PDA

View Full Version : Altering proficienct bonus

rob2e
June 6th, 2016, 20:40
OK, so in my efforts to make a PC have a +1 proficiency only, I have that handled. I add the effect ATK: -1; CHECK: -1; SAVE: -1

That works pretty well unless someone casts a spell, then the mob should get a +1 to it's save, OR the PC should loose one to the DC which I don't think is possible to code. One solution is just make the DC code for a stat that is one less than the real stat (if there is one), but that's wrong and lame. I'm just looking for a way to automate this without having to apply SAVE: 1 to each mob every time.

Ideas?

Zacchaeus
June 6th, 2016, 21:13
The answer to your dilemma will appear in v3.2. There will be a box at the spell DC in the Power Group which can be used to add a bonus or penalty to the save DC. Meantime all you could do I think is enter a modifier into the modifier tab before the roll is made.

rob2e
June 6th, 2016, 21:15
ThanX for that. That's the third thing I've been told will be a part of 3.2. I guess I'm late in asking for these things because obviously others have. ;)

THREE POINT TWO!!! I await your greatness. Roll for initiative. ADVINIT

Mavrik6666
June 8th, 2016, 16:59
Rob - did you pick up my comment in another thread about the same thing - adding a shadow class - can give a prof bonus increase

rob2e
June 8th, 2016, 19:01
Mavrik6666 so the effect would be the same as mine only reversed. +1s and a MINUS 1 on the throws for spell DC.