PDA

View Full Version : Auto Fill for making new character sheets disabled/not working?

Rilmarion
May 25th, 2016, 01:09
Trying to make a new character and I have the PHB, DMG and MM all bought. When I use to drag and drop a race into the race section on a character sheet, it use to pop up windows for custom options.

Lets look at Half-Elf. If I have the following stats before hand: 14, 10, 13, 12, 13, 12. When I drag the Half-elf race it use to bump my Cha up by two and then ask me which other two to bump up. Now it only bumps my Cha up by two.

Also, the Skills, it use to ask me which two skills I wanted to be proficient in, now it doesn't do anything.

If I drag Fighter over, it asks me then which skills to select for the fighter.

Is this a bug or did I do something to my client?

damned
May 25th, 2016, 06:04
Check if you have an unpacked CoreRPG or 5e ruleset in the /rulesets folder
Delete them or move them.
Delete or move the corerpg.pak and 5e.pak and then do an update.

Zacchaeus
May 25th, 2016, 09:12
In the case of the Half Elf (and any other race where there is a player choice of ability score increase) there was never a pop up asking for which ability scores to choose. All it does is tell you in chat and add an ability to the abilities tab. You always had to make any additional choices over and above the +2 to Charisma manually.

You still get a pop up for skill choice when you drag in your class. You don't get a choice of skills for your race.

So your scenario above is correct - drag in Half elf +2 to Charisma and no pop up; then drag in Fighter and you get a pop up for skills.

Rilmarion
May 25th, 2016, 11:39
I could've sworn it did this when I made my first warlock...

The half-elf has Skill Versatility which gives them proficiency in two skills of their choice no?

Zacchaeus
May 25th, 2016, 12:35
I could've sworn it did this when I made my first warlock...

The half-elf has Skill Versatility which gives them proficiency in two skills of their choice no?

Indeed they do, but you still don't get pop ups when dragging in the race. The only pop ups you get are from dragging in the class. You'll have to manually deal with the additional skills and ability modifiers for half elves.

Rilmarion
May 25th, 2016, 12:57
Okay, thanks. Will have to re-examine my first warlock to see if I forgot those skill/abilities on him.