PDA

View Full Version : PFS #3-18 The God's Market Gamble (CORE), Friday June 3rd, 7pm GMT

cmdisc
May 31st, 2016, 08:59
Sign up here and on the calendar to reserve a spot. I will make a list of Alternates if necessary.

Considering the range of characters that people now have, I anticipate running this as a 4-5 subtier.

Calendar is here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2010

cmdisc
May 31st, 2016, 09:09
For those of you who have a hard time making a daytime game, my apologies for the short notice. As I prepare for the movers to come pack out my things, my schedule is considerably less flexible right now. After this scenario, I will be taking a break from GMing until I'm settled in Kansas sometime around mid August. I will be losing my desktops within the next few weeks and I don't care to attempt to GM any games off my laptop (although I can still play). So I won't have time to prep anything new. I might be able to run this for a 2nd group if the interest is there, but we'll see what my schedule looks like as we get into June.

bigboom
May 31st, 2016, 09:20
Color me interested! But unfortunately I have a conflict at that time. I'll keep an eye out in case you do a second run in the future!

cmdisc
May 31st, 2016, 10:31
Color me interested! But unfortunately I have a conflict at that time. I'll keep an eye out in case you do a second run in the future!

Farnaby
May 31st, 2016, 10:56
Layni wants to stop those despicable thieves!

P.S. You don't have a time set in the calendar.

d1wright
May 31st, 2016, 12:22
I'll be bringing in Lucia, a 4th level human fighter.

cmdisc
May 31st, 2016, 12:33
P.S. You don't have a time set in the calendar.

What's that? Are your eyes getting old? You must have missed it. Nevermind that I might have just posted it after your comment. :p

cmdisc
May 31st, 2016, 12:35
I'll be bringing in Lucia, a 4th level human fighter.

You mean Lucia the Fighter who is generally the most intelligent and charismatic member of any given group? That Lucia the Fighter?

Blackfoot
May 31st, 2016, 12:48
I'm in with Zwootwick. Level 4 Sorcerer.
If you still have his sheet from the last one, there are only 4 changes. GP, XP, Fame, & Prestige Totals. Otherwise.. he's the same as for Tide of Twilight.
Inventory Tracking Sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hTJnjwcP7uwq2B9O0b4KJ7Ht1OJQhVyJsR9JJTjqoKw/edit?usp=sharing)

cmdisc
May 31st, 2016, 16:10
So a funny thing happened on the way to my kitchen. My wife called me to let me know that her work has just scheduled her Farewell Dinner...on June 3rd...at 4pm GMT...which might make our start time of 7pm a bit sketchy. So I'll have to push our session back an hour to 8pm.

Does anyone have a problem with this? There is a chance we could start on time at 7pm, but it's a small chance. Those dinners tend to run long while they talk about how great the person is that they're saying Goodbye to. And since my wife is just TOTALLY AWESOME, we'll probably be there a while. :)

Farnaby, yes that means we might be going until 3am our time. I've got nothing waiting for me Saturday morning. Do you?

bigboom, I don't know if an hour difference changes anything for you.

cmdisc
May 31st, 2016, 16:13
If this is a problem, possible alternate dates could be the 4th, 6th, 7th, 8th, or 18th. There might be a few others sprinkled in there between the 13th and 16th, but I won't know for sure until we schedule a daytrip we want to take while we're still in Europe and our oldest is home for a visit.

Those dates also work for a possible 2nd table if the interest is there.

bigboom
May 31st, 2016, 16:58
bigboom, I don't know if an hour difference changes anything for you.

Unfortunately, the hour shift won't make a difference for me. But as for your alternate dates, the 4th definitely works for me. 6th, 7th, and 8th are maybe's.

Blackfoot
May 31st, 2016, 17:10
Hopefully I'll know a little more about alternate date/time options for me later this afternoon.

I'm definitely free on the 1st, 2nd, & 3rd.. between the hours of 7am & 7pm eastern... I'm not sure what that translates to currently... are we -4 or -5 at the moment? It says -5 on the calendar.. but I don't think that actually changes when it changes. The Current gametime is listed as 3pm for me if that helps.

cmdisc
May 31st, 2016, 19:01
Yes, right now you are -4. So if we went with an 8pm start time that's 4pm for you....which will run you past your 7pm deadline.

Hmm....

