PDA

View Full Version : LFP - 5E: Lost Mines of Phandelver - Thursday Nights 10p EDT weekly [Already Started]

Artrem
June 2nd, 2016, 22:28
CURRENTLY FULL! THANKS FOR EVERYONE'S INTEREST!

One of our players has to leave the campaign due to real life commitment, so we are looking for another one or two players to join up! We have only had two sessions thus far, so you haven't missed much and easy to catch up!

Current Level: 2nd Level

FG License: Ultimate, anyone can join including demo clients
Game System: D&D 5E

Time Zone: EDT (daylight saving timezone)
Day of week and time: Thursdays 10pm EDT
Planned Frequency: Weekly
Term: Completion of module, however, plan to continue with other modules 5E and/or conversion of older edition modules

Text or Voice: Voice mainly, text for ooc, whispers, emotes, etc
Voice software used: TeamSpeak (use the community TS server, thanks to the owners of that btw)

Roleplay & Combat mix: Currently 60/40 'ish, but depends on what the party does tbh
Number of Players in game & needed: currently 3 players, looking for 1 or 2 more (prefer smaller groups so players have more time to play/interact per session)
Character starting level & equipment: 2nd level for tonight's session, 3rd level next week.
Character restrictions: Only using official WOTC 5e materials.
Rule variants: Flanking rules; Critical hit/fumble tables; magical items are discovered, not revealed with short rests;

Gameplay: I am all about moving the story forward and less about rule lawyering. I'd rather enjoy the roleplay and the story than argue about the rules. I am still learning the rules, so mistakes I can guarantee will be made by me. If this is ok, please join up. Typically, rules I mess up/forget goes to the characters benefit retroactively, if it's detrimental to the characters, it's typically not applied retroactively.
Player Experience: Any type of experience is welcome, new players or experienced players. Just looking to have a great time.

Campaign Details: As you likely are aware, this is the starter module for 5E. We as a group have decided to play with very little variation in the rules as we started this to nail down 5E rules. Now, that being said, we started after a few one shot games, so we did have some variant rules added to our campaign. This is a mini-campaign up through level 5.
Future Plans: We plan to finish up this campaign and will decide as a group where we go next (such as do another 5E premade module, continue with characters already made, play a conversion of an older module, etc), I highly value the players input, as this is just as much about you having fun as me having fun. I like to run long running campaigns and have most Thursday nights off (work/family life occasionally gets in the way, but was very unlikely in previous long term campaign), if I do not, I ALWAYS communicate prior to the gaming session that it will be canceled.

Link to Gamecalendar page: Group was created privately, so there was no post. However, I will start one, since I know some like to see the timezone conversion (it's a nice feature). https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2013

Matticus
June 3rd, 2016, 01:46
I am interested in joining your game. I have applied in the calander. I have moderate experience with both 5.e and fantasy grounds.

My email is [email protected]

Artrem
June 3rd, 2016, 02:38
Would love to have you join up and give it a whirl. I sent ya a message Matticus! :)

Coach_Gutt2433
June 3rd, 2016, 03:53
If you need another I am looking to join a group

Artrem
June 3rd, 2016, 08:43
Hey Coach, We filled up pretty quickly. I'll keep your name in case someone drops and I'll send you a PM. Thanks for the interest and sorry the group is full.

Artrem