PDA

View Full Version : just read 33 pages of parser woes!!!

computertrucker
June 5th, 2016, 23:56
Been a few years since i have done any gaming at all, been about 3.4 to 4 years since i have done any DnD with 4E being the last version i played. Was looking at possibly starting back up in about a month or 2. With my job having me on the road Fantasy grounds is the way to go. However wow. Apparently the Parser is giving people tons of issues. Might be time to look to 5th? Which sucks as i really enjoyed 4th when i played. lol

Trenloe
June 6th, 2016, 00:28
If you've got a DDI subscription, you may as well at least try the 4E parser - it produces great 4E output.

computertrucker
June 6th, 2016, 00:30
If you've got a DDI subscription, you may as well at least try the 4E parser - it produces great 4E output.

Ya I'm attempting now

damned
June 6th, 2016, 00:54
The environment isnt static. The Wizards make changes at their end and that breaks tools like the parsers. make sure you have the latest version of the parser and you read the first couple and last couple of pages of that thread.

computertrucker
June 6th, 2016, 02:58
ive got the latest parser, I think its up and running. I even paused the download, and then resumed it.. said it resumed but it doesnt seem to be doing anything is there a way to check the status? or should it be showing files being moved over?

computertrucker
June 6th, 2016, 16:31
So I let the parser run all night and most of yesterday evening, and nothing. It just seems

It goes through the initial scraping I guess then when it starts downloading it just sits there. I had to turn it off this morning to get rolling.

computertrucker
June 7th, 2016, 03:01
Giving it another shot tonight... crossing fingers!!!!

computertrucker
June 7th, 2016, 03:04
So is there anyway to check the status of the download?

Trenloe
June 7th, 2016, 04:36
Can you show us a screenshot of the whole parser app when you're at the point where it's downloading?

comicspop
June 29th, 2016, 19:57
I actually think I have the same issue. I'll upload a screenshot shortly.

EDIT: Here's the screenshot. When I log in with my D&D Insider credentials it just sits there. I think it's because I don't have a paid account (no longer available). Is there a solution?

computertrucker
June 29th, 2016, 21:27
DnD insider is no more. That's exactly what mine did.

computertrucker
June 29th, 2016, 21:28
That's ok I believe I got it all on file on my old laptop. Will just have to get a load back to Ga and get it out of my parents place.

computertrucker
June 29th, 2016, 21:30
Can just put it on a gig card and transfer it over to my new computer

magnusprime27
August 20th, 2016, 14:36
ddi stil works, you have to create an account and buy a subscription. however its only available to previous subscribers I guess. theres a message bout n not taking 'new'subscribers or something I just finished parsing the phb stuff.

spite
August 21st, 2016, 11:24
You can get access to it as a new subscriber still. The link to do so is in the parser post.