PDA

View Full Version : Campaign/module question

AndyPan
June 27th, 2005, 22:04
I have a question concerning module activation. I have manually input the Eberron adventures The Forgotten Forge, Shadows of the Last War, and half of Whispers of the Vampire's Blade, into FG. This was, of course, before I even realized there was this module activation feature. All three (well, 2 1/2) have been entered as induvidual campaigns, which I have set up using the included Tale of Dinor adventure as a guide. I am currently in the process of running a group through Forgotten Forge. Eventually, once we finish this little adventure, I need to flow into the next adventure. Here's my problem.

Either I need to somehow get what I have already input to show up as a module, so that the campaign can continue unbroken smoothly, or figure out a way to bring my player's character sheets from the current adventure into the new story. As yet, I have not seen a way to do so without overwriting the destination story. I would rather not have to retype these entire stories in module form if I can help it. What can I do? Does this even make sense? Once again, the manual falls far short of being a reliable guide on the subject of madules and their addition to the campaign.

Crusader
June 28th, 2005, 10:36
Open up one of the other campaigns and type in the chat window.

/export [filename]

This should save the campaign as a module which could then be activated in the first campaign. Good luck!

AndyPan
June 28th, 2005, 14:06
Dude! You rock! That totally worked. Mind you, it didn't do exactly what I hoped it would, BUT, it's a start. It's gonna take some tweaking, but I think I can get it ironed out so that it runs smoothly. Thanks so much for the tip!

richvalle
June 28th, 2005, 15:54
I think you want to do /export 'filename' 'text' where the 'text' is what shows up in the module activation list.

So you could do /export forge The Forgotten Forge and it would create a file with the name forge and show up with the text The Forgotten Forge in the module list.

rv