Other than that, good luck on the 2nd interview. Here's hoping your current wide open gaming schedule is interrupted by a new job. :)

Blackfoot
May 31st, 2016, 21:23
I have nothing going on Friday evening... so wrapping later is fine with me. As far as the interview goes, there's still some potential for me to have serious issues with daytime gaming.. woo woo!!? :)

For the moment, I have 2 more interviews but am otherwise available to play during the day on weekdays. I will check with she who shall not be named about Saturday to see if I'm available.

HoloGnome
May 31st, 2016, 21:40
I'd like to play.

JWMK
May 31st, 2016, 23:55
Interested in joining in with Vul'Gar!

cmdisc
June 1st, 2016, 16:31
Interested in joining in with Vul'Gar!

I noticed you voted 'Yes' for 7pm GMT, but 'No' for 8pm. Is there a deadline that you have? Or is it just not your preference to start later?

Because the start time will be subject to however long the business-dinner that I'll be at takes.

JWMK
June 2nd, 2016, 00:21
I would have a hard cut-off time. Based on that, and variable start time, perhaps I should sit out and make the 2nd table if there is one.

cmdisc
June 2nd, 2016, 08:05
Here's the best that I can do:

The Farewell Dinner begins here at 6pm local...which is 4pm GMT or 12 noon EST. It generally runs a few hours. My hope is to be back by 9pm local (7pm GMT/3pm EST), but I can't make any promises. It really all depends on the events. But once I'm back, I will fire up the server and post here that it's up and running.

If the timing works and we have 4+ people, then we'll go with it. I'd rather not run this with 3 and an NPC because the reviews on this say that some of the challenges can be quite difficult....as in a few TPKs.

If it's getting too late by the time I'm back, we'll just have to reschedule. I'll put up a few more dates and times for people to vote on that can either work as a fallback or for a 2nd table.

In the meantime, I'll be needing XMLs and Chronicle sheets from folks that haven't sent them yet.

cmdisc
June 2nd, 2016, 08:09
Oh, also of note:

My alias has changed since I've set up my new computer. I tried giving myself my old one through regedit, but it didn't seem to work. You can find my current alias in my signature block and on the calendar.

Nemori
June 2nd, 2016, 11:23
Hello, I don't have time this Friday, but I'd be interested in the potential second table (Wednesday looks good).

Blackfoot
June 2nd, 2016, 16:15
Based on the Calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2010).... It looks like Weds at 2pm Eastern is the only date that works for everyone thus far... (of course only 2 people have weighed in on that at this point).. I can't be sure if I'll be available or not.. it is looking like I will be.

Other than that.. it doesn't seem like any of the dates posted are much better than tomorrow... although cmdisc won't be as pressed schedule wise if he's not running on the tail end of a dinner party.

cmdisc
June 3rd, 2016, 08:13
It looks like 2 tables are shaping up with 8 people total so far.

d1wright, Blackfoot, HoloGnome, and Farnaby for today the 3rd starting sometime between 7pm and 8pm GMT.

Nemori, bigboom, JWMK, and hopefully Antlord for Wednesday the 8th at 6pm GMT.

Unfortunately, the dates up are the only ones I can do (and even some of those will be subject to change). So we'll have to run with what we have. After the 18th, the packers come and put almost everything I own into various-sized boxes. Then for the next 8-10 weeks I'll be on my laptop and I really don't care to GM anything on it (although I can still play....which reminds me, I have to get all my xmls and chronicles over to my laptop).

d1wright
June 3rd, 2016, 15:09
Lucia will be there for the dinner party today (Friday). Remember your table manners everyone.

cmdisc
June 3rd, 2016, 16:27
I've got Zwoot's and Layni's XMLs and Zwoot's last Chronicle. The last thing I remember running for Lucia and Layni was Tide of Twilight. Banthis was early on too, so I know he's had some changes. If that information has changed, post the updates here.

Heading out here in a few for dinner, but I'll fire up the server and post it here as soon as I'm back.

JWMK, even if we start on time as originally planned, are you ok with sticking with the Wednesday table? I have 2 confirmed for that one and 1 potential right now. If you are fine with that one, it will put us into range of legal size (with 4 or 3+NPC). This will leave Zwootwick, Lucia, Layni, and Banthis for today....which is going to make things challenging considering a small party all at the lower end of the subtier.

You're welcome, Dave. :p

cmdisc
June 3rd, 2016, 16:29
Oh, and I just paid another annual installment for the alternate server, so it's good for another year in case anyone has need of it. Information for it is in my signature. It's there for anyone in the Fantasy Grounds community to use whether for public games, private games, or just talking to grandma on a Sunday afternoon. :)

HoloGnome
June 3rd, 2016, 16:38
Remember your table manners everyone.

I'm just hoping that Lucia won't try to jump ahead to dessert while appetizers are still being served. :p

Blackfoot
June 3rd, 2016, 16:52
All of these characters played with me last week. I don't think anyone leveled... or bought anything.. but their xp/gold/fame/pp values have all changed.

BTW.. when we played this one in standard... only 1 player got 1 shotted.

HoloGnome
June 3rd, 2016, 19:37
Sent you the files earlier. Updated weapons, some pre-session purchases, used 1 boon, and some effects clean-up.

cmdisc
June 3rd, 2016, 19:55
Server is up. I'll be on TS in about 15 min.

Farnaby
June 3rd, 2016, 21:36
Here is Layni's last chronicle (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Byi37alIzB4rUmxOVnRyZ0lsQktYd0tiNDNzVW5hb 0ZvejF3)

cmdisc
June 4th, 2016, 08:40
One table complete. Another to go. One particular situation was a bit overwhelming while another was rather prickly. But I have to say that you guys were on fire, so I'm glad you managed to pull through. ;)

I'll work on Chronicles today. If anyone has any changes from what they put in their notes, let me know ASAP.

For the upcoming Table, Wednesday the 8th looks like our best option. I have Insanitymare on the calendar and voted, but s/he is suggesting a 1st level. So I'll see if s/he would rather do a Pregen. A 1st level in a 4-5 of this is just asking to die. Antlord is on the calendar, but hasn't voted or responded. I'm sending him another PM.

If anyone else comes along and would like to join, there are still plenty of seats.

cmdisc
June 4th, 2016, 20:13
Friday's session has been reported. I'll get the Chronicles out by tonight or tomorrow morning.

cmdisc
June 5th, 2016, 22:21
Sorry for the delay with the Chronicles. I have them mostly done. Been dealing with some sibling issues back in the States. I'll have them finished up and signed by tomorrow.

IrishBouzouki
June 5th, 2016, 22:31
One table complete. Another to go. For the upcoming Table, Wednesday the 8th looks like our best option. If anyone else comes along and would like to join, there are still plenty of seats.

I signed up. I will see about getting off that afternoon and hopefully there are spots available still.
This will be Madog again, and you haven't met his wolf Floki yet.
I should have his last chronicle from HG soon for Hungry Ghosts (just played yesterday).
Provided we succeed and Madog survives, the 1 XP from this game Wednesday will put Madog at 5th level already, woohoo!

cmdisc
June 6th, 2016, 08:54
Irish, glad to have you aboard. Yes so far I have 3 solid confirmations (Nemori, bigboom, and JWMK) so there is definitely a spot for you. Insanity is a yes on the calendar, but he hasn't posted here or responded to my PM. So I'm not sure what his status is. Antlord has signed up on the calendar, but also hasn't posted here or responded to my PMs...or voted one way or the other on Wed.

So with you along, that would make a solid 4 with potential others.

bigboom
June 6th, 2016, 16:18
cmdisc, I owe you the usual attachments: XML, last chronicle, and a token.

I've got a game coming up tomorrow, so I'll post all these items up after that game has concluded and I've had a chance to get my information updated!

cmdisc
June 6th, 2016, 17:04
Not a problem. I don't have info from anyone yet for Wed's table.

So yes, as a reminder, get me that stuff as soon as you're able.

Aparicion
June 7th, 2016, 07:20
Signed up for wednesday table if there is a slot still left

cmdisc
June 7th, 2016, 10:48
Signed up for wednesday table if there is a slot still left

Certainly, there's still room.

So far we have:

Nemori
Irish
bigboom
JWMK
Aparicion

If you guys can start getting your XMLs and most recent Chronicles to me today, that would be great. Otherwise as soon as you're able. In either event though, I'll need them before gametime.

HoloGnome
June 7th, 2016, 13:59
Thanks for running this one! Banthis enjoyed doing some redecorating...ok...maybe it was more like extensive remodeling! :D

cmdisc
June 7th, 2016, 14:16
Thanks for running this one! Banthis enjoyed doing some redecorating...ok...maybe it was more like extensive remodeling! :D

Yeah, let me know where I can send the bill for that. :p

cmdisc
June 7th, 2016, 14:20
Ok, true to the end-of-school-year mad dash, where everyone is scheduling everything on top of each other, my daughter has a Sports dinner on Wed that begins at 4pm GMT. My wife would have taken her, but now has an official award ceremony and dinner to attend the same night. So I'll be taking my daughter to her event and am not sure how long it will last.

Does anyone have a problem with pushing this off an hour later to 7pm GMT?

Nemori
June 7th, 2016, 15:43
No problem here.

cmdisc
June 7th, 2016, 17:53
I've put the new time up on the calendar. Hopefully starting an hour later doesn't mess with anyone's schedule.

bigboom, that should get you an extra hour of sleep, no? :)

bigboom
June 8th, 2016, 03:57
That will set the start time at 2AM for me and actually shave an hour of sleep off for me before work...so I'm not entirely sure I can make it since I was already pushing it with the original start time. However, I'll try to get home and get some sleep before game time but it's a bit iffy whether I'll get back home early enough to do so. If I'm not logged on right at game time, then please start without me as I'll probably have slept through the alarm I set for myself.

Also, given that I'm not fully able to commit to the updated start time, if the other players who have expressed interest decide to confirm between now and game time, please go ahead and bump me down to alternate and confirm them into the game!

I've dropped you an email with my latest chronicle and XML. Let me know if you didn't get those!

Hopefully I'll still make it...been looking forward to this scenario!

cmdisc
June 8th, 2016, 06:10
Here's what I can do. We can stick with the original start time of 6pm GMT. I will see if I can make arrangements for someone to give my daughter a ride home from the event (if it runs longer than an hour and a half as expected) so I can duck out early and get back here to fire up the server and get us going on the hour. I can't promise anything, but if everyone is ready to go, I'll post here when the server is up and then will hop onto TS.

I've not gotten any confirmation from anyone else, so there still remains 1 seat open. At this time you don't have to worry about vacating yours for someone else, bigboom.

cmdisc
June 8th, 2016, 13:55
I just need Vul'Gar's XML file. Otherwise I have all the xml's and Chronicles.

JWMK
June 8th, 2016, 16:01
Will get XML to you shortly.

aerine
June 8th, 2016, 17:39
I would also be interested in a 2nd run.... I realize it's a bit late to get into the first run :)

Aparicion
June 8th, 2016, 18:55
Is this game happening? Can't connect to server

cmdisc
June 8th, 2016, 19:06
Hey all. Server is up.

As warned, I would be running late. But you should all be able to get in now.

Aerine, you can hop in if you like. There's room for one more.

cmdisc
June 9th, 2016, 06:17
Well I have to say the 2nd table benefited from a larger party and a more diverse skill set. And with success in one area contributing to the success in another, they had a much easier time handling the challenges.

I just hope it wasn't TOO easy for them. ;)

I'll be working on Chronicles between today and tomorrow. I'll post here once everything is complete.

Thanks for playing, guys!

cmdisc
June 9th, 2016, 10:24
Oh and my apologies last night in getting Busta's and Vul'Gar's histories mixed up. It was Vul'Gar who stood in the city square as a child having fruit thrown at him.

I had forgotten that Busta is actually a quadruplet. Most people don't realize this, but it's true. His sister, Busta Move, is a very famous dancer in Varisia. Meanwhile his brother is a proficient bouncer at one of the more rowdy taverns in Absalom. His name is Busta Jaw. Then there's the quirky one of the bunch, Busta Leg, who is a dedicated thespian at the local playhouse. No one is quite sure whether he's a brother or she's a sister. But then I guess it doesn't really matter, since that IS theatre after all. :p

HoloGnome
June 9th, 2016, 15:50
They were actually quintuplets. You forgot the sibling that became a shoe salesman...Busta Brown.

bigboom
June 9th, 2016, 18:41
Awesome! I need you guys to do the backstory for ALL my characters!!

cmdisc
June 10th, 2016, 16:08
Game has been reported and the Chronicles are sent out. If anyone has any questions, let me know. Otherwise thanks for playing.

Now time to take a short hiatus from GMing as I focus on moving back to the CST zone.

aerine
June 11th, 2016, 17:11
I can't see the calendar to sign up for the 2nd table :(

cmdisc
June 11th, 2016, 19:58
I can't see the calendar to sign up for the 2nd table :(

This most recent run on the 8th WAS the 2nd table. I was hoping you would join us, but I figured you weren't tracking or were busy. Sorry. :(

I'll probably run this one again in Standard someday. It's a fun one.