PDA

View Full Version : What app for character sheet pngs?

Brenn
June 26th, 2005, 11:22
I was wondering what application people are using to generate the character sheet png's. I'm trying to find the easiest and quickest way to accomplish this.

Cantstanzya
June 26th, 2005, 14:48
The quickest easiest way is the paint program that comes with Windows. It isn't at all complicated but then again it doesn't have many features. The best solution, and also free, is The Gimp. This definitly has a learning curve. Once you understand layers and know what buttons to push, it is very powerful. If there is something I want to do in Gimp that I don't know how to do, I'll just Google for help. There are many sites with tutorials that are very helpful. Depending on who you talk to, they would say it is just as powerful as Photoshop. Which brings us to the next alternative, Photoshop. From what I hear, it is very expensive and also has a learning curve. Unless you plan a career as a graphic artist or some other profession that you will be using photoshop as a standard in house package, it just isn't worth the money.
I personally recomend The Gimp if you plan on making anything in detail, or Paint if all you are doing is small edits. Good luck
Oh yea, if you are using Win98 or earlier the paint program that comes with it does not support .png files.

Brenn
June 26th, 2005, 15:06
Thanks for the reply, I've installed GIMP but haven't really fooled around with it at this point. I'm trying it in Macromedia Fireworks atm since I have some marginal familiarity with that program. If that doesn't work out then I'll head the gimp way ;)

Grays
June 27th, 2005, 02:02
Publisher for basic creation, photoshop for cleanup. ;)