PDA

View Full Version : 5E Tomb of Horrors

Siren1805
June 4th, 2016, 16:00
FG License: i.e. GM has Full so players need at least Lite.
Game System: D&D 5E

Time Zone: i.e. Eastern Time USA
Day of week and time: Tuesdays or Fridays starting at 8 pm.
If new game, planned start date: TBD
Planned Frequency: Weekly, every other week.
Term: i.e. Long term keep playing for a while, or Working through a module and will be done as a group when that is over.

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Teamspeak.

Roleplay & Combat mix: 25/75 This module was designed less combat/more thinking.
Number of Players in game & needed: 5 players.
Character starting level & equipment: 9th level & one rare magic item, have a few rerolls/spares ready to go.
Character restrictions: i.e. Only core races and classes.

Details of your scenario:

The Tomb of Horrors was designed by Gary Gygax in response to players boasting that their characters were capable of any challenge. ToH was meant to be extremely challenging and rewards those who think outside of the box. If you are a hack and slay player, you will be unhappy. This module has a dark and legendary reputation so be warned. I would like to run this updated for 5th Edition, and this post is to see if enough people would be interested in doing so.

NotRussellCrowe
June 4th, 2016, 17:26
Good morning!

How many sessions would you think this would go?

pnpoldschoolgamer
June 4th, 2016, 18:28
If you decide to do this Friday I'd be very interested in joining this. Would love to play a rogue or wizard in this mod.

Diomitus
June 4th, 2016, 22:05
I would LOVE to do this!
I could DEFINITELY do Tuesdays.
Please let me on board.

Siren1805
June 4th, 2016, 22:21
Average run time is 4/3 Hour sessions as per the manual. It's going a be a couple of weeks for me to convert it over from the books to 5e fantasy grounds

NotRussellCrowe
June 4th, 2016, 22:23
That sounds great. If you decide to run them on Fridays I'd love to join.

Diomitus
June 4th, 2016, 22:27
If there is anyway I can help, let me know. I have the PHB, MM, DMG, SCAG, EEPC, and the Ultimate license. Would LOVE to run through this.

Bluesmusic
June 4th, 2016, 22:41
I can do Tuesdays. I seem to remember this one from back in the day.

Siren1805
June 5th, 2016, 23:24
Well I'll get to work on it starting tomorrow, I will post updates on this thread so stay tuned. Yes this is one of the greats, and it's a complete deathtrap.

Seya
June 6th, 2016, 00:49
Better bring a ten foot stick

Hecklerus Prime
June 6th, 2016, 03:04
Hey there. I'm interested in playing through ToH. I'm also EST and either night would work for me, although I think Tuesdays might be easier. I've been a D&D nut for over a decade and have been using FG for at least half as long. I've been the DM for my weekly group the entire time, so I would thoroughly enjoy a chance to sit on the opposite side of the screen, especially if a lot of strategy is involved. Overly complicated but highly effective planning is specialty, which is what I hear ToH really requires.

Monkn
June 6th, 2016, 10:25
Either day is good for me and would like to know more. Open to playing almost any class.

Diomitus
June 10th, 2016, 05:12
Spent the day making characters, I have almost every class haha

deadlye
June 11th, 2016, 20:42
I can do Friday if you decide on it.

TheDux
June 13th, 2016, 07:27
I would love to play in this one. Friday night might work best for me and every other tuesday would be ok.

I have a concept for a Dragonborn bladelock/barbarian I would like to try out.

wicker
June 13th, 2016, 18:04
I would love to get in on this as well. I'm also happy to play any class the party might need. I've been playing D&D a long time but I'm a newb to FG