PDA

View Full Version : Help with Character Sheet - Spells

Adventurer1
May 29th, 2016, 06:04
Need some help. with regards to the spell page.

there is a 'mode' button at the bottom. I see what it is changing, when i scroll through the modes, but my question is, "is the page automated with regards to useage of the spells, or is it just a manual tracking page"?

thank you in advance guys
Adventurer1

damned
May 29th, 2016, 08:56
Manual tracking only.

JohnD
May 29th, 2016, 13:47
I've wanted enhancements to this tab for a while. The ability to have multiple classes for example.

Adventurer1
May 29th, 2016, 14:58
I've wanted enhancements to this tab for a while. The ability to have multiple classes for example.

I found that you were looking for this a couple of years ago...in older posts. It sure would be nice. From all that I can gather, it looks like FG's work is almost exclusively being centered on D&D 5e. I think SmiteWorks won some kind of exclusivity deal with WotC for 5e on VTT. Anyway, I so wish I was a programmer or I would attack it myself, but alas, that is NOT my world.

P.S. @Damned, thank you for the answer on it being Manual Tracking only.

It does bring another question up on the Character Sheet; on the Combat Tab -- is the data in the left box (Armor Bonus, Shield Bonus, etc) automated or do we have to change all than mannual? AND, on the right box (your BtH box, with all the related data boxes below, such as Melee, grapple, pummel) -- How do those numbers change? (what drives them)

Sorry for the basic questions, but just trying to learn FG

Adventurer1

JohnD
May 29th, 2016, 15:25
Hey drop me a PM and I can give you a walk through if you want.

JohnD
May 31st, 2016, 16:59
Yes, better Spell tab implementation is one thing (it was there IIRC before the ruleset was updated). I'd like to see the Init modifier box on creatures in the CT tied to something... anything. There are advantages and a host of other things that give bonuses and the player sheets have Init, but nothing on the creatures/NPC sheets.

PM replied to btw.

Adventurer1
June 1st, 2016, 03:37
OKaaayyyy....I am sure I am missing something, BUT:

I have an encounter all established, moved the PC's and NPC's (Monsters) into the Combat Tracker, also I have pulled all the tokens onto the map from the Tracker:

And now, when I target a PC (I'm the CK running the monster), and I am trying to roll to see if I 'hit' the targeted PC, where do I roll from? -- What I mean is that as a PC, you double click on the dice located on the combat tab in the BtH box...But where is the corresponding roll from the Monster perspective?

sorry to be so dumb? but can anyone shed light on this part

Moon Wizard
June 1st, 2016, 03:43
If it's like the 3.5E ruleset, you mouse over the NPC attack string until the attack highlights, then double click or drag.

There are also shorthand versions of the attacks in the combat tracker entry for each NPC by opening one of the subsections related to combat.

Regards,
JPG

Adventurer1
June 1st, 2016, 04:10
If it's like the 3.5E ruleset, you mouse over the NPC attack string until the attack highlights, then double click or drag.

There are also shorthand versions of the attacks in the combat tracker entry for each NPC by opening one of the subsections related to combat.

Regards,
JPG

Thanks for a quick input, JPG. It does not look like there is a correlation to the 3.5e, nor is there any option that I can see in the subsection on the CT...Alas, I shall still look....I'm thinking I need a Bard to sing a song and spread it across the land for help....lol

Adventurer1

damned
June 1st, 2016, 05:02
Are you online now? Would you like a quick run through?

Mortar
June 1st, 2016, 05:07
On the right side of the CT entry for the creature, mouse over the the little sword icon -you should see a tool tip appear with the word offense. Click that area, it should now open up a section in the CT entry, hover the mouse over the attack until you see it highlighted...double click or drag that highlighted text to the chat/token on the map. See the attached screen shots

Adventurer1
June 1st, 2016, 05:31

I am online right now, yes sir

Adventurer1
June 1st, 2016, 05:33

sorry...yes, i am online right now

damned
June 1st, 2016, 05:40
Jump on the community TeamSpeak server and Ill have a quick run through with you.

Adventurer1
June 1st, 2016, 05:45
Jump on the community TeamSpeak server and Ill have a quick run through with you.

ok...um, i've never connected to the community TeamSpeak server. where do i find the server name and pass?

damned
June 1st, 2016, 05:47
Server: ts.fg-con.com pass: Dungeoneers