PDA

View Full Version : Wizard Discussion

Diomitus
June 5th, 2016, 02:03
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I'd like to talk wizards! (5e in particular)

They intrigue me very much and instead of just looking at stats and min/maxing, let's talk about really interesting effects that you have done or can be done with wizards of every school.

Example:

A Conjuration wizard could use benign transposition to teleport to a space, then use misty step to teleport again AND recharge their benign transposition, the use benign trans. again and misty step and so on and so on until they run out of spell slots for misty step. I thought that was cool. Maybe coupling it with a thief could be an interesting class?

Zacchaeus
June 5th, 2016, 10:20
I can't see what benefit this might have - aside from popping around the battlefield.

Diomitus
June 5th, 2016, 16:36
I had it in mind that if the players came to a difficult cliff to climb, the wizard could bamf up to an unreachable ledge. Or if there was a bridge of floating stones that could not be jumped, the wizard could have an interesting moment. It's kind of situational but even being able to poof away from danger and even switch locations with another creature is pretty cool.