PDA

View Full Version : pending purhase, complictions, hope suggestions cah help me through them.

shardan
May 28th, 2016, 06:38
i have a gift certificate, fairly good sized, (a little over $ 700), but i have run across a bit of a double whammy trying to make my purchases. first, i have no checking account at this time, nor a paypal account. i also saw that i needed to make some cash expenditure, even a small one, to process.

My situation is a bit complicated, but opening a checking account to get a paypal account is not an option for me. i have a friend who has offered to open a prepaid visa card with a minimal balance. would this permit me to process the order with a one dollar payment to the charity indicated on the checkout page? big background, small question, please advise

Zacchaeus
May 28th, 2016, 08:54
In order to buy something over the internet you are going to have to have something to pay it with. Generally your three options are debit card, credit card or PayPal. PayPal also requires you to have some kind of bank account - so I suppose there's really only two choices. Steam takes anything that smells of money but I think Smiteworks only takes PayPal - but I'm not sure I buy most of my stuff through Steam.

damned
May 28th, 2016, 09:45
That is a nice sized GC and if you have trouble spending it all let me know :)
Is that a Fantasy Grounds Gift Certificate?
As Zacchaeus suggests the store only accepts PayPal but Steam will accept additional payment options.
A pre-paid visa card would get you over the line on both - as you can use a non linked Visa card with PayPal still.