PDA

View Full Version : How to set modified dmg on save rolls

Ulfgaar
May 28th, 2016, 13:04
Hi there, I'm new to FG and maybe cause of my ignorance, I didn't found a way to set save rolls.

EG: I tried to cast a Burning Hands on a group of enemyes (on reflex half), the all that happened is that the monsters who saved have been deselected (while should take half dmg) taking any dmg, while the other like it should be took full dmg.

The question is: Can I set it in someway to make the dmg calculed automatically on the ones who saved?

Thank you all in advance and sorry my bad english.

PS: I have standard edition.

Moon Wizard
May 28th, 2016, 18:20
The 5E ruleset will attempt to parse the text of the spell to pull out all the various save, attack, damage and condition text to create roll entries for each spell. However, this will only work for spells that follow the wording directly from the English Player's Handbook. It will not work in other languages.

You can follow these instructions to edit the spell entry on the character sheet to make sure that Save for half damage is turned on for Burning Hands.

Open the Character Sheet
Open the Actions tab of the character sheet
Click on the magnifying glass for the spell you wish to review (i.e. Burning Hands)
If a Cast/Atk/Save entry does not exist, right click on the spell and select Add Action then Add Cast.
For the cast/atk/save entry, click the magnifying glass
Make sure that the Save and On Save sections are correct. (For Burning Hands, it should be Save Type of Dex, Save Base of Group DC, and On Save Damage of Half on Success.)

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
May 28th, 2016, 18:20
The 5E ruleset will attempt to parse the text of the spell to pull out all the various save, attack, damage and condition text to create roll entries for each spell. However, this will only work for spells that follow the wording directly from the English Player's Handbook. It will not work in other languages.

You can follow these instructions to edit the spell entry on the character sheet to make sure that Save for half damage is turned on for Burning Hands.

Open the Character Sheet
Open the Actions tab of the character sheet
Click on the magnifying glass for the spell you wish to review (i.e. Burning Hands)
If a Cast/Atk/Save entry does not exist, right click on the spell and select Add Action then Add Cast.
For the cast/atk/save entry, click the magnifying glass
Make sure that the Save and On Save sections are correct. (For Burning Hands, it should be Save Type of Dex, Save Base of Group DC, and On Save Damage of Half on Success.)

Regards,
JPG

Freenis
May 28th, 2016, 21:14

Moon Wizard
May 28th, 2016, 22:25
Sorry, I missed which forum it was posted in.

The half damage on save feature has not been built for 3.5E/PFRPG yet, so you'll need to apply manually.

After the damage is rolled for the fully affected targets, you can right click on the damage roll, select half option, then drag onto each target which saved successfully.

Regards,
JPG