&p=273240&viewfull=1#post273240

Galach
June 7th, 2016, 16:56
Hi, Trenloe!

Thanks for the update, I had missed that on my search about this topic.

Nylanfs
June 7th, 2016, 17:10
Yes, if you post the things you are wanting they would probably be given a higher priority. :)

Fudly
June 24th, 2016, 23:00
I'd like to see the ultimate edition on steam (only the ultimate upgrade is there right now).

If I buy the ultimate edition from fantasygrounds.com, does it give me a steam key?

Moon Wizard
June 24th, 2016, 23:20
To get the Ultimate license on Steam, you just buy the Standard license, and then the Ultimate Upgrade DLC. It's exactly the same result.

If you buy directly from our web site, the keys are sent over to Steam every 1-2 months for registration. We are limited in how often we can register new keys with them, because it's a manual process for Steam.

Regards,
JPG

Fudly
June 24th, 2016, 23:28
It's exactly the same result.

Fantasy Grounds costs $29.99
Ultimate Upgrade costs $86.24
Total = $116.23

Ultimate on site = $111.75

Difference = $4.48

I realize I'm being cheap, but I'm not paying to advertise to my friends on steam.

Moon Wizard
June 24th, 2016, 23:45
I was just saying that the license you receive is exactly the same. The Steam version is just a wrapper for our standard install. There's no benefit to buying on Steam over our site, other than the Steam friends list notification.

Regards,
JPG

damned
June 25th, 2016, 01:02
Hey Fudly its to do with the way Steam see Fantasy Grounds as a single product. The upgrade here also costs $5 more but here you have the option to do it in one fell swoop and save $5 (or whatever it is with the current sale). So long as you dont mind waiting 6 weeks for the key to appear on Steam go ahead and buy it here. The game is 100% identical whether you buy it here or there and whether you launch the Steam install or the website install.

Galach
July 4th, 2016, 04:02
Hello everyone.

This one is aimed to the FG Sales Staff...

Well I just made a list of which token packs from Devin Night are available on FG Store, but not on Steam Store. There is a lot, and I wish almost all of them… LoL

In September, I will a “profit share” (a bonus on my payment) in the company I work for, and I am planning to acquire some extra token packs.

Is it possible to make this list avaliable on Steam Store for purchase? That way, I will be able to purchase more packs, since I will be not hostage of a bunch of taxes my larcenous government impose for international transactions… =)

Thanks!

Pack
Amazons
Animals
Brigrands
Demons and Devils
Dinosaur
Dragon Kin
Drow
Elves
Forged Kin
Four-Legged Fiends
Frozen North
Giants
Goblins and Orcs
Heroic Characters 10
Heroic Characters 9
Humanoid Monsters
Hybrids
Many-Legged Fiends
Modern 1
Modern 2
Monster
More Monsters
More Monsters 3
More Monsters 4
No Legged Fiends
Pig Faced Orcs
Shadowpunk
Space Characters
Summoned Helpers
Townsfolk 2
Trolls, Lizardmen and Rockmen
Two-Legged Fiends
Undead 1
Vikings
Wild West
Winged Fiends

Moon Wizard
July 4th, 2016, 19:29
We have been slowly migrating DLC over to Steam ever since we launched on Steam, but there is quite a bit of work to add to Steam. We recently brought Lokiare on board to help us in the last couple of months.

Since the Steam version of FG is just a wrapper for the web site version, the program and DLC are exactly the same regardless of whether you purchase on the FG web site store or Steam.

Regards,
JPG

Galach
July 4th, 2016, 20:04
Since the Steam version of FG is just a wrapper for the web site version, the program and DLC are exactly the same regardless of whether you purchase on the FG web site store or Steam.

Regards,
JPG

Hi, MoonWizard.

I know that the DLCs are exactly the same, except for the final price I pay for purchasing it. As I explained in the “inaugural” post, since Steam have a physical sales office inside Brazilian territory, purchases through their site are not taken as an international purchase.

When I buy things directly from Fantasy Grounds Store, I need to use an international credit card, PayPal or a similar process, all which are acknowledge as international transactions. And for those, I will pay some taxes that, together, are equal to 61,5% of my purchase – in a US$ 10,00 product, I will end with a US$ 16,15 bill.

And I am not even taking in account the exchange fee from Brazilian Real to US Dollars; One dollar in my country is equal to R$3,2 (Reais); so, a product that you buy in North America will be, right at the start, at least three times more expensive to us around here.

Thing is, I don’t know why or how Steam make the exchange, but the conversion prices of any product in Steam are around only R$ 2,50 per dollar, so everything is cheaper to buy through Steam than in other services – and I bet this is the reason why people I know started to buy FG licenses through Steam recently.

I know that this is a problem caused by my government, and this is not a problem that Smite Works can solve, but until things get back in the trails around here, economically speaking (which won’t happen at least in 4 years) I will not be buying anything through Fantasy Grounds Store – or any other foreign service – just because it grows to expensive.

For example, with the price I would pay in the 5th ed. D&D PHB through Fantasy grounds Store, I bought the two Core Rulebooks (PHB, MM) in Steam Store simply because the different exchange rate and the lack of additional, abusive taxes.

Anyway, I appreciate the help and will be waiting updates in Steam.

ddavison
July 4th, 2016, 20:55
Lokiare is working through the list at a pretty good clip, so I expect he might be able to get those out there by mid-August or so. He works on a mix of new products on all platforms and other products that simply need to go out to Steam. I'll send him this thread so he can try to prioritize those in the list.

Galach
July 4th, 2016, 21:21
First, I was reading my last post again, and I think I was a bit harsh; that was not my intention, I was just trying to stress why Steam Store would be a better option for some people. So, if I sounded rude, sorry about that.

Second, thanks again. I know that Smite Works isn’t a huge company with hundreds of employees; I imagine that there must be a constant struggle for keep things up to date, provide feedback and in top of that, bring new things to customers of a lot of different products, so thanks for the hard work.

The thing is, sometimes we, customers, just want something so bad that we forget that, and then we just end asking for something that cannot be delivered in that moment.

Fortunately, you are constantly giving us feedback, and answering our calls. That way, we know what to expect for the future.

Thank you, guys. =)

Moon Wizard
July 4th, 2016, 23:40
Answering from my phone today, due to holiday travel, so apologies I didn't read whole thread.

One of the reasons we brought Lokiare on board to help was to get the DLC in our store and onto Steam faster, so we'll be adding more content to Steam every week.

Cheers,
JPG

Nylanfs
July 5th, 2016, 12:30
So the total price will be increasing and we can get more people complaining about it. :)

Moon Wizard
July 5th, 2016, 20:01
We need someone to do the full calculation for buying every token/map in Roll20 store, plus product/token counts. Then, we'd see some interesting numbers.

JPG

Axeking
July 12th, 2016, 18:28
I'd love to see a way to get my steam licenses to flow to the smiteworks store - the reverse of buying here and getting it there. :)

JohnD
July 12th, 2016, 18:33
So the total price will be increasing and we can get more people complaining about it. :)

Yes that always makes sense. There must be a lot of people out there that think they have to buy every board game in Walmart if they just want to play Monopoly.

damned
July 13th, 2016, 10:47
I'd love to see a way to get my steam licenses to flow to the smiteworks store - the reverse of buying here and getting it there. :)

The FG license key from Steam flows this way immediately.
DLC doesnt flow in either direction.