PDA

View Full Version : Generating interest for a weekly / bi-weekly 4E Scales of War game!

Locke4VII
June 7th, 2016, 02:19
Hello all, I run a 4E Scales of War campaign at home with several newer players and I'm looking to run a second, similar campaign with more experienced / creative role players. Needless to say, you'll need to have Fantasy Grounds but I have the Ultimate License so you only require the demo version.

I'm looking for 4-5 players. You don't have to be experts at D&D, but a good attitude and love of role playing are musts! I'm big on descriptive actions and love rewarding creativity and originality. Likewise, Fantasy Grounds experience is preferred though not required.

Scales of War is an "official" adventure path which scales from level 1 through level 30... so committed players are a must! If you're familiar with Scales, no spoilers! If you aren't, awesome! ...don't look up spoilers!

As for dates and times, I'm currently working with Friday evenings, or Saturday or Sunday during the mid-late afternoon, EST. A group consensus would be best.

I typically allow all race / class combos (so long as they are legal), although you may want to work with the rest of the team to balance out the group. My only restriction for this campaign will be alignment, which cannot be any variation of Evil for story purposes.Interested?

Send me a PM or comment on this post and let's get the ball rolling!

spite
June 7th, 2016, 09:04
Would you consider players who are new to 4E but familiar with other DnD and Fantasy Grounds in general?

Locke4VII
June 7th, 2016, 14:03
Yes, I definitely would. The idea is to have a good time, the mechanics don't worry me too much yet. However I caution those unfamiliar with 4E that it tends to have longer, more drawn-out battles where cooperation is the key to victory. If you don't enjoy the combat aspects too much, it may not be the version for you.

Locke4VII
June 9th, 2016, 17:06
This is now definitely happening. We currently have five players, but in case of drop-out/no-shows, more people are welcome to attend the first event:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2029

skairnkrin
June 15th, 2016, 04:36
I am definitely up to it! I love 4E and see it so underused, and talked so bad about for no reason. It was just a more combat centric system... But anyways count me in already applied at the calendar group.

Locke4VII
June 19th, 2016, 23:49
There is currently one-two spots open if anyone else is interested in playing!

spite
June 20th, 2016, 00:39
Do you have a confirmed time and day? I'm interested but need to make sure I can make the times regularly

bleurgh just realised the calender has it >.<

Locke4VII
June 21st, 2016, 01:45
Ha, yes, we're on the calendar. Looks like Friday evenings.

Locke4VII
June 30th, 2016, 21:09
The current group dismantled all due to personal reasons, but I would still like to get this going!
If anyone would like to sign-up, I'm available to GM Saturday mornings or Sundays all day. We'll schedule the first official date once we have gathered enough interest.

Sharpevil
June 30th, 2016, 21:14
I've got some interest in a sunday game, if it can be done in the evenings, EST. I haven't played 4e in a long time, so it'd be nice to play my first D&D once more.

skairnkrin
June 30th, 2016, 22:54
I'm good for sundays.

Locke4VII
July 4th, 2016, 00:35
That's two for Sunday evenings!

Locke4VII
July 9th, 2016, 14:49
First game has been scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. See you all there!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2029