PDA

View Full Version : Savage Rifts

TheNecromancerofMirkwood
May 31st, 2016, 14:07
I would love to see this forthcoming ruleset added to Fantasy Grounds, though I'd bet that the license Evil Beagle has doesn't cover it. I have owned FG for years but never had the time to play/run a game. I'm also relatively new to Savage Worlds (though I did play Deadlands: The Weird West tabetop almost 20 years ago) but I can kinda grasp the system. How difficult is it to do mods for it (assuming Savage Rifts never comes to FG)?

Mask_of_winter
May 31st, 2016, 15:05
Knowing how much Sean Patrick Fannon modifies the SW rules (and Rifts will be no exception), a knowledge of lua will be necessary to provide FG automation to the changes. That said, nothing stops you from running it in FG without the automation. I've heard someone will take on the task to convert Rifts to FG, but that will likely take several months.

GunbunnyFuFu
June 1st, 2016, 02:04
I'd love to help in the conversion process in whatever way I can. Guess I better brush up on Lua! I'm really, really looking forward to Savage Rifts, as I spent years playing Rifts back in the day...Palladium's ruleset and power creep killed it for me, though the 3 RL year long campaign was so much fun. I'm hoping to recapture that feeling with fast and furious fun!

Senoj
June 2nd, 2016, 19:16
I too am looking forward to running/playing Savage Rifts. I guess we will have to wait for the PDFs and compare with the SW ruleset to see if there are any needed tweaks. I do not play enough Savage Worlds to speculate.

MadBeardMan
June 22nd, 2016, 09:30
I spoke with Doug about this ruleset as I love RiFTS when the KS was launched.

I'll see if he'll let me switch from Weird War I to this as the Players Book dropped into my inbox very early this morning....

damned
June 22nd, 2016, 10:22

I'll see if he'll let me switch from Weird War I to this as the Players Book dropped into my inbox very early this morning....

You have enough projects on your plate good sir!

MadBeardMan
June 22nd, 2016, 10:24
You have enough projects on your plate good sir!

Agreed I do, however free time is now mine! (Evil Laughter), already completed Secrets of Tibet and A Time to Harvest EP3 plus Traveller is coming soon to beta, plus been doing Weird War I (for SW) and as this is an extension/re-skin, it's much easier.

Oh yes, got hold of a time machine :)

Doswelk
June 22nd, 2016, 21:51

I've not been able to get onto the web site to download my copies :(

MadBeardMan
June 23rd, 2016, 08:14
Morning All,

Spoke with Doug again to confirm if this can be converted and the sad news is that it can't. PEGinc are licensing Rifts from Palladium, they don't own the IP or Copyright and so isn't covered by the licensing agreement with FG. FG would require an agreement with Palladium but that's not likely to happen.

So even a community ruleset can't use images/names/book content at all. We can convert it for personal use but can't distribute it.

I'm a bit sad about this, I was hoping to take down some Glitter boys on FG, but maybe this'll change in the future.

Cheers

Mask_of_winter
June 23rd, 2016, 13:10
I had a feeling this was going to be the case.

GunbunnyFuFu
June 23rd, 2016, 20:49
Same here. Just means I'll be parsing it out for myself for use in my games! Also means I'll likely wait until the final version PDF drops, so that I only have to spend the time in converting once.

Senoj
June 24th, 2016, 01:04
Let's say someone was motivated to create one for their own personal use. Are there any extensions or tools that would be especially useful in doing so?

GunbunnyFuFu
June 24th, 2016, 01:07
Senoj,

Get the SW Enhanced Library extension https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums...l=1#post152731, and then watch Mask_of_Winter's video here on the subject: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzmG...bwYNCizY3DAOIa

That's what I've started with..getting things moved in, etc. I think I should be OK with the "beta" release of the player's guide...I'll change any text, etc. in stuff when the final version is out.

Senoj
June 24th, 2016, 01:23
Thanks, GunbunnyFuFu. I am not sure those links worked (at least they did not for me). However, I was able to find them based on your description.

Thanks again.

GunbunnyFuFu
June 24th, 2016, 01:25
Gah..didn't bother to click them to make sure they worked. Mea culpa. No worries...looking forward to some Savage Rifts!

ShotGun Jolly
June 28th, 2016, 05:09
After reading the rules for Savage rifts.. there is very little, that would need to be added. For the few things like Burn points, you can use your notes to track that there. And you need some place for cybernetics and strain. But if you have the Sci Fi Companion extension, then it solves itself.

This is actually a straight up mod conversion...