PDA

View Full Version : Spell List access for casters

Bravo228
May 27th, 2016, 05:32
I have some question on how much access you give casters to spell lists. When a pure caster starts at first level. They can pick 4 additional open/closed lists and learn them as base lists. Do you allow starting casters learn other spell lists, even if they did not pick them as a base list during the adolescent and apprentice stage of character development?

Bravo228

Dakadin
May 30th, 2016, 00:43
I usually let the casters in my campaign choose from any of the open or closed lists in their realm from Spell Law without restrictions.

plastictotoro
May 31st, 2016, 21:33
me, too
In the moment we are using the same rule the caster gets his Base lists plus additional 4 list from the open/close of his realm, without restrictions.

Bravo228
May 31st, 2016, 22:27
What I was asking is do you allow players to learn other lists that they did not pick as their additional 4 base lists during character creation?

Dakadin
June 1st, 2016, 02:19
Yes, I do allow them to pick the other open and closed lists from their realm. Making a spell list a base list lets them learn those spell lists to level 50 instead of just 20. Table 03-01 in Spell Law shows level 25, 30 and 50 as type "E" for learning them. Only the base lists can choose an "E" portion of a spell list based on the core rules. Hopefully that helps but please let us know if you have any other questions.

Bravo228
June 6th, 2016, 19:45
Yes, this helps me a lot Dakadin.

plastictotoro
June 6th, 2016, 20:27
In my setting, too.
The four additional lists are counting as base spell list.
I am using also the optional rule, that allow players to learn the other potion with higher cost.
OPTION 2.5: COMPLETE LIST AVAILABILITY at page 24