Day of week and time: Friday 10pm UK time
If new game, planned start date: 10th June
Planned Frequency: Every 2 to 3 weeks depending on work pattern
Term: Until the module is completed and then possibly beyond
Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord
Roleplay & Combat mix: Balanced
Number of Players in game & needed: 0/5
Character starting level & equipment: Level 1 - all standard equipment as defined by class in the Player's Handbook
Character restrictions: Only standard playable races and classes from the PHB. Standard points buy or default array.
Details of your scenario: I will be running the Lost Mine of Phandelver introductory module from the starter set.
Link to Gamecalendar page: Lost Mine of Phandelver (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2001)

Having returned to gaming after 25 years away, I'm keen to run my first adventure in a quarter of a century. That's quite scary now I see it written down.

My plan is to run the D&D 5E Starter Adventure The Lost Mine of Phandelver in an attempt to ease me back into DMing. It starts with everyone as a level 1 character and should see you through to level 5.

If you are interested in playing then please post below with some details about yourself including your location, age and experience playing the game.

PLEASE READ AND NOTE THE FOLLOWING STIPULATIONS:

I really only want to DM players of my own demographic - 30+ preferably. I may make exceptions but I don't want to be DMing 15 year old kids with all due respect. I know that's how we all started out, but sorry.
I'd be delighted to accommodate new or returning players in this game. We can learn together.
You must be willing to be patient with a rusty, novice Dungeon Master. I will make mistakes from time to time.
You must be willing to be flexible. This won't be a weekly game. I have 3 small children and can't commit that kind of time. It's likely to a fortnightly or every three weeks game at the outset. There will be times when for work reasons or family reasons the game will change date or time.
There will likely be two session to start with (10th and 24th June) before a brief hiatus until probably mid-July due to me going on holiday. If that bothers you then this game may not be for you.
Sessions will last 3 hours. No more no less.
There are no geographical limitations in terms of where you are from but you must speak fluent English. This is because I am crap at other languages. Even common. I'd love to play with players from the UK but given the start time of the game (10pm UK time) I appreciate this may not be practical. I'm starting so late mainly due to aforementioned children.
I'd prefer to set up a Facebook group to administer most of this once it's up and running. If you don't have access to Facebook then please state this in your application so I know.
Finally, just tell me about you and a what character and race you want to play. I don't need you to rewrite the Dragonlance Chronicles for me. I don't really care about your back story at this point.

Right, so now that's out of the way, I look forward to hearing from you all......

Fazakerley
May 26th, 2016, 11:44
Hello Caledoniaman

I too am a veteran gamer from the UK, I've been playing D&D since the Advanced set. I'm very interested in your game - I'll go ahead and sign up on the calendar. The time works fine for me as I work until 8pm often and am a bit of a night owl. No problem with the intermittent nature of the game. I have a licence, so I can play with you although you don't have ultimate.

I've recently got hold of FG and am looking forward to seeing how it works.

I'd like to play a wizard preferably, but can be flexible. Rogue would be second choice.

Good luck, I hope we find more players.

caledoniaman
May 26th, 2016, 12:06
Hi. Sounds great. To clarify, do I need ultimate in order to play with other players? If so, I'll need to upgrade.

caledoniaman
May 26th, 2016, 12:11
Now upgraded to ultimate license. Apologies, new to FG and didn't really get the difference.

caledoniaman
May 26th, 2016, 12:12
Hello Caledoniaman

I too am a veteran gamer from the UK, I've been playing D&D since the Advanced set. I'm very interested in your game - I'll go ahead and sign up on the calendar. The time works fine for me as I work until 8pm often and am a bit of a night owl. No problem with the intermittent nature of the game. I have a licence, so I can play with you although you don't have ultimate.

I've recently got hold of FG and am looking forward to seeing how it works.

I'd like to play a wizard preferably, but can be flexible. Rogue would be second choice.

Good luck, I hope we find more players.
Note: It's a 10pm start. For some reason the calendar shows it as 9pm. Presumably due to the difference between GMT and BST.

Kronides
May 26th, 2016, 12:25
Hi Cal, I think I fit your criteria perfectly. I am in Australia so this is a Saturday morning game for me and I might have a couple of mates interested too.

I have nominated a Dragonborn Fighter for this game but could run just about anything if the party needs something else.

Late 30s, been playing since Red Box, have discord set up and have used FG a couple of times now (still getting used to it). I will apply on calendar and let some people know...

caledoniaman
May 26th, 2016, 12:45
That's great guys. Look forward to meeting you.

damned
May 26th, 2016, 13:25
Heya caledoniaman you dont need the Ultimate to be the GM. Ultimate does allow you to have free/demo players in your game as well though. If all the players have a license then the normal license will also suffice. LMoP is a great adventure to use as your learning board.

caledoniaman
May 26th, 2016, 19:46
Guys, for those who have signed up so far, and who use Facebook, can you please join the following group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1581917188768618/

Mitzter
May 27th, 2016, 09:40
Hi
Another Australian thinking that a Saturday morning game might fit in nicely.
Haven't ever used FG before and only limited experience with 5E.
I've put Human Barbarian but willing to be whatever

caledoniaman
May 27th, 2016, 13:24
Hi all,

This game is now full. I have 7 players which given the variances of availability should allow us to keep going over time. Many thanks.

caledoniaman
July 27th, 2016, 18:10
Guys, I've a vacancy in this game. Next session is this Friday 10pm UK time (5pm EST). See original post for my requirements. Many thanks.

caledoniaman
July 28th, 2016, 13:13
Bump

kalmarjan
July 28th, 2016, 21:35
Guys, I've a vacancy in this game. Next session is this Friday 10pm UK time (5pm EST). See original post for my requirements. Many thanks.

I'd love a spot in your game if you'll have me.

I was thinking of playing a Bard who specialized in the bagpipes...

j624
July 29th, 2016, 23:02
I'd like to put my name in for consideration as well. I see I'm a bit late for this week's session, but if there's still an open spot or one opens in the future, I would like to join. I'm 27, so I'm a little outside your stated demographic target, but it's close. I'm currently thinking about a Knowledge domain cleric (human) that is more focused on gathering knowledge than battling. As a result, such a character (if I build it right) would be less useful in battle, but very useful for general adventuring.

damned
July 30th, 2016, 01:27
Hi j624 keep on applying to games and check this link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?33370-Some-Games-Looking-for-Players-July-26th

caledoniaman
August 1st, 2016, 08:41
Hi all, thanks for the interest. Unfortunately the space at the table has now been filled but I'll bear you in mind if a further vacancy arises.