PDA

View Full Version : Re-Recruitment Shackled City AP Fantasy Grounds Sundays (Pathfinder)

DMReckless
June 3rd, 2016, 03:02
We are looking for 1-2 PCs to join our Sunday Pathfinder Shackled City Campaign. We are three sessions in and are looking for these PCs to join us when we restart on Jun 12th.

Campaign information:

FG License: Ultimate

Game System: Pathfinder (modified Gestalt, some Unchained &/or House Rules)

Time Zone: Eastern Time USA; Day of week and time: Sunday Afternoons, 1-5 PM

Planned re-start date: June 12th

Planned Frequency: Three Weeks On, One Week Off

Term: Long term. This campaign has 12 chapters and takes the PCs from 1st level to 20th.

Text or Voice: mixed

Voice software used: Fantasy Grounds Teamspeak server

Roleplay & Combat mix: Probably 40-60 or so closer to 50-50 with good participation on part of players

Number of Players in game & needed: Looking for 1-2 consistent players

Character starting level & equipment: 2 (modified Gestalt), 50gp to spend on starting equipment (see Background, below)

Character restrictions: Greyhawk-based characters, see Character Creation and House Rules, below

Details of your scenario: “Pathfinder-ized” Shackled City Adventure Path via Fantasy Grounds on Sunday afternoons. I have an “Ultimate” FG license so players would not need to have one. Shackled City is a compilation Adventure Path set in the city of Cauldron on the world of Greyhawk. It includes dungeon, city-based, overland, and political themes, mostly centered around Cauldron and its environs. A strong sense of teamwork and cooperative character building would also be highly encouraged.

Useful Resources

Online Player’s Guide (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1F5ylSNjo4AO211TQgIy6uX0V2ij_uynEpgVPWefKB5g/edit?pref=2&pli=1#)
Fantasy Grounds (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/home/home.php)
Greyhawk Wikia (https://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/Canon:Greyhawk)
Pathfinder Reference Document (https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/)
Background Generator Charts (https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCampaign/characterBackground/backgroundGenerator.html)

Character Creation and House Rules:

Alignment: LG, NG, CG, or LN only

Attributes: Choose one of the following arrays: 16,16,14,13,12,10; 16,15,15,14,13,10; 15,15,15,15,14,10

Race: Core Rule Book only

Classes: See Gestalt notes below

Wealth: 50 gp to spend on equipment; see Background, below

Unchained: Classes, Background Skills, Skill Unlocks

Ultimate Campaign: Background Generator (https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCampaign/characterBackground.html): Once you’ve set up your race/Gestalt classes you roll up background info. When rolling class background, roll and choose between the results listed for both half of Gestalt. (Example: Rolling 59 with a Fighter-Witch Gestalt, I choose from Knighted or Inborn Power.) Once during generation process, you may choose to re-roll. These rolls are to serve as inspiration and to flesh out your story, not to override it. If you find it ruining your character, let me know and we’ll work something out.

Traits(3-4): PCs choose one Trait from those available from Background Generation, one from among the “new” Campaign Traits, and one other Trait. If a player wants to choose one of the original Campaign Traits, they may take it as-is in addition to their initial 3 traits, or remove the drawback portion and take it in place of the “new” Campaign Traits.

Bonus Feat: PCs gain one bonus Feat, chosen from any of the Core Rule Book feats that add +2 to 2 skills OR from any story Feat opened by your background rolls OR you may take the Additional Traits Feat, but only usable with traits opened up with your background rolls.

Critical Hits/Fumbles: Will be using Pathfinder Critical Hit and Fumble Decks, but most crits and misses will just be “normal”, 2 in 6 crits and 1 in 6 Fumbles will consult deck rather than “normal” effects.

Hero Points: Since longevity is hoped for in the game but I’m a “let the dice fall where they may” kind of GM, we will be using Hero Points.

Experience: We will be using the slow experience chart. Ad Hoc bonuses will be provided for active roleplaying, problem solving, etc.

Reach: Fantasy Grounds has reach weapons/reach monsters able to affect the corner squares, and so shall we.

Gestalt

My personal preference for Gestalt is that it broadens, rather than focuses, a character’s abilities, taking two classes that complement, rather than enforce, each other.

In an old-school thematic homage, I’ve decided that half of the Gestalt must be a Core Rule Book class, the unchained version thereof(Barbarian/Monk/Rogue), or the Martial Fighter (see below.) The other half may be any Paizo-published class. No 3rd party classes or archetypes. Each class/side may only have ONE archetype, if any. You may not have a “hybrid” class (from ACG) which “includes” the class from the other side of the Gestalt, so, for example, a Ranger could not have the Hunter or Slayer as the other half. Please pay special note to the information on GM Rutseg’s linked Shackled City Players Guide, since it gives pretty invaluable information on what fits thematically in this adventure path.

Martial Fighter

Replace the CRB Fighter with the following modification:

Add Knowledge (Martial) to the class’ skill list.

Starting at 3rd level and every odd level thereafter, a Martial Fighter gains a bonus “Martial” feat from the list below. She must meet all the prerequisites for any Feats chosen.

“ Martial” Feats (these Feats are from Path of War (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/feats))

Advanced Study, Discipline Expertise (Applies to Disciplines chosen with Martial Training Feats), Discipline Focus, Discipline Mastery, Extra Readied Maneuver, Fuse Styles, Lightning Recovery, Martial Charge, Martial Training I-VI, Victorious Recovery, Weapon Group Adaptation.

Martial Fighters may qualify for any Fighter Archetype as normal.

Other “Systems”

Where it makes sense for the campaign, I may be using (sub)systems such as downtime, alternate crafting, retraining, fame/infamy, influence, relationships, Mythic, etc. published by Paizo.

The current players and their PCs are:

Overlord_laharl Ben Rice human rogue -wizard
Pokeapache Beyla Rodric human brawler-paladin
Bob Reilly Saladar Bach human brawler-rogue
Lokiel Roahk half-orc gunslinger-ranger

The party could use someone with healing capabilities on one side of the Gestalt, certainly. More arcane, support, and/or ranged wouldn’t be remiss either.

Background

PCs submitted to be added to the party have been kidnapped from Cauldron and sold into slavery to some Underdark-dwelling overlord some time over the past three months. They have managed to escape this captivity, steal a minimal amount of gear (thus the 50 gp starting money) and make their way back up the hidden passages to find the entry to the Malachite ‘hold below Cauldron, where they will run into the party.

It wouldn’t hurt to establish some connections with one or more of the existing party members, but the arrival at the Malachite hold and subsequent battle to defeat the slavers and eascape back to Cauldron could also serve as a bonding agent.

gaara6666
June 3rd, 2016, 19:22
I play in the game and it is a solid group. The roleplay is fun and Reckless is pretty right on the party heals aspect. our oracle was a no show and with no healer even with gestalt it is a punishing experience.

JohnD
June 3rd, 2016, 21:25
Always nice to see more Greyhawk!

Syls
June 4th, 2016, 07:23
Hello, I would be interested but I have only played 2 session of 3.5e and never pathfinder. If you don't have a problem with teaching a noob (though I've read quite a bit on both 3.5e and pathfinder) then hit me up, I would be glad to join you guys. I'm eastern time as well and I'm free every sunday. I'm also looking for a long term group so if it works out it would be awesome. As for the classes I'm interested in, they are barbarians, sorcerer or cleric but I'm open to anything really.

DMReckless
June 5th, 2016, 14:19
Thanks everyone for the interest!

Game is still looking for 1-2 more players, likely will be deciding on at least 1 of those slots today, but still time to apply for the second one.

Syls, a few different people are looking at oracle-sorcerer or cleric-sorcerer mixes. A barbarian-cleric (or bloodrager-cleric) would be a good addition (with the Mad Magic Feat, you would be able to cast Cleric Spells while Bloodraging as a Bloodrager, which would be cool.)

Gestalt is a little trickier than normal Pathfinder, but I can help you with it if you're willing to take on the extra "study" load.

-Stratton

Syls
June 5th, 2016, 17:35
I more than willing to take the time to study more on the subject! I would be happy to be a Bloodrager-cleric too as it sounds badass :D

DMReckless
June 12th, 2016, 15:05
Hey guys,

A couple of people have written to say they can't make it today. That combined with it being my wife's birthday today and still waiting on our second recruit means we'll be postponing re-start until next week.

Meanwhile, over in the Gameplay thread (https://paizo.com/campaigns/FGShackledCity/gameplay&page=last), our first new recruit has made a starting post. Maybe we can do a bit of RP today and/or over the week to keep things rolling.

-Stratton

STILL ROOM FOR 1 MORE