PDA

View Full Version : Can't log in to forum on Chrome

Callum
May 28th, 2016, 09:30
In the past few days, I've been unable to log in to the forum on my Android phone using Chrome. I enter my username and password, and get the "Thank you for logging in" screen, then it dumps me back to the page I started on, not logged in. I've managed to work around this by using Firefox instead.

Callum
May 29th, 2016, 08:39
Is anyone else having this problem? Or can anyone suggest how it might be fixed?

damned
May 29th, 2016, 08:54
Nope. I would try this: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2392709?hl=en

Valarian
May 29th, 2016, 09:45
Are cookies locked on your phone?

Callum
May 30th, 2016, 10:40
Thanks for the tips, but neither of those helped.

The strange thing is that it's been working fine for years, and I haven't made any changes to Chrome or my OS recently, so I don't know why it would suddenly start behaving this way. It's really irritating, as I use Chrome for everything else on my phone, and the Firefox interface for the forum isn't as good.

tadkil
May 30th, 2016, 17:21
Thanks for the tips, but neither of those helped.

The strange thing is that it's been working fine for years, and I haven't made any changes to Chrome or my OS recently, so I don't know why it would suddenly start behaving this way. It's really irritating, as I use Chrome for everything else on my phone, and the Firefox interface for the forum isn't as good.

All the sudden my password was rejecting in Chrome. Had to go through the password change process. As a side effect, my reputation was reset to zero and I went from warrior priest to zealot. Ultimately, not a huge deal, but odd.

Callum
June 4th, 2016, 22:32
So, I clicked on Doug's link in Facebook to his latest blog post, in order to read it, and I noticed that I was signed in to the site. After reading the blog, I clicked through to the forum, and found that it worked! So now I have a workaround to this bizarre issue - don't try to log into the forum directly in Chrome, instead click on a link from Facebook...

Callum
June 24th, 2016, 16:52
So now I have a workaround to this bizarre issue - don't try to log into the forum directly in Chrome, instead click on a link from Facebook...

{sigh} This workaround has now stopped working - again without me making any changes. So now I simply can't interact with the forum in Chrome on my phone (which used to be my main way of doing it)...

midas
June 24th, 2016, 17:37
I've not been able to duplicate your issue. I just successfully logged in and navigated the forums via Chrome on a Droid Pro and a Samsung Galaxy S7 (which is what I'm using to do this reply). I just went to fantasygrounds.com and clicked the link to the forum then logged in.

LordEntrails
June 24th, 2016, 18:36
Maybe try re-installing Chrome. See if that helps. (I too use Chrome on my Android with no problems, HTC 1 M8)

damned
June 25th, 2016, 00:45
No issues on my Nexus 6p.

Callum
June 28th, 2016, 13:29
Well, I couldn't re-install Chrome, as I'm using a Nexus - but I could revert to the factory settings for Chrome, so I did, and it fixed the issue! Thanks, LordEntrails! Now I only have to put up with Chrome asking me to update every time I open it...