PDA

View Full Version : Wish list - Change Color of Chat

Wonderbringer
May 28th, 2016, 15:15
I'm not sure if the current system (it's a must-have for the new system) could handle this but I'd like to see a color wheel palette, like the one for dice, that could change the color of information in the chat. It would allow you to change the color of the text that appears for any chat such as GMs name and chat, player's name and chat, attacks, damage, effect notifications, emotes, ooc chat, ect. GMs (or player's, themselves, if allowable) could customize their chat and adjust visibility of various chats to fit their campaign mood or color scheme.

https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=103821

Zacchaeus
May 28th, 2016, 16:21
Indeed, Idea Informer doesn't work for me either. I'm not sure what the problem is or what the fix is but it hasn't worked for me for quite some time and I know others have been frustrated by this too. However I'm not sure that Smiteworks has any control over it since it's a third party thing.

Wonderbringer
May 28th, 2016, 17:41
Emailed their support and received a registration email, which I confirmed and could then add.

Zacchaeus
May 28th, 2016, 20:29
Interesting, becasue I'm pretty sure that I had done that way back and it even tells me that I'm logged in when I go there. So maybe you get de-registered after a while or something.

damned
May 29th, 2016, 00:47
I'm not sure if the current system (it's a must-have for the new system) could handle this but I'd like to see a color wheel palette, like the one for dice, that could change the color of information in the chat. It would allow you to change the color of the text that appears for any chat such as GMs name and chat, player's name and chat, attacks, damage, effect notifications, emotes, ooc chat, ect. GMs (or player's, themselves, if allowable) could customize their chat and adjust visibility of various chats to fit their campaign mood or color scheme.

https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=103821

At the moment colour and font in the chat window is defined once for everyone - players, GM, NPCs. Different types of chat are done differently but still the same across all actors.
Definitely go vote for it if its something that you want. If you want to be able to just change them once across the board for everyone have a look at the Whispers in the More5eFun extension and that should give you an idea how to do it.