PDA

View Full Version : One Shot 5E: Home Under the Range

Artrem
June 2nd, 2016, 05:06
CURRENTLY FULL. IF YOU WANT TO POST FOR ALTERNATE LIST, FEEL FREE. THANKS FOR THE INTEREST IN THE GAME!

"Curano La'San, local bard who chronicles history and philosophy of good aligned intelligent magical weapons, has discovered that the Dawn Rock dwarven clan in Vultania Gorge has a lead on a location of Twinoch, the legendary urgosh. He has hired this group to go investigate these claims and lend whatever aid they can to the Dawn Rock clan's excavation. Unfortunately, when the group arrives in Vultania Gorge, the excavation is not going well and the party is requested to meet with the acting Sub-General Farhorn. It seems the clan has lost their Commander, Twinoch, as well as any runners they send to the excavation site. He needs the party's help in a peculiar request of assistance."

Come join for a night of fun in this one-shot adventure. If you don't mind terrible voice acting by the DM, general mischief, and some roleplaying excitement, then this game is for you!

FG License: Ultimate (anyone can join the game, even demo users)
Game System: DnD 5e (flanking variant rule and crit/fumble table).

Day of week and time: Saturday 6/4/16 @ 10pm EDT
Characters: Pregens available or you can make a level 3 character an hour prior to gametime on the server (Standard ability point distribution (15,14,13,12,10,8), no rolls/no point buys; WOTC PHB/SCAG classes/races only; no multiclassing; very vanilla, no magic items)

Text or Voice: Voice mostly, text can be used, but only for emotes, whispers, etc
Voice software used: TeamSpeak

Roleplay & Combat mix: Depends on the party, but it's a one shot so we'll say 50/50
Max number of players: 5 (anymore seems to diminish the roleplaying)
Planned Game Duration: 4-5 hours (until the module ends)
Gameplay: I am all about moving the story forward and less about rule lawyering. I do want to learn the rules, but I'd rather enjoy the roleplay and story than argue about the rules. I am still learning the rules, so mistakes I can guarantee will be made by me. If this is ok, please join up.
Player Experience: Any type of experience is welcome, new players or experienced players. Just looking to have a great time.

DM's Request: If you decide that this game is not for you, or that you cannot make the game after signing up; please just let me know in either a post here, post in the calendar, private forum message, carrier pigeon, or smokes signals. We all know that things happen and real life may interrupt. I promise, if something happens to me, I'll do the same for you and let everyone know. There is nothing more frustrating (unfortunately every one shot up to this one), than waiting for a player or turning away players and then having someone not show up for a game without sending any message. Even worse is when they don't even send a message after the game is played. It's unfair to the players that have signed up, the players that we have turned away due to group being full, and not fair to the DM. (Sorry for the rant, but if it offends you, then you may not want to sign up for this adventure).

If still interested, please post here AND on the calendar. Due to my previous one-shots, no shows seem to be from players signing up on game calendar only. Therefore, I will only accept players who post in the forum thread (trying for accountability I guess). I hate turning players away and then having an open slot.

Thanks for your time reading the post,
Artrem

Game Calendar Link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2012

Rpgsoldier
June 2nd, 2016, 08:28
I would like to join in on your game, i am thinking either a cleric or a rogue. Also not familiar with the a acronym swag.

Artrem
June 2nd, 2016, 09:55
Sound great and look forward to seeing you on Saturday. As for swag? well that's supposed to be scag (sword coast adventurer's guide), so much for abbreviations...

Mad Nomad
June 2nd, 2016, 15:58
Played in one of Artem's 1 shots in the past and it was a great time. Can't make this one but suggest it to others.

Artrem
June 2nd, 2016, 21:52
@dereks = Thanks for the compliment, we'll miss ya this session. Thankfully, there will be no spider webs to be burnt on a boat this session. I learned my lesson from our previous one shot. ;)

I've received PM's from two guys that typically have played in the past with me as well, Ryker and Bdaniel. Silly guys that love to laugh, have fun and roleplay. So we are looking for 2 more, please feel free to join no matter your experience or comfort in roleplaying. Just looking to have a fun time.

Parasitic_ego
June 3rd, 2016, 02:48
Hey. I'm Game if you're still accepting. Bdaniel asked me to join in. Looking to try out a spellcaster for this one. I've already added myself to the game calendar will update with what class shortly.

Look forward to this.

Artrem
June 3rd, 2016, 05:25
@ Parasitic_ego: Absolutely, would love to have you come along! Looking forward to playing with ya. Thanks for BDaniel suggesting you to join the one shot.

Rpgsoldier
June 3rd, 2016, 06:44
How do you want the hit point to be at higher levels, rolled or avg.?

Artrem
June 3rd, 2016, 08:42
You can either do average, or roll that night when you arrive for the one-shot. As for the gold equivalent for equipment, we are using the DMG recommendation for level 1-4: normal starting equipment. Any special requests, please let me know :)

Rpgsoldier
June 3rd, 2016, 18:41
One more question, what god list are you using for your game?

Artrem
June 3rd, 2016, 20:33
@rpgsoldier: Hmm, I guess for simplicity sake we'll use the Forgotten Realm gods for the one shot.

We have one last slot available for anyone looking to play in this one-shot. Feel free to join up!

deadlye
June 4th, 2016, 02:20
I'd like to join if that spot is open. Probably go with a drow half-elf warlock but will consider other options if needed for balance.

Regards,

Artrem
June 4th, 2016, 04:40
Sounds great deadlye. Any class or race that you'd like to play is fine. I'm really glad you're gonna join up for the one shot. Sorry we filled the game last night prior to me seeing your pm's in TS. It's always tough to turn people away when I know they want to play.

Anyways, I'll see you all tomorrow night, I can't wait to see how this group is able to help the dwarves in their time of need!

Diomitus
June 4th, 2016, 22:08
all full?
Would love to play if still open.

deadlye
June 5th, 2016, 09:04
Thanks for running this Artrem. Had a great time gaming with you all.

Artrem
June 5th, 2016, 10:36
I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but another great one shot with great guys! I continue to rant and rave about the fantasy ground player quality that's out there, but every one shot we do I meet great players. Thanks again to all the guys who were able to play, we had a lot of fun and great improvisation by players.

If you are needing a player, I would highly recommend any of them that played with us tonight! deadlye (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?43298-deadlye), diomitus (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?39706-Diomitus), parasitic_ego (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?33229-Parasitic_ego), bdaniel (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?45425-BDaniel), and ryker (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?32169-ryker).

We missed ya tonight rpgsoldier and hope to play again sometime soon. Thanks for letting me know prior to the game that you couldn't make it. It allowed Diomitus to join with us. Kudos for being classy!

Artrem

Rpgsoldier
June 5th, 2016, 16:19
Thanks, i really wanted to play, but family is always first. Thanks for being understanding. Hopefully next game i can get into that won't be a problem.

Diomitus
June 5th, 2016, 18:29
Had a blast Artrem! Hopefully I'll get a chance to play with you guys again!

BDaniel
June 5th, 2016, 20:52
A awesome adventure with an awesome GM and party. Was a night to remember herding beetles, Stone Giant bowling, fire traps, stampedes, an epic endgame battle to save the dwarves, oh a cleric who got all tied up. I highly recommend any who want to have blast join in on Artrem's oneshots or campaign but only after I have singed up first. I have to make sure there is room for me.

Artrem
June 6th, 2016, 01:19
Yea I thought the cleric was going to be squeezed into cleric juice... not to mention I managed to set up a situation to split the party, but alas, smart thinking and ingenious play led to you guys defeating them both as separate encounters (essentially). It put the rogue, fighter in one group, then the cleric and warlock in the other, and the poor druid/bear running between both encounters that were separated by over 200 feet (ton of running). Shockingly only one person was knocked unconscious (even with over a dozen 1's (fumbles too) rolled during that battle. Impressive to say the least. Oh... and really glad the fighter stood in for a pin boy for the giant's bowling... made for great roleplaying!

deadlye
June 6th, 2016, 11:45
That BBG was hitting like a beast, I took close to 60 points of damage in three rounds from him. He ate through my Armor of Agathys with one of his two attacks each round making me cast it again on the next round, and a quick Healing Word from the cleric bought us enough time. Te whole adventure was exciting and tense. Lots of fun.
P.S. Looking forward to the next mission. I can't wait to use that Katana as my pact weapon...mwhuahahahah