PDA

View Full Version : In Person Game with Laptops

rtaylor1976
June 3rd, 2016, 20:03
Everyone,

Last time I tried to do this, something didn't work so I thought I would get some help and be ready when we try this again.

I run an online game with FGII, but we still try to get together a few times a year. Everyone connects just fine (I had to do all the configuring - port forwarding, etc - initially with my xFinity wireless gateway and all that, but everything seems to work fine now).

When we were last gaming in person, we wanted to use the FGII and connect to it and display on a TV screen, but all the laptops of my players could not connect to my computer. Is there some issue since we are all on the same wifi router? If so, what is the best way to resolve this?

Appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Ray

Trenloe
June 3rd, 2016, 20:14
When we were last gaming in person, we wanted to use the FGII and connect to it and display on a TV screen, but all the laptops of my players could not connect to my computer. Is there some issue since we are all on the same wifi router? If so, what is the best way to resolve this?
When on the same network connect with the local IP of the GMs computer, don't use the campaign alias.