PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a storyteller to do a 1-on-1 with me.

Bones164
June 7th, 2016, 04:40
I'm looking for a storyteller to do a 1-on-1 with me. Can anybody help me out? Because the character that I have is a ronin garou. I want to take him on an adventure that will redeem him and allow him to enter back into garou society with his head held high. I've tried to introduce him into other games, but either nobody will allow a ronin or it's just too disruptive to the sept to play him correctly with all the self-loathing and angst. I'm just looking for a storyteller. What do you think would be a good way for redemption? Let me give you a little background. His sept was wiped out by a bane while he hid like a coward. It was on the night of his Rite of Passage. He had gone into a sweat lodge for a visionquest. He traveled through the penumbra. When he was finished with his assignment he returned to his body. That was when the nihilach attacked. It had followed my character back to the caern and it laid waste to the entire sept. He only escaped because as soon as the battle started he was able to hide until the thing was gone. That's why he's a ronin. There is no way he could survive going after and killing the nihilach. Probably not even if he had an army. So he needs to have another opportunity. Something that will be as equal. What do you think?
He's a Wendigo/homid/ahroun. The character concept I was going for was like remember the Incredible Hulk show back in the 70's? His tribe was slaughtered in northern Wisconsin. So that's where he's starting out from. Now he's just wandering from place to place aimlessly, trying his best to stay away from other garou territories. He has the clothes on his back and a guitar. He is just trying to help the good people that cross his path in whatever way he can in exchange for food and shelter. He was never fully trained how to control his transformations. He succumbs to his rage easily and also during the full moon he looses control entirely. However, he's also being chased by the law that found the bodies of his sept.

callahan09
June 7th, 2016, 05:33
Neat idea, but I've never played World of Darkness / Werewolf before, so I wouldn't be of any use to you, but good luck!

jwrightFANTASYG
June 7th, 2016, 18:10
So you are looking purely for a role playing scenario and not a gaming scenario? Something to flesh out the backstory with? Or are you looking to actually play within the game mechanics as a solo character?

Diomitus
June 8th, 2016, 03:44
Yea I'm kind of curious as well!
Role play with the very occasional combat?
I could possibly help, especially if it's 5e

callahan09
June 8th, 2016, 05:30
So you are looking purely for a role playing scenario and not a gaming scenario? Something to flesh out the backstory with? Or are you looking to actually play within the game mechanics as a solo character?

Yea I'm kind of curious as well!
Role play with the very occasional combat?
I could possibly help, especially if it's 5e

Well I don't have much experience with the system, but some keywords stood out to me. "Storyteller" is what they call the GM in World of Darkness games; Ronin Garou and their Rite of Passage, Wendigo, etc., these are all things from Werewolf: The Apocalypse. So in terms of system, I assume he wants Werewolf: The Apocalypse